((( PS3 Discussion )))

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Hi All

I am a Fresh Owner of PS3...

I just created this thread so that all PS3 users can discuss variuos issues regarding PS3

here is wht i have found so far...

1,) change the theme by dowloading themes from here,,,
*www.ps3-themes.com/ ( GOOD COLLECTION HERE )
*www.allps3themes.com/

Now Put these *.p3t files as follows...

X:\PS3\THEME\(paste within this folder those *.pst files)

X being the main memory card root...

2.) it seems u can install linux and other os...haven tried it .. so if amny one can explain on this ... it will be useful for many...

3.) to know the Battery of SIXASIS - while in the Main menu press PS button ... u can see the battery on the right hand top side.. denoting battery level..

MY personal Review on PS3

Please share ur thought and express all other possiblity with PS3...
Also it seems u can run homebrew software...

All The PS3 Xperts... WE need u ..

also it seems we currently cant run *.avi files.. but with some software.. u can stream those files to ps3 from pc....

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
nothing can replce Pc...

but given the thing that PS3 suporting Bluetooth KB and Mouse.. it should give better performance and comfort...

and to ur info current PS3 2.10 supports DIVX.... and atrac....

but i am having 2.01.. have to upgrade...

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
nice.... sunny1211993...

its just that... the cell processor works like all those spectacular graphics in burnout paradise... are just childs play.. it never feels like .... well forget it ....its just ike a BIG jump for me .. seeing all those lags... slownes.. mediocre graphics in my C2D / 8600 GT...

But PS3 is simply awesome..

nice.... sunny1211993...

its just that... the cell processor works like all those spectacular graphics in burnout paradise... are just childs play.. it never feels like .... well forget it ....its just ike a BIG jump for me .. seeing all those lags... slownes.. mediocre graphics in my C2D / 8600 GT...

But PS3 is simply awesome..
from where u got ur PS3 and fmr where??

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
no .. i too was a believer of PC gaming .. but PS3 just changed my attitude..

given KB & mouse.. i think PC gaming may just be behind...

i got it in tamilnadu/salem...

i bought burnout paradise .. in that the firmware update was included...

but need to change to 2.10....

upendra_gp

In the zone
for how much did u get burnout paradise?
i want to buy it but silly exams!
and has anyone got DMC4? what is the approx. plating time?

shashank_re

In the zone
Actually even iam planning to get a PS3.My question is can it replace a HTPC?
(forget about TV tuner).
Can we use it as a media center?

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
^^^ paradise costs 2.5k

get 40 gb guys .. if anyone gona buy PS3.. here is why..

1.) usb - 2 slots (more than enough....)
2.) Still u can use 4 sixasis with bluetooth connection
3.)later idf u want .. u can change to 120 gb or more with laptop hard disk..
4.)still u can use SD/Memory cardwith external card reader... thru usb port..
5.) u cant play ps2 games... ( who needs it... Ps3 games are more spectacular/more graphical..

so at last u end up saving 5k = 2 PS3 games// :-D

PS3 if it supports avi.. will bcome one of the best Home enternaintment in ONE SINGLE PACKAGE...

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
@naveen , dude try Burnout Revenge or Burnout Dominator .

They're the Original Burnout , Pradise is not the real thing .

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
even i m getting a PS3 from Planet M or Sony
will join this thread.
As far as linux is concerned---
*ps3.qj.net/PS3-Linux-The-void-has-been-filled-Full-install-instructions-for-Fedora-Core-5-/pg/49/aid/73144

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thnks nish_higher..

How many users are here own PS3 ??

lets start from here ...

PS3 USER LIST :

1.) Naveen_reloaded 40 GB

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
5.) u cant play ps2 games... ( who needs it... Ps3 games are more spectacular/more graphical.

Totally wrong thing to say, unless you are a graphics whore who doesn't give a hoot about the gameplay. Surely you can't just diss around games like God of War, can you?

@Others: Playing FPS is not that difficult on the controllers, atleast not on the 360 controllers. In fact, I enjoyed my COD4 more on the 360 then on the PC. The sheer joy of squeezing the trigger-shaped shoot button on the game pad and then feeling the controller vibrate as the shot was fired is simply mind blowing.

Then there was the post-nuclear blast scene where I could feel the heart beat of my character through the gamepad as it slowed down, gasped in it's last breath and then went dead. That's immersion!

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Totally wrong thing to say, unless you are a graphics whore who doesn't give a hoot about the gameplay. Surely you can't just diss around games like God of War, can you?

@Others: Playing FPS is not that difficult on the controllers, atleast not on the 360 controllers. In fact, I enjoyed my COD4 more on the 360 then on the PC. The sheer joy of squeezing the trigger-shaped shoot button on the game pad and then feeling the controller vibrate as the shot was fired is simply mind blowing.

Then there was the post-nuclear blast scene where I could feel the heart beat of my character through the gamepad as it slowed down, gasped in it's last breath and then went dead. That's immersion!

no i just want to justify my stand...
i just want to say that .. people who have bought 40gb need not worry to much that they have bought 40gb...
i havent played GOW.... may be it will be good.. but if its coded for ps3 it would be more better than ps2 version... atleast in my theory./..

no hard feeling.. i am entirely new in this area...

guys who have 2.10 firmware???

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
please all ps3 owners update to 2.10 firmware... to play divx files ( ya i know wht u think .. u can play @xx0 movies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom