** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
hello . i have a rather strange problem which i think is associated with my modem than with bsnl .. i am on ul900+ . i have a utstarcom wa 3002 g1 ( its got wireless but i use only LAN ) router.

yesterday , i saw that utorrent was showing a exclamation mark instead of the usual green tick mark which meant that i was not forwarding port.
As i had earlier mentioned , i was not able to open 192.168.1.1 ( for about 3 months ). . digit forum had recommended me to try and hard reset the modem. .i hadnt bothered with it as everything else was fine. . now that i had this port problem i hard resetted it and voila 192.168.1.1 opened . i re-entered my bsnl username and pass , forwarded ports in NAT . but still no go. . both azureus and utorrent say i have a NAT problem..i am able to access all websites , still download cotent in torrents but at low speed.

i have followed these steps : *www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/UTStarcom/WA3002-g1/Utorrent.htm

this is the picture of the page where i have forwarded the port.

*img396.imageshack.us/img396/34/portgf2.th.jpg

and utorrent says i havent forwarded any port.

*img171.imageshack.us/img171/2297/porer9.th.jpg

plz help guys

PS
i have noticed one thing. . it is taking quite a long time for the "adsl link" light on the modem to appear after turning on the pc. . the adsl link LED used to turn on by the time windows completed booting. . but now its taking 2-3 minutes after windows completely boots..and in the past 2-3 days disconnections have been rather frequent..

update :

OK. . i usually use XP. . i booted into vista to give it a shot. .i re-checked my torrents in utorrents and started them . .voila , the green mark indicating the port forward success had appeared and speed was nearly constant 31 kBps. . speed guide showed that port 61275 had been forwarded !!!!!!!!!!! a number which i have never entered. .. and i cud not even change the port number also ( it was greyed ) ..
*img228.imageshack.us/img228/2470/79141892ig3.th.jpg

*img228.imageshack.us/img228/4469/82861411xo9.th.jpg

ok .. i came back to xp to find this in 192.168.1.1

*img292.imageshack.us/img292/8492/porsr5.th.jpg

looks like vista adds ports on its own .. but again to my dismay , port 61275 did not work in xp.

what the heck is going on guys ?? how do i get the port thing working in xp like it used to ?

Last edited:

Indranil92001

Journeyman
@sagargv you enter to mutch port number on your modem. In youe screenshot I saw you enter IP 192.168.1.1 with name asf. You dont need to enter this IP range. This is your gatway IP address of your modem.
First you have to sure what Ip have in your Computer. In XP go to Run then type CMD and in this windo type IPCONFIG then it will show you your NIC IP address. Now browse your modem and go to the NAT page where you need to set your PORT for incomming connecting. Delete all your previous entry or you can reset your modem but reseting the modem you need to set user name and password again. In Rule 1 type your application name but dont select the FTP or any thing ( I saw in your screen shot ) utorrent is not FTP.

This is very simple just you need to know your IP of your NIC then your Torrent Client port Number and set it to in your Modem.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Dr.Venkatesh>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.33
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

C:\Documents and Settings\Dr.Venkatesh>

i think 192.168.1.33 is right.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Anyone from Chennai going to get their plans changed to 512k UL? I can go tomorrow if those guys know abt that news plans.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
BSNL related basic questions!

Guys, some of these has been answered i know but am confused!
Can you tell me HOW DO I SEE MY BSNL BB PLAN online? I was told to see in the portal.. is this the portal? *portal.bsnl.in

If yes when i try to add a phone number i dont have any option for Bangalore under Karnataka :(
Also no where i can see any tabs for BB details..

Pls help me! Am lost with the extra ordinary, mind blowing website of BSNL!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Re: BSNL related basic questions!

if your connection is new (or ip addrds. starts wit 117.xxx...) go here -
*bbservice.bsnl.in/

note: Portal ID is different, not the user name/pass. you enter to connect to BB.

[whats your IP addrs.]

anuragdws

Broken In
I just faced a strange problem. I downloaded a file from rapidshare. It started downloading with a massive speed of 230+KB/sec then dwindled to 85+. After completing the download I restarted the pc & again downloaded a file from rapidshare but I was shocked to see the MAX SPEED WAS LESS THAN 20 KB/SEC.

It seems the overall speed has reduced. Though not much difference can be spotted in browsing.

What could be the problem friends.

devilz666

Broken In
BSNL UL 900, speed increased?

Since 3 hrs i've been d/ling @ 65-72 KBps

Am I alone or are we witnessing some revolution? :p

the.kaushik

ok my IP starts with 117.. now what where do i get the id to login? and what is this(*portal.bsnl.in) for then?

also it is said you get email id from bsnl on new connection.. i dint got any?

Last edited:

the.kaushik

y dont you got and loign dataone.in

click on Check Your Account Usage 2 login

once in ur account u can check all that u need to chek

usage = Service records

plan = Service Order Records

but how? where do i get the email id!

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
hello . i have a rather strange problem which i think is associated with my modem than with bsnl .. i am on ul900+ . i have a utstarcom wa 3002 g1 ( its got wireless but i use only LAN ) router.

yesterday , i saw that utorrent was showing a exclamation mark instead of the usual green tick mark which meant that i was not forwarding port.
As i had earlier mentioned , i was not able to open 192.168.1.1 ( for about 3 months ). . digit forum had recommended me to try and hard reset the modem. .i hadnt bothered with it as everything else was fine. . now that i had this port problem i hard resetted it and voila 192.168.1.1 opened . i re-entered my bsnl username and pass , forwarded ports in NAT . but still no go. . both azureus and utorrent say i have a NAT problem..i am able to access all websites , still download cotent in torrents but at low speed.

i have followed these steps : *www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/UTStarcom/WA3002-g1/Utorrent.htm

this is the picture of the page where i have forwarded the port.

*img396.imageshack.us/img396/34/portgf2.th.jpg

and utorrent says i havent forwarded any port.

*img171.imageshack.us/img171/2297/porer9.th.jpg

plz help guys

PS
i have noticed one thing. . it is taking quite a long time for the "adsl link" light on the modem to appear after turning on the pc. . the adsl link LED used to turn on by the time windows completed booting. . but now its taking 2-3 minutes after windows completely boots..and in the past 2-3 days disconnections have been rather frequent..

update :

OK. . i usually use XP. . i booted into vista to give it a shot. .i re-checked my torrents in utorrents and started them . .voila , the green mark indicating the port forward success had appeared and speed was nearly constant 31 kBps. . speed guide showed that port 61275 had been forwarded !!!!!!!!!!! a number which i have never entered. .. and i cud not even change the port number also ( it was greyed ) ..
*img228.imageshack.us/img228/2470/79141892ig3.th.jpg

*img228.imageshack.us/img228/4469/82861411xo9.th.jpg

ok .. i came back to xp to find this in 192.168.1.1

*img292.imageshack.us/img292/8492/porsr5.th.jpg

looks like vista adds ports on its own .. but again to my dismay , port 61275 did not work in xp.

what the heck is going on guys ?? how do i get the port thing working in xp like it used to ?

plz help guys. . i'm struck using vista and coz of my grand ma pc . games dont run smoothly on vista like in xp.

Indranil92001

Journeyman
@sagargv reset your modem and set agin your username with password and in port forwarding set your Lan IP address with your client port ( Azureus, Utorrent etc etc ). In port forwarding section of the modem only enter one entry, your lan IP with your torrent client port. If dosenot work then cheak your XP firewall in your lan configaration.

anurag01232006

Right off the assembly line
Guys I m in a big problem here:?...I was on BSNL HOME 250 plan and recently I gve the application for the sift of plan to HOME500...I gave the application of 13th of March and I was told that from April my new plan will start..But how to check whether my new plan has started or not??I have an old connection and took it it 2006...

Today I went to the exchange and they told me that they updated my plan day before yesterday but my last nights usage has been included in the portal website....can any1 give me the screen shot of the page where the plan is written...Mine only shows 256 Symmetrical.....

help me guys:cry:....please mail me on anurag01232006@yahoo.co.in ......

devilz666

Broken In
Guys I m in a big problem here:?...I was on BSNL HOME 250 plan and recently I gve the application for the sift of plan to HOME500...I gave the application of 13th of March and I was told that from April my new plan will start..But how to check whether my new plan has started or not??I have an old connection and took it it 2006...

Today I went to the exchange and they told me that they updated my plan day before yesterday but my last nights usage has been included in the portal website....can any1 give me the screen shot of the page where the plan is written...Mine only shows 256 Symmetrical.....

help me guys:cry:....please mail me on anurag01232006@yahoo.co.in ......

Dude, call 1957 2moro and ask them. it's dataone helpline

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
@sagargv reset your modem and set agin your username with password and in port forwarding set your Lan IP address with your client port ( Azureus, Utorrent etc etc ). In port forwarding section of the modem only enter one entry, your lan IP with your torrent client port. If dosenot work then cheak your XP firewall in your lan configaration.

i added utorrent to exceptions in firewall . .i tried disabling firewall . . but no go .. i resetted the modem again . no use. ..

Top Bottom