Post Your GNU/Linux Desktop here

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
OSX ish Fiesty Desky.. @ Infra dude look my taskbar ;)

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/3874_8cprp/Screenshot.png

This is the best can get @ 256 Mb ram and with onboard GPU ;)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i've posted abt simdock in the other thread: customize ur ubuntu desktop.

@shashwat
thats a great desktop! :) kudos... yeah thats the taskbat transparency i want in the theme i use (a darker leopard theme) hey can u do me a favour? can u upload the gtkrc and panel.rc files so that i can study them and figure out what i need to change in mine? or can u gimme the link from whre u downloaded the gtk theme? thanks in advance :)

btw, if u want the min/max/close buttons on the left side of the title bar then u can configure that in gconf-editor to make it more macish :)

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
The things I used are Icon : - *www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/OsX_MoD?content=54851

Windows Border. .as I told u my border ain't changing autom. so I used this *www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Humanoid-OSX?content=35753

++ This theme *www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Kougyoku-Simple?content=64122

These are the present things :D

infra_red_dude said:
i've posted abt simdock in the other thread: customize ur ubuntu desktop.

@shashwat
thats a great desktop! :) kudos... yeah thats the taskbat transparency i want in the theme i use (a darker leopard theme) hey can u do me a favour? can u upload the gtkrc and panel.rc files so that i can study them and figure out what i need to change in mine? or can u gimme the link from whre u downloaded the gtk theme? thanks in advance :)

btw, if u want the min/max/close buttons on the left side of the title bar then u can configure that in gconf-editor to make it more macish :)
Plz tell something abt gconfig editor :)

Last edited:

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
heres
mine i will post how i did it if anyone wants
it's a ubuntu 7.04 made to look like a vista i have not added much eye candy still looks nice

what do u all think

heres the link
*bayimg.com/cAFAEAabJ

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ thats a nice desktop praveen :) u can use nuveoXT theme for more vistaish icons.

@shashwat

to move those application control buttons over to the left, like on the Mac start the gconf editor, by running gconf-editor from a terminal window or alt+f2 run window. goto apps>metacity, then click on general. in the RHS you'll see a list of settings. click on the button_layout entry, then on the value field next to it. default setting is:
menu:minimize,maximize,close

to switch the window controls to the left, move the menu to the end, like this:
close,minimize,maximize:menu

the ":" is to separate the left from the right buttons.

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
infra_red_dude said:
^^^ thats a nice desktop praveen :) u can use nuveoXT theme for more vistaish icons.

thx.
could u give me the nuveoxt link
i googled and also searched gnome-look but no use
maybe u made spelling mistake
thx

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@shashwat
thanks for those links. i haf a fully translucent top gnome menu bar now! :)

@praveen
sorry buddy. my mistake. there was a typo. here's the link: *www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/nuoveXT?content=26448

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Here is my Desktop, i hav not done much just little additionals here & there, hope u guys like it.
different shots with different Icons themes. Includes 3D.
not too many screenshots. :p

*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1032782_Screensh.jpg

*images6.theimagehosting.com/3D.903.th.jpg

*images6.theimagehosting.com/Screensh.2a1.th.jpg

*images6.theimagehosting.com/Screensh2ot.th.jpg

*images6.theimagehosting.com/Screensho1t.th.jpg

*images6.theimagehosting.com/Screensho2.th.jpg

*images6.theimagehosting.com/Screenshot12.844.th.jpg

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
if u are using ubuntu then you need to do that in gconf editor. but i suggest you download gtweakui-nautilus package. which is a gui frontend to many nautilus gconf options. u can enable trash on the desktop from there.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
infra_red_dude said:
those are cool desktops, vish :)

suggestion: that trash icon on awn is awful man. trash it! :D
hey their is no need to change the icon by tat method, when i closed avant, restarted and again opened avant. I found icon changed this time.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok then the icon theme must be hafing those symbolic links by default. not many haf it. so i'd posted a sureshot method to get them :)

infra_red_dude said:
if u are using ubuntu then you need to do that in gconf editor. but i suggest you download gtweakui-nautilus package. which is a gui frontend to many nautilus gconf options. u can enable trash on the desktop from there.

go to

System Tools > Configuration Editor

apps > nautilus > desktop

check the value field for 'trash_icon_visible'

you should see the trash icon on the desktop.
if you don't install that package.

Last edited:

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Aha :cheers: Finally managed berly on my old comp :rofl2:
Here are screenies :D

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/4019_iesj9/Screenshot.png *www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/4018_qkv6l/Screenshot-1.png

Just wait few more I need to be perfect in Berly ;)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
thats a great desky, shashwat! :) welcome to the composite manager league!

btw, what gfx do u use? or is it onboard? coz if u use a mid range one i'd suggest u install compiz-fusion. devel of beryl has stopped. but it runs better on older hardware. hey can u upload the computer icon here (one 1 png)??

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@infra,
*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1040403_displaycapplet.png

*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1040414_gnomefsclient.png

there was one more, but that had prob in uploadin.

Edited: $hit they look a piece of beauty after postin here.

Top Bottom