Post Your GNU/Linux Desktop here

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I have made changes but it's not coming as it used o do earlier, dunno the reason. But's its more clear now.

rocket357

Security freak
mehulved said:
Here's my fluxy, terrible as ever
Bah...the question is NOT how pretty it is (use glass monitor on KDE superkaramba if you want a pretty monitor), but more accurately: is it functional?

Yes, gx, I'm stating an opinion here...feel free to poke fun at me for my non-color-coordinated desktop if you wish =) haha

But seriously, perhaps I'll sit down and write a mod to conky to "consolidate" connections like what you're seeing here (multiple connections to "blah.blah.google.com" port 80). If I can find the time...heh

*img1.putfile.com/thumb/2/4900455861.jpg

This isn't so bad for color coordination...

mehulved

Yeah it is functional and it is light, that is why I use it. I have never given much importance to the looks.

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
btw, which file manager is preferred to be used with fluxbox? anything except rox-filer?
secondly is there anything i can do to fix the fonts in fluxbox? they look terrible specially in opera, when i run it with flux as wm.

mehulved

mc? I rarely need a file manager, so I don't really use one.
Check *gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Fluxbox it has some nice resources on fluxbox. And check the links at the bottom.

rocket357

Security freak
Chester said:
btw, which file manager is preferred to be used with fluxbox? anything except rox-filer?
secondly is there anything i can do to fix the fonts in fluxbox? they look terrible specially in opera, when i run it with flux as wm.

Did you compile Fluxbox with support for FreeType/FreeType2 and imlib? (well, if you can set a background, then I'm assuming imlib is compiled in...heh)

You can use any filemanager you want (Nautilus, Konqueror, Gentoo (the filemanager, not the OS heh), etc...). Check that link mehulved, gave you...there's a lot of good pointers in there.

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
yeah that link was really helpful, thanks to mehul :)

well it was a precompiled package, fbsetbg was there already so yeah i could set the background, still i can't get over the font problem and conky flickers everytime it updates the stats, kinda annoying, any fix for that? it says failed to start double buffer continuing with single buffer :S

its the first time i've seen this kind of tabbing implementation and i must say its cewl and slit too is really nice thingy to play with.

Last edited:

rocket357

Security freak
Chester said:
yeah that link was really helpful, thanks to mehul :)

well it was a precompiled package, fbsetbg was there already so yeah i could set the background, still i can't get over the font problem and conky flickers everytime it updates the stats, kinda annoying, any fix for that? it says failed to start double buffer continuing with single buffer :S

its the first time i've seen this kind of tabbing implementation and i must say its cewl and slit too is really nice thingy to play with.

What's the output of "glxinfo | grep direct"?

mehulved

[img=*img529.imageshack.us/img529/1842/picturesramxt9.th.jpg]
Check the RAM usage, It's just after a reboot though, so no apps were running, still pretty nice when compared to KDE/GNOME.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/884/Screenshot.png

Here is mine as usual :p Can't add anything untill I update my system :(

mehulved

Clean
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/3127_6necg/clean.jpg
Dirty
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/3128_xwg9b/opera%2Bff%2Bxterm.jpg
Wallpaper - City Of Dreams
Theme - 0xAR
conkyrc - slight modification of the one given by rocket357
Opera skin - Collision
Firefox skin - Blue Ice
Good enough to last for a some time now.

rocket357

Security freak
*img2.putfile.com/thumb/7/19901180923.jpg

My current desktop...first saw the background used as the default for BackTrack (pre-2.0), and found the original (link was posted on another forum somewhere...I forget).

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
august 2007

clean:
*img300.imageshack.us/img300/9374/screenshotvw2.th.png

dirty:
*img300.imageshack.us/img300/5305/screenshot1hp1.th.png

rocket357

Security freak
Ok, so I couldn't help but check out what xearth is capable of...so I have here a screenshot for you to see:

*img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/22001184570.jpg

Nothing terribly special (and I feel bad for copying gary4gar...heh), so I decided to spice it up a bit...I wrote a script to plot the machines I'm connected to in XEarth...check out the conky connection display and the XEarth locations...

*img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/22001184473.jpg

Top Bottom