**Post all your MTNL Triband Related Queries Here**

kumaramesh

Right off the assembly line
I have an MTNL 256kbps unlimited account, and have been provided with a UTStar ADSL router. My connection dies automatically after a while, with the duration ranging from a few minutes to a few hours (usully averaging 1 1/2 hours, but fluctuating greatly). While the network continues to be shown as being connected, there is no data transfer. Restarting the computer is the only way to counter this problem, after which it works just fine for a few minutes (or hours) and dies again. I use win xp sp2. Please advice.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Have you tried troubleshooting and isolating the problem ?

• Is the ADSL LED on the Router still ON when you encounter no data transfer or active connection ?
  • Does you house have parallel connection(s) ?
  • Tried rebooting _just_ the router, instead of the computer ?
  • When the connection drops, have you ever logged in to *192.168.1.1/ and seen the "Status" of your connection ?

Thanks!!

kumaramesh

I do not have any parallel connections, and the ADSL light continues to shine bright when the connection drops. I am not able to log into 192.168.1.1 (.2 in my case since I connect through the USB port) when the conection drops, and rebooting the router makes my laptop hang. Any suggestions?

sks

Sharing one CPE on 2 phone lines

Hi guys,

I'm already using DSL Nu plan on a phone no. X and planning to subcribe for DSL combo (comes with phone line connection).

My querry is:
Can I surf the web using my old DSL NU account on this new phone line through the CPE that came with DSL NU.

Thanks

naru

Broken In
Troubled Triband

Hi,

I run XP without SP2, so no question of firewall. But my network connection settings says "firewalled". Why?

Also, I just installed uTorrent and I'm getting this error:

"error opening Windows firewall 0x80040154
unable to map UPnP port"

I tried port forwarding, but even then I get this error:

"Error! Port 40091 does not appear to be open."

"Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5). "

I've got the D-Link 502-T router connected to the USB.

Plz help

gauravmathur86

hi guys...

i am shifting from hathway to mtnl triband

first of all what is this adsl modem they provide with the connection....?? is it same as the router..???

and second of all......what is the diff b/w these 2 packages they have...

DSL 949 and TriB Unlimited

these can be found here.....
*delhi.mtnl.net.in/commercial/broadband_tariff.htm

Thanks
Gaurav

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
it_waaznt_me said:
Hmm.. I was wondering if you could use BSNL router with MTNL .. I am having Huawei MT 882 provided by BSNL and now I am in Bombay ..

I can program the router ( :D good at it) .. But just wanted a confirmation as MTNL support people keep transferring me from one guy to another saying he'll tell or she'll confirm ..

I think tht is quite possible coz both use the same technology...
well you can try with sum1 who has MTNL conn...

gauravmathur86

oh man.....no one is answering me....:(

gauravmathur86 said:
hi guys...

i am shifting from hathway to mtnl triband

first of all what is this adsl modem they provide with the connection....?? is it same as the router..???

and second of all......what is the diff b/w these 2 packages they have...

DSL 949 and TriB Unlimited

these can be found here.....
*delhi.mtnl.net.in/commercial/broadband_tariff.htm

Thanks
Gaurav

eddie

El mooooo
gauravmathur86 said:
oh man.....no one is answering me....:(
This is the modem they are providing
*www.alphanetworks.com/asl_2300.htm
It can be connected to both USB as well as Ethernet port. It is and is not a router. By both things I mean that you can connect it as a router for a single system...it will provide you with basic protection...provide you IP filters and basic router functionality. You can also connect it to a real router and it will work flawlessly in a network.

As for the plans...this 949/- plan is currently limited till 30/11/2006 but as we know about MTNL...they will surely extend the scheme and might make it permanent. Currently mentioning both the plans on same page is just a mistake. You can call the customer care and just tell them that you want 256kbps unlimited...they will understand ;)

gauravmathur86

eddie said:
This is the modem they are providing
*www.alphanetworks.com/asl_2300.htm
It can be connected to both USB as well as Ethernet port. It is and is not a router. By both things I mean that you can connect it as a router for a single system...it will provide you with basic protection...provide you IP filters and basic router functionality. You can also connect it to a real router and it will work flawlessly in a network.

As for the plans...this 949/- plan is currently limited till 30/11/2006 but as we know about MTNL...they will surely extend the scheme and might make it permanent. Currently mentioning both the plans on same page is just a mistake. You can call the customer care and just tell them that you want 256kbps unlimited...they will understand ;)

Hi...thanks for replying...

as far as i know and i have seen .... poeple who are using MTNL Triband have this modem/router....*files.dlink.com.au/products/DSL-502T/images/DSL-502T_(High_Res).jpg

i confirmed it with the call center also......

and as for the plan.....ya...they are the same....no difference at all....lol...

gauravmathur86

ax3 said:
yesterday i formated my machine .... & installed XP again ......

bt i 4got 2 record or rite what MTNL guys did after attaching my router 2 pc, ie some settings in IE 6 ..... could somebody tell me or guide me ?

you can ask your ip from the mtnl poeple...and as far as the router settings are concerned...you must have got a user manual/guide to setup your router...??

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
ax3 said:
yesterday i formated my machine .... & installed XP again ......

bt i 4got 2 record or rite what MTNL guys did after attaching my router 2 pc, ie some settings in IE 6 ..... could somebody tell me or guide me ?

I assume you have just reinstalled the OS and didnt touch the router. !!
Meaning, your router settings ae intact.

Now, all you have to do it create a Local Area Connection with the IP and DNS set to "Obtain Automatically" in the TCP/IP Properties.

Thats it...

Yea,

Been using it for the past 7-8 months now. Works flawlessly.

ALthough I wish I had a 24-hour unlimited :(

Last edited:

jeetu

Broken In
Here is my response for some of the above querries.
It is still a sad state of affair that there is no unlimited 256 kbps plan for mumbai. I use it, although it has closed last month. My account page still shows that I am using 256kbps unlimited. It gives around 50 GB download per month. I think within 6 months 512 kbps ulmited will be available, which will enable people to watch live streaming movies at decent quality.
ADSL routers are notoriously bad with power fluctuation. This is the biggest reson for random disconnection other is that telephone phone line is not properly set-up. If your telephone gives too much hissing sound, that get for telephone line fixed with local lines-mam. Best remedy against power fluctuation is to connect Router with UPS. That should reduce some disconnections. It has helped me. Sometimes when i do get disconnected i turned off my router for 2 minutes then turn it on. Sometime without a 2 minute break, the connection won't get established. There is no need to restart your PC.
For people with port forwarding issues, it depends upon the router you are using, using bridge connection should solve this prblem on 90% of the case. Dlink 502-T is very simple to configure as it gives lots of options.

cooler2005

jeetu said:
Here is my response for some of the above querries.
It is still a sad state of affair that there is no unlimited 256 kbps plan for mumbai. I use it, although it has closed last month. My account page still shows that I am using 256kbps unlimited. It gives around 50 GB download per month. I think within 6 months 512 kbps ulmited will be available, which will enable people to watch live streaming movies at decent quality.
ADSL routers are notoriously bad with power fluctuation. This is the biggest reson for random disconnection other is that telephone phone line is not properly set-up. If your telephone gives too much hissing sound, that get for telephone line fixed with local lines-mam. Best remedy against power fluctuation is to connect Router with UPS. That should reduce some disconnections. It has helped me. Sometimes when i do get disconnected i turned off my router for 2 minutes then turn it on. Sometime without a 2 minute break, the connection won't get established. There is no need to restart your PC.
For people with port forwarding issues, it depends upon the router you are using, using bridge connection should solve this prblem on 90% of the case. Dlink 502-T is very simple to configure as it gives lots of options.

thanks jeetu....solved my issues....and i will be going for the DSL 949 plan...which has unlimited download and upload too...

himmay007

HEY GUYZ IM NEW TO THIS BROADBAND WORLD
I M USING MTNL TRIBAND Rs.949 PLAN (UNLIMITED ONE)
i have a question
CAN i share this MTNL connection. I mean can i use this single connection on two computers.
ANY HELP IN THIS REGARD WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

jeetu

Broken In
himmay007 said:
HEY GUYZ IM NEW TO THIS BROADBAND WORLD
I M USING MTNL TRIBAND Rs.949 PLAN (UNLIMITED ONE)
i have a question
CAN i share this MTNL connection. I mean can i use this single connection on two computers.
ANY HELP IN THIS REGARD WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

Actually connecting 2 pc to router is very easy, Nearly all routers can connect to PC by either USB or Ethernet port, So connect one pc to usb other to Lan from your router.
For more than 2 pc (upto 8), connect router and pc's through HUB and enjoy. For best result connect router to "Link/Act" of Hub.
Tested upto 6 pc sharing Internet connection without problem.

cooler2005

hi guys...

has any of you tried port forwarding in the router..??

i've head that it helps in increasing your download speed when downlaoding from torrents...and it never give a NAT error (when checking from Azuerus)..

is it possible to do port forwarding in the DSL-502T router..??

Thanks

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
cooler2005 said:
hi guys...

has any of you tried port forwarding in the router..??

i've head that it helps in increasing your download speed when downlaoding from torrents...and it never give a NAT error (when checking from Azuerus)..

is it possible to do port forwarding in the DSL-502T router..??

Thanks
Its posted on the 1st page .. you should read the whole thread dude ..

rollcage said:
I have TriBand 590_NU 256kbps, Router - DSL 502T
.............................................................................................

A tutorial - How to use Bridge mode/Dial-up Mode in MTNL Dlink-502T

I had done port forwarding .. Its safe ...but I am using bridge mode
.. which is better than pppoe mode
n no need of port forwarding n pathetic .. unpluging of adapter.
Better try bridge mode .. all worried will be gone

I asked the techi guy at MTNL .. when he called me, (bcoz the 1504 guy didnt know anything of port forwarding so he fwd the mail to higher people)
he said .. bridge mode is good ..as it doesn't need port forwarding.

................................................................................................

Step1: Open 192.168.1.1 in IE/Firefox

Step 2:

*img162.imageshack.us/img162/9946/11rg3.th.jpg

Step 3:

*img162.imageshack.us/img162/5171/25mf1.th.jpg

Step 4:
now
Go To Settings
n
Reboot the router.

It will take a minute or two

Step 5:
..then in WinXP

Make a Dialup connection,,

*img218.imageshack.us/img218/285/37hp.th.jpg

Set Connection manually
Connect to BB using login name n password
Name it - MTNL_Triband
User - Tel No.
Password - CA No.

.....................................................................................................

Reboot(not essential)
.. then Dial <MTNL_Triband>
you are done. :D

There will be no error in Azureus.
......................................................................................................

cooler2005

oh..thanks dude.....my mistake i did'nt search for it....

thankss

PS==>> but will my azuerus still give me nat errors if I don't do this port forward thing and the bridge thing u just told me..??

rollcage said:
Its posted on the 1st page .. you should read the whole thread dude ..

Last edited:
Top Bottom