**Post all your MTNL Triband Related Queries Here**

Third Eye

gooby pls
I have 256 Unlimited connection but i got Rs 2271 bill payment of September month.what the hell with mtnl ?

mumbayite

Right off the assembly line
santu_29 said:
even i am getting bills of around 1500pm so thats why i am changing to the unlimited plan... and hey whats this game service about?
what the hell... i called up mtnl customer support and they say thay there is no such service like 'games on demand', i gave them the links of websites on the internet where the news about this service is there and they replied... 'shayad galati se chap gaya hoga...' lol... total sarkari...

HUH!
i called up MTNL Mumbai n asked em.. there is no 949 plan..
the only unlimited plan is the nite unmlimed plan.. the one i m in...

wit regards to the billin.. the thing in nite unlimited plan is to swtich off n on the router at nite 12am n mornin 8am

wer u referin to this unlimited usage plan fr mumbai?

santu_29

Journeyman
mumbayite said:
HUH!
i called up MTNL Mumbai n asked em.. there is no 949 plan..

wit regards to the billin.. the thing in nite unlimited plan is to swtich off n on the router at nite 12am n mornin 8am

well i have changed to the unlimited plan @949.. its great. you can checkout the tariffs at the delhi mtnl site. as far as mumbai is concerned well... i cant say...

subheet

Prob with UT-300r2u

:confused:I hav got 199 plan. The problem is that though the internet is working fine, I am not able to open the 192.168.1.1 site. It asks for the login & password 2-3 times & after entering admin (the default one) again & again it shows the error
401 Unauthorized

Authorization required.

I hav tried resetting it twice but still its not wrkng.
The MTNL guys cudnt help much , it has already been two weeks & no engineer has come.(I give daily reminders )
Help me pls

Third Eye

gooby pls
Re: Prob with UT-300r2u

subheet said:
:confused:I hav got 199 plan. The problem is that though the internet is working fine, I am not able to open the 192.168.1.1 site. It asks for the login & password 2-3 times & after entering admin (the default one) again & again it shows the error
401 Unauthorized

Authorization required.

I hav tried resetting it twice but still its not wrkng.
The MTNL guys cudnt help much , it has already been two weeks & no engineer has come.(I give daily reminders )
Help me pls

Type this:
username: admin
password: admin

in *192.168.1.1

Last edited:

champ_rock

champ_rock
hey how much does the mtnl modem costs because i was planning to buy it in order to save 500 initial + 80 per month on modem rentals...

subheet

Mtnl

Is it possible to open your account internet thru a MTNL router at
another place.
Or if I have two telephone lines both having the broadband connxion, can I swap between them to use one anothers' account.

Last edited:

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Guys i am back in the cyber world. Got a MTNL TriB Unlimited connection today. working good, gentoo servers upgrading, open bsd firwall security updateing, life is sooooo full again, and i did mis this forum.

leprechaun

guys thanks for the earlier help.. i restored my 502t to factory sdettings and now things are going fine... except for one...
i recently started using utorrent... so after downloading the .torrent file, when i started downloading it using the USB connection, i was getting great speed... then i paused it for some reason... the nest time i started the PC to resume theb download, i had mto use the ethernet due to some reasons. and i got really suckky speeds... and also the utorrent status bar showed a warning flag, suggesting that there is some problem min your nnetwork config.... so i switched to the usb, and things were fine again... so i thought some sort of problems that wer there, might hacve been solved... so i switched back to ethernet... but again i got that same little flag warning in utorrent and sucky speed...
although i've applied the same port fwding rules to both interfaces in the 502t, and even disabled its firewall, i'm getting the same issues...
could anyone help me figure out that why is this taking place??
why shouold USB work and ethernet not?

PS:- i have NO sw firewall installed in my system and i'm using avg free antivirus, on WinXP SP2

Last edited:

jeetu

Broken In
My experience of Mtnl Triband in Delhi is so far amazing.
In last 14 months the connection was down for less than 30 hours down combined in 2 seperate days.
After getting Rs 1399 (now 949) unlimited connection, torrents are now blazing fast almost (28-31 kb per second) download speed. Thats nearly 100 MB per hour Since it uses a static ip, even it connects faster with static ip setting in my Dlink 502T router.
Can't wait for 512 unlimited connection?
For people having trouble with torrents put your local ip adress, ex- 192.168.1.2/3/3 etc in DMZ under router setting. DMZ is a minor security risk , torrents works at optimum speed. Presently downloading around 40-50 GB per month.

Now my question- Since there is no 512 kbps unlimited connection from MTNL yet. It is possible to combine 2 seperate 256 connection on one computer (with WinXP) to get 512 kbps effective speed?

P.S. I use Azureus for torrent (no nat error thus far) and getright for http.
If anyone facing torrent issue contact me at cricketmater@yahoo.com or here.

rohus24

Broken In
jeetu said:
My experience of Mtnl Triband in Delhi is so far amazing.
In last 14 months the connection was down for less than 30 hours down combined in 2 seperate days.
After getting Rs 1399 (now 949) unlimited connection, torrents are now blazing fast almost (28-31 kb per second) download speed. Thats nearly 100 MB per hour Since it uses a static ip, even it connects faster with static ip setting in my Dlink 502T router.
For people having trouble with torrents put your local ip adress, ex- 192.168.1.2/3/3 etc in DMZ under router setting. DMZ is a minor security risk , torrents works at optimum speed. Presently downloading around 40-50 GB per month.

Now my question- Since there is no 512 kbps unlimited connection from MTNL yet. It is possible to combine 2 seperate 256 connection on one computer (with WinXP) to get 512 kbps effective speed?

ya its possible.ull have to use da bridge mode
but u shud have another tel connection.

ya its possible.ull have to use da bridge mode
but u shud have another tel connection.u can connect 1 in lan card,while another in the usb.
Or if I have two telephone lines both having the broadband connxion, can I swap between them to use one anothers' account.

u cant open ur acc in another place(atleast not in mumbai) due 2 theri port binding feature

no i dont think u can swap ur connexion

Last edited:

champ_rock

champ_rock
i called 1500 today because i was planning to change to mtnl..

they said that the mtnl registration charges (Rs. 1300) have been waived off till November 15.

right now i have sify connection for which i have already taken a one month pack which expires on 25 nov.

my question is that if i apply on nov 14 and suppose they install the connection on 20nov. .then will i be charged any registration charges? (they calculate reg charges form the date of application or the date of installaion??)

also, how many days does it NORMALLY take to install the connection after application?

Heres my Q.
i have Mtnl 199 Plan with D-link Router(as i was one of the first people to apply 4 it)
now can i use both ethernet and usb connectivity at the same time 4 my internet?

king007

In the zone
yes u can, u can connect usb to laptop and ethernet to desktop or even vice versa and use the same connection on 2 pc's simultaneously but the bandwidth gets divided. So u attach more computers the bandwidth gets further divided and connection becomes slower....

nfsfan

Broken In
is there any such scheme in mtnl that converts ur rs 199 -400mb plan into night unlimited after paying 100 bucks extra...one of my frnds told that the person who came to install the connection at his place told him.i enquired at 1500 and as usual they acted foolishly and dint give a proper reply.anybody knows about it?and has the game pack started in mtnl as well?

seattleite

Hi Guys,
I had a question which if you can answer will be really helpful and highly appreciated.

I have no idea about the quality of the MTNL broadband connection and I am planning to get on at my place in Bombay for one month. I will be coming to Bombay and staying at my parents place and asked my brother to get the best internet connection available in Bombay. He said MTNL is the one and hence I am gettin it.

My question for you is which tariff plan will be appropriate for me. I want to connect to servers here in the US and work from Bombay. It will be a simple putty connection to Unix boxes and most of my work will be done at night time.

I was thinking the number 5 connection here *mumbai.mtnl.net.in/triband/htm/tariff.htm will be appropriate for me.

Do you think 256Kbps will be enough. Is the connection what they say and always that good, especially at night ?

Thanks so much for your inputs

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. I was wondering if you could use BSNL router with MTNL .. I am having Huawei MT 882 provided by BSNL and now I am in Bombay ..

I can program the router ( :D good at it) .. But just wanted a confirmation as MTNL support people keep transferring me from one guy to another saying he'll tell or she'll confirm ..

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
nfsfan said:
is there any such scheme in mtnl that converts ur rs 199 -400mb plan into night unlimited after paying 100 bucks extra...one of my frnds told that the person who came to install the connection at his place told him.i enquired at 1500 and as usual they acted foolishly and dint give a proper reply.anybody knows about it?and has the game pack started in mtnl as well?

No. Theres no such thing as that.

You can change your plan to a higher plan by writing them an application.

But giving just Rs.100 extra wont change ur plan from 400 MB to TriB_NU !

Sorry

So far, only Delhi MTNL has an unlimited plan...

Mumbai MTNL has the Night Unlimited plan, But no Total Unlimited.

I have called them up several times, but to no avail.

I think all guys from Mumbai here should make a petition.

We need a Unlimited plan in Mumbai !!

Last edited:
seattleite said:
Hi Guys,
I had a question which if you can answer will be really helpful and highly appreciated.

I have no idea about the quality of the MTNL broadband connection and I am planning to get on at my place in Bombay for one month. I will be coming to Bombay and staying at my parents place and asked my brother to get the best internet connection available in Bombay. He said MTNL is the one and hence I am gettin it.

My question for you is which tariff plan will be appropriate for me. I want to connect to servers here in the US and work from Bombay. It will be a simple putty connection to Unix boxes and most of my work will be done at night time.

I was thinking the number 5 connection here *mumbai.mtnl.net.in/triband/htm/tariff.htm will be appropriate for me.

Do you think 256Kbps will be enough. Is the connection what they say and always that good, especially at night ?

Thanks so much for your inputs

well try the NIght Plan..........

Top Bottom