Post your latest Purchase

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Finally got to lay hands on my first droid. The Huawei Ascend P1 for which, I placed a pre-order on 11th of August.
Here are some shots of the device from my Nokia C6-00.
*i.imgur.com/5xp99dKl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/yVQfJ25l.jpg
*i.imgur.com/6Rh1h5ql.jpg
*i.imgur.com/KnVxIe9l.jpg
*i.imgur.com/KYS1I46l.jpg
*i.imgur.com/QkhUp5Cl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/urTrpAwl.jpg

One thing - The thickness is awesome, and so is the screen.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Thanks guys.
@abhidev: The screen actually looks brilliant, with great viewing angles and quite good resolution, though not hd. yes, it a 1.5Ghz dual core.
@flyingcow: Don't know whether it supports custom rom or not, as this is my first android device, and it's just been a day with it, so, I don't very well know about that.
There's one query though - Anyone with Android devices, can you please confirm whether the amount of RAM shown in the device differs from the one quoted (I think there's noting like that)? Actually, I can see just 659.2MB of Total RAM in this device (confirmed this with System info data, AnTuTu, and PhoneInfo), while Huawei claims it to be 1GB. I'm still confused. If the device doesn't have 1GB of RAM, I'll, return it, as this is gross cheating with customers.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
There's one query though - Anyone with Android devices, can you please confirm whether the amount of RAM shown in the device differs from the one quoted (I think there's noting like that)? Actually, I can see just 659.2MB of Total RAM in this device (confirmed this with System info data, AnTuTu, and PhoneInfo), while Huawei claims it to be 1GB. I'm still confused. If the device doesn't have 1GB of RAM, I'll, return it, as this is gross cheating with customers.

it has 1GB of ram but some amount is used up by the GPU and system. for mobiles with 1GB ram, around 700MB will be shown and somewhere around 500MB will be free at most.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
it has 1GB of ram but some amount is used up by the GPU and system. for mobiles with 1GB ram, around 700MB will be shown and somewhere around 500MB will be free at most.

yes..& even with 2GB ram phones such as HTC One only 1.5GB is available to use

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Thanks sam, Zangetsu for clearing up that confusion. I was browsing the net for this and a lot of forums cleared this confusion of mine, and to my relief, if this happens with the Nexus, it can happen with any device.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^ Congrats :)
Bought Crysis 2, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Burnout Paradise, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3, Sims 3 for $10 via the humble bundle :)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^ Congrats :)
Bought Crysis 2, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Burnout Paradise, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3, Sims 3 for $10 via the humble bundle :)

how do you get so much time to play so many games?

@krishnandu - you seem to be on game buying spree :D