**Post all your MTNL Triband Related Queries Here**

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Upload not Counted

ax3 said:
connectivity with USB or LAN ?

which is the best or get fast speed .......

Its always .. ALWAYS.. always.. Better To Use LAN on Bridge
:cool:

Thought mtnl old ppl install at usb on PPPoE,
but its recommended to switch to LAN if you have in your PC or Laptop.
and Change the mode to Bridge for better connectivity.
USB gives problem.

eddie

El mooooo
rollcage said:
and Change the mode to Bridge for better connectivity.
I am currently using TriB Unlimited on PPPoE mode with DHCP mode. Can you please tell me why is Bridge mode better and how will it improve my connectivity?

mns.saraf

Broken In
i receive too much fluctuations in downloading speed
can any one help me to improve my downloading speed
mtnl 590 NU, roughter GLB-502T, utorrent

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^In torrents you are bound to get variable speeds...its only with FTP that you can expect a pretty constant speed..

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@eddie
you can read the earlier pages, I have also mentioned how you can do it.
In Short, USB gives error n hangs computer therefore lan,
and PPPoE or Bridge -
1.under bridge mode Its in your hands when to connect.
2.Most importantly you don't have to remove the adapter everytime to disconnect or reconnect.
3. You don't need port forwarding for torrents, just use port between 49k - 65k
bye4now

A

ankitsagwekar

MTNL hass only increased the speed for those subscribers who have volume plan and not for all, so MTNL can get more revneue, so our Hon'ble IT Minister has lied This seems to be Year of fraudband than broadband, MTNL still charges 20Rs/ hr for 256 speed, check yourself *mumbai.mtnl.net.in/triband/htm/tariff.htm ... talk of internet revolution. Talk of plan with 2 Mbps plan giving just 400 mb data, its like FERARI with 1 ltr of petrol..

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
And yes the Combo Plan in Delhi too has not been upgraded to 2mbps...
It was the most attractive plan by MTNL and many have opted for it and hence MTNL has been shrewed in not increasing its speed...

subheet

Right off the assembly line
Blocking Internet traffic

Can any one tell me if there is a method by which I can stop/block Uploading or Downloading one or both at a time ??

Got MTNL BB 199:?:

yogi_7272

Broken In
is it true that .. night unlimited plan of 590 is restricted to 256 kbps instead of 2 mbps ? any mtnl user in mumbai ..

also what if we dont want to use the net connection for a month then we have to pay the safe custody charges per month? ... if we have our own modem .

santu_29

Journeyman
i am getting download speed af around 20-26 kb/s since january. ive complained to tech support(1504) but it dosent help. i also contacted the area manager, nehru place, mr. Anil Kumar Gupta, and he said he cant give speeds more than that. i told him i was getting speeds of 31kb/s for the last 2 years and suddenly what happened.. he says pata nahi.. pls contact GM and DGM broadband, mtnl. i told him that as per TRAI you cant call it broadband if speeds are below 256kbps(32kb/s), also told him that why should i pay for low speeds.. reply was again 'pata nahi..', i called 1504 and asked for GM or DGM broadband here in Delhi.. again the reply was.. 'pata nahi...'.. dont know how do i contact them.. my triband connection is 256 unlimited. anyone else facing speed problems pls take it to the respective area managers and can anyone give me the contact of the gm or dgm broadband, delhi.

santu_29

Journeyman
eddie said:
*delhi.mtnl.net.in/gm_dgm.htm
they are not gm and dgm of broadband unit.. anyway
GM Broadband- 23328823 23317733
DGM Broadband- 23752624
i wrote to the GM and spoke with the dgm.. dgm says im not going to give more than 25kb/s at any cost its good enough for you.. blah blah.. finally i wrote to trai.. but am doubtful if trai is going to do anything...
so what next?
what are the trai norms.. is it that i can be compensated if speeds are below 32kb/s.. didnt trai say that any company claiming to provide broadband must give speeds of 32kb/s(min)??

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Yeah I don't get download speed above 27KBPS...earlier it was around 31KBPS...
But this was bound to happen with increasing the number of connections..

Top Bottom