Preview + Feedback [June 2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.

toofan

Technomancer
I registered the code on 8th June too, but no response so far.

Any admins monitoring this?

Guys, should we start a separate thread for this...

Same is with me. I too registered on 5th or 6th of june through website. No reply till date.

Please send me a LCD monitor. My monitor went wrong. Thanks.:lol:

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

And please inform me soon. I would be buying new one very soon within 2 or 3 days.

Ryum

Right off the assembly line
I am a regular reader of digit,i have read this June Issue also,but this time i want to subscribe digit,so please inform me whether can i make the subscribtion payment through sbi netbanking?

pushpipsu

Broken In
I registered for assured gift and lucky draw using the code at the back of DIY ft using both the methods ( through internet thinkdigit.com/getlucky and through mobile sms) on 8th june 2010.
I again registered my code using sms after 5 days of not receiving assured gift information.
Now again i registered my code using internet today.

But no success till now. No email from digit regarding assured gift, till yet.

What should i do?

someones there to hear us? :x

onlyabhi

Blue Knight
I saw a lot of people here who have not got the assured gift. I thought of sharing that I got my course well in time just after 2-3 days registering my code. I got training.com voucher & am pursuing LINUX/UNIX course on their website. The course is ok.

Though I didn't get the activation email from training.com at the first attempt, but guys from training.com are very helpful & they cleared all my problems within time.

So, for all those who are facing problems regarding the course activation, try to contact training.com team as they are the only ones who can help in this issue as the course is provided on their system.

Those who are awaiting assured gift, Team DIGIT is quite busy shifting the office with the workload to provide July's issue in time. We must understand their problem as they have always been good to us.

Hope they can handle the big mess they have put themselves into by scheduling all the big things at the same instant of time.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
^^ do what FilledVoid has suggested.

I once got mine replacement DVD on Frb 2009 by doing so.

I sent mail and I got this:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Digit. We hope you are having an enriching experience with us.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We would like to inform you that we are unable to track your subscription through the details you have provided in your email. I would like to request you to send your complete Subscription Code. The subscription code is a 7 digit code, that starts with the first character of your name.

If you are not a subscriber then please provide us your detail address so that we can dispatch the replacement of the same to you.

Do not hesitate to reach out to us in case you need any other assistance.

We look forward to bringing you the best in technology.

Happy reading,
Team Digit

In case you have any specific query, you may write directly to one of the following email addresses for quicker response:

[FONT=georgia, serif]dvd@thinkdigit.com[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]You get what you demand, so send us your demands for software to include in the Digit DVDs[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]sos@thinkdigit.com[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]Blue screens, driver issues, etc.? Get help with PC troubleshooting of any kind[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]agent001@thinkdigit.com[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]A secret service to help you get buying advice for any product category, direct from Agent001 or our Test Center Team[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]e[/FONT][FONT=georgia, serif]ditor[/FONT][FONT=georgia, serif]@[/FONT][FONT=georgia, serif]thinkdigit.com[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]Direct access to the Editor for suggestions or feedback you have about Digit[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]business@thinkdigit.com[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]Think we can help you grow your business, or maybe you can help us grow ours? Get in touch[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]pressrelease@thinkdigit.com[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]If you think your newly launched product or service is the best thing since denim, let us know[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]careers@thinkdigit.com[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]Want to work for Digit? Send us your resume[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]In case you are not sure whom to write your query, you can always shoot your mail to help@thinkdigit.com or call us on 022-40789612/13/14and we will direct it to the concerned department.[/FONT]

So,what does that mean ?
I'm not a subscriber.....:(
I bought from newsstand.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's clearly written in the mail you've received :p

If you are not a subscriber then please provide us your detail address so that we can dispatch the replacement of the same to you.

ravi.tejarockon

No it's only online course. i'm chose the unix & linux admin they r saying that u should practice in fedora core 9 server where can i get it?

pushpipsu

Broken In
Just received ecourse as assured gift from training.com

Not happy with the gift, since i dont have much time to utilize it properly.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yesterday got a sms regarding the course on training.com though I got an e-mail on 15th june anyway :p

clmlbx

Technomancer
I guess many has choosen unix and linux like me. now waiting for Email. Says it will take a week or so.

yesterday got a sms regarding the course on training.com though I got an e-mail on 15th june anyway :p

I too got another sms from digit that I have received 890rs course..Dam you digit people..I was so happy that I gifted it to my cousin..but I'm still waiting for the response from the training team..

I received an email from the training with the code of the course and the details are :

1) Please open the website: _http://www.training.com
2) If you are already registered with training.com, please go directly to Step 4, else go to Step 3
3) Click ‘Register ‘on the top right hand side corner on the home page.
4) Login (using your registration details: email ID and password) and go to Home à Message Center
5) Enter the access code given in this mail
6) You will immediately receive a mail, confirming course activation
7) To go through the course after activation, please follow the steps mentioned in the ‘course activation’ mail

I am still waiting for the email confirming activation though I registered on 21st July..Are they sending email through post office ??

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I thought I would edit the previous post..but it will be good to clear it now. Through the chat support, I discussed the problem with the agent and though I haven't received the activation email..The course is activated..lol

Check out the dumb response from the chat agent :

Neeraj Vohra: Hi..I received the unique access code for PHP Learning Pack course
Neeraj Vohra: But I have not received the activation email.
Neeraj Vohra: Can you help me ?
Simon: I am looking up this information. Please give me a moment.
Neeraj Vohra: Sure..
Simon: I have checked and found an account for you.
Simon: Please login to _http://www.training.com to access the courses.
Simon: The courses assigned to your account are given below:
Simon: 1.) PHP: An Introduction
Simon: 2.):pHP: An Introduction (Linux)

Simon: These courses are valid till 20-Sep-2010
Neeraj Vohra: Can you provide me the steps to start the course ?
Simon: Sure
Simon: Let's login to your account
Simon: Click on IT Administrator on the left hand side > Click on "PHP Learning Pack" on the right hand side.
Neeraj Vohra: Its IT- System administrator :-D (The best part begins here..php course in System administrator tab..lol)
Simon: Ok
Simon: Please try the links given on the left hand side.
Neeraj Vohra: Sorry, But I'm still unable to find the php section
Simon: Please wait
Neeraj Vohra: I clicked the IT-System administrator, but there is no option to click for php
Simon: Please wait, while I re-check the information- took 4 mins...still searching ??:-D:-D
Neeraj Vohra: Thanks..I found it :lol:
Simon: Great!
Neeraj Vohra: It should be IT-programmer section
Neeraj Vohra: I got the link to begin the course.
Simon: Good to know that
Simon: It has been a pleasure assisting you. Good-bye for now.
Neeraj Vohra: Have a great day.

Last edited:

ardiigin

What do i need to do to get the DVDs replaced? Non of the DVDs for the anniversary issues are working on my system also tried on a few others....jus the same...please help up.

insaneYLN

In the zone
What do i need to do to get the DVDs replaced? Non of the DVDs for the anniversary issues are working on my system also tried on a few others....jus the same...please help up.

Call the Digit Customer Service on their new number, which is 022 67899678
or send an e-mail to the Editor - editoratthinkdigitdotcom

insaneYLN

In the zone
Friends, please inform me when is the last date to register for the e-learning course offered by training.com?
i have received my unique access code through e-mail.

i am currently out of town visiting relatives & thus using an uncle's laptop to access the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom