Post Your GNU/Linux Desktop here

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Looks like you just downloaded the Linkin Park wallpaper. If that's a whole Linkin Park theme, then that's good :)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Here's mine Ubuntu Desktop running Beryl
Rotating cube
*img65.imageshack.us/img65/8431/screenshotuu3.th.png

The Burning Babe
*img208.imageshack.us/img208/9899/screenshot1gp3.th.png

*img150.imageshack.us/img150/1007/screenshotoe6.th.png
Theme - Murrina Wii
Beryl Theme - Wii
Wallpaper - Opensource Babe

Last edited:

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Check out my MASSIVE MANDRIVA DESKTOP

*discoverlinux.blogspot.com/2006/12/mandriva-power-pack-dvd-2007.html

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
hey i have the same image on my desktop... i love it so much that fr the past 6 months i have not changed that

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi paragkalra & tech_your_future, I check both your blog sites and really liked them. I especially agree with waht parag wrote in his blog about Linux not being a very easy OS for beginners. Having said that I'd like to suggest if either of you (or anyone else who is a hardcore Linux user/geek) can start a thread (or add in your blog's) some tips for newbies to Linux about how to install plug-ins, programs etc.

Basically some simple things that you know which you feel newbies would get stumped on. You can even get feedback from newbies/recent converts to linux to tell you the problems they face. It'd be nice if it does not include any jaragon but in a simple way so an newbie can understand. Because all the forums & linux sites I visit they make it sound so complicated which is a major put off for any novice who is thinking of shifting or trying out Linux. If all you linux gurus put your heads together you can really come up with a great thread that will be helpful for many people like me...hey who knows you might even help many people to convert from windows.

What say?
BTW parag I signed your guest book in your blog.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
caleb said:
Hi paragkalra & tech_your_future, I check both your blog sites and really liked them. I especially agree with waht parag wrote in his blog about Linux not being a very easy OS for beginners. Having said that I'd like to suggest if either of you (or anyone else who is a hardcore Linux user/geek) can start a thread (or add in your blog's) some tips for newbies to Linux about how to install plug-ins, programs etc.

Basically some simple things that you know which you feel newbies would get stumped on. You can even get feedback from newbies/recent converts to linux to tell you the problems they face. It'd be nice if it does not include any jaragon but in a simple way so an newbie can understand. Because all the forums & linux sites I visit they make it sound so complicated which is a major put off for any novice who is thinking of shifting or trying out Linux. If all you linux gurus put your heads together you can really come up with a great thread that will be helpful for many people like me...hey who knows you might even help many people to convert from windows.

What say?
BTW parag I signed your guest book in your blog.
caleb there's a lot of resources out there. Read the sticky posts. They have a lot of links and many of them are addressed to new users. Implement them as you read, you'd become familiar using linux without much effort.
There are really nice documentations out there so we need not really reinvent the wheel. There are a very few areas that aren't really covered, if you look deep enough.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Here are few knoppix 5.1 shots...

*img413.imageshack.us/img413/9184/shot4dy5.th.jpg
*img413.imageshack.us/img413/6835/shot3ak3.th.jpg
*img413.imageshack.us/img413/5455/shot2ad0.th.jpg
*img413.imageshack.us/img413/5043/shot1ux5.th.jpg

*xs411.xs.to/xs411/07021/snapshot11.jpg.xs.jpg

Superb...

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
I installed Kde on Ubuntu! Here's the new screenshot!
*img374.imageshack.us/img374/7408/snapshot3tw9.th.png

Top Bottom