ps3 or a cpu for 35000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
*SIGH* some people just don't get it.Just to cut this sort (as I really don't see you getting my point) How many is that 95% that you claim? 1/1? Wait that's 100%.Woops! Silly me.Before getting into mathematically solving it please put down some numbers.Most of the people that have bought it out here don't even pose a remote interest for it.Dude even the Blu-Ray DVD owner's don't give much of a rat's ass for it.It's way too over rated.

If ur the wet-ok type then dont buy it...power users WILL buy it...
Power what? Dude there are people I know who have spent on this console right from the day it launched & got it from abroad & have been Sony gamers for years now.None of them have even bothered to look up for it.Now I don't know what power users definition you profess.If that means buying every darn accessory available for the console then well good luck being a power user.:D

Its available at sony world...just book it....its a recommended accessory...
From whom? Sony? Yeah right.They know how to extract money.That's why every darn thing is "recommended" per se.That's the beauty of being called 'recommended'.The OP is as such a left with limited cash.Did you bother asking him if he was going to purchase Blu-Ray movies?

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Now guy, all of you kindly stop fighting about the remote control. All you guys who posed me to buy a remote...... sorry, i cannot afford 2000 bucks for it. Instead i can buy a ps3 game for that. To be frank i am not planing to play movies on ps3. Getting HD dvd is impossible in tirupati. I have to rush to chennai or hyderabad. So, i have to play only dvd9 moives which can run very fine my pc on my pc and dvd player.

I have one question

can ps3 owners download games through online. If yes, i am using BSNL modem can i download through it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^As I thought.;)

Anyway you can very well download games after hooking upto PSN which is free.Games demos are constantly updated as & when released.You just have to sign up initially & created a PSN ID for yourself.Try registering on a foreign country a/c(preferably US as it gets the demos a lot faster)rather than the Indian one as it seems the Indian PSN store is not available yet.You can get more details from other PSN users out here.BSNL uses the ADSL+ 2 system like MTNL out here I suppose.So all the setting should be pre-configured & should be picked up by the PS3.Not too sure on this though.Wait for another reply.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
If upgrading a PSU wouldn't it be better to go for a 500W one as it leaves room for compatibility towards future power hungry cards? Tell me some 500W PSU's. Also Allwyndlima, is my PCIe slot a 2.0 16x one ?

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
^^Corsair vx450 3.5k. Many wil recommend cm600:p. Check reviews of both. Btw ny1 heard ocz turbo cool 860w. Dis monster packs 64A on single +12v rail.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
OFF THE THREAD's TOPIC

is it possible to connect a bsnl modem to ps2 and play online games? I have lots of games(legit) which supports multiplayer features. Like, Burnout Revenge, NFS mostwanted, carbon, battlefield2 modern comabat and many more. So, please tell me how to configure and connect a bsnl modem to ps2. please, please, please,please..........

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If upgrading a PSU wouldn't it be better to go for a 500W one as it leaves room for compatibility towards future power hungry cards? Tell me some 500W PSU's. Also Allwyndlima, is my PCIe slot a 2.0 16x one ?
The VX450 has enough power for now & later on depending on the card you purchase & the power it needs.If you want to completely be on a safe side then go in for a Corsair HX620 PSU for 6.3k.Here are the specs: *www.corsairmemory.com/products/hx.aspx

Your motherboard, like most others, isn't PCI-E 2.0 compatible but the good thing is the 8800GT is backward compatible with PCI-E 1.1 slots.:)

@Vam: Here's Enoonmai's guide to configure Playstation 2 for online gaming.
*skoar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645&highlight=Configuring

Courtesy: Enoonmai
Source: Skoar Forums.

Last edited:

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
OK...Hmmm...:sad:
Well I was thinking that if I buy a 500W PSU now, a 8800GT later on my birthday and hope that it will be up for the task till 2009 end(one can hope atleast), and then next time I invest in GPU, I wouldn't have to invest in a PSU again. BTW are any new type of GPU's or price drop is coming later this year?:confused:
Also do you guys know about any dealers for Corsair PSU's in Delhi?:confused:
Also would I have to change my UPS too, its 1000VA Microtek one?

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
*SIGH* some people just don't get it.Just to cut this sort (as I really don't see you getting my point) How many is that 95% that you claim? 1/1? Wait that's 100%.Woops! Silly me.Before getting into mathematically solving it please put down some numbers.Most of the people that have bought it out here don't even pose a remote interest for it.Dude even the Blu-Ray DVD owner's don't give much of a rat's ass for it.It's way too over rated.

Power what? Dude there are people I know who have spent on this console right from the day it launched & got it from abroad & have been Sony gamers for years now.None of them have even bothered to look up for it.Now I don't know what power users definition you profess.If that means buying every darn accessory available for the console then well good luck being a power user.:D

From whom? Sony? Yeah right.They know how to extract money.That's why every darn thing is "recommended" per se.That's the beauty of being called 'recommended'.The OP is as such a left with limited cash.Did you bother asking him if he was going to purchase Blu-Ray movies?

I am not talking about ppl here dude....actaully i do get ya..u dont wanna spend...

so dont....

I was talking abt 150 or more peeple..i know this coz we had poll ther and it was astounding....

Power users are exactly NOT what u said thank you..i dont see anything except jealosy...sorry...
I recommended it...not sony..who cares about company ads...?????

I dont want to bother him...just simple like that..its my opninion..been using a ps3 for a year...so just a simple-down-to-earth-opinion.. ;)

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^..... +1

HEHEHHE..yeas.....

This thread should be made sticky...going on and on...

should be named as Console or PC......

Last edited:
OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
i heard that initial model of DS3 doesn't support Rumble. Sony said that including a rumble in sixaxis is impossible. Even some magazins stated that and i read it in some internet sites too. That's why i am asking you.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
nonono....

Intial model of ps3 controller is six axis..it does not have rumble.....

ONLY DS3 have rumble....

It was given after the launch of ps3...after 7 or 8 months...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Yes it will.It is also confirmed by Sony that the existing SIX AXIS controllers would be discontinued with it's production after the existing stock runs out.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
OK...Hmmm...:sad:
Well I was thinking that if I buy a 500W PSU now, a 8800GT later on my birthday and hope that it will be up for the task till 2009 end(one can hope atleast), and then next time I invest in GPU, I wouldn't have to invest in a PSU again. BTW are any new type of GPU's or price drop is coming later this year?:confused:
Also do you guys know about any dealers for Corsair PSU's in Delhi?:confused:
Also would I have to change my UPS too, its 1000VA Microtek one?
Kuchh iske baare mein bhi bata do bhai log...:(

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
You'll need to check with the UPS part with someone else as I am not too sure about it myself.As for the GPU part, I'd say if you are looking for a GPU upgrade later on too then a good 600W should suffice you unless you are looking for high end graphic card upgrade or SLI system(which won't be a possiblilty with current motherboard).It's very vague to say that it(the PSU) will last you for your lifetime & survive all you future GPU upgrades.As one doesn't know which graphic card you'll be opting for & what are the power requirements for it.So get a Corsair HX620 for now if you want to sustain for the year end & sometime after that.

Nvidia's GTX260 & 280 are already out in the market.No pricing has been disclosed on the Indian side.So you'll need to wait if you want to check for the prices.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Knowing about the UPS part is crucial for me because initially I had a 600VA UPS from Microtek which gave almost zero backup and sometimes just failed to support thr system resulting in instant shutdown. That time I thought the trouble might with be PSU or UPS or both so I changed the UPS to a 1000VA one and things were smoothened out but now when I upgrade my PSU it will be the Corsair HX620 for sure but want to know that will it lead to same power problems as b4 or gonna work out fine. Moreover due to high power rating how much due think it is gonna dent my backup time of UPS. It now gives 15 min while screen is ON and almost 30 minutes when screen is OFF.
As for GPU part I've decided to wait and watch cause of 2 reasons:

1. Recently played Assassin's Creed on my system and was satisfied with my system's performance so as they say "Don't fix it if it ain't broke":cool:
  2. Planning for full system overhaul later this year,maybe December so will be saving up to build a SLI monster :D

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ build a crossfire monster .ATi's new cards pwn Nvidia.
and if ur ups aint sinewave , any corsair / glacialtech /ocz / tagan (probably) wont do the job.u wont get any backup from ups even in case of a minor fluctuation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom