** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

praka123

left this forum longback
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

^I doubt if ur having a 3rd party firewall like zonelam or comodo etc?if it is true,try uninstalling those firewall's and see!.the problem seems to be some scripts closing ur ports :( (sry not much idea about window$)

Indranil92001

Journeyman

@sagargv I dont have any problem with Utorrent in my operating system. I use utorrent 1.7.5. If you get problem with utorrent then try with azureus.
Maybe your operating system need to reinstall again.

bhunnu16

Broken In

Don't know whether this is a repost... Are bsnl meters automatically stop between 2am -8am even if I start the download before 2 and stop after 8am.
My usage shows the data transfer between the happy hours so i am worried about the bill.
Also which torrent client can be used for configure it to auto download at a particular time.( If possible plzz post the link for getting the settings to configure the clients).

sagardani

Lost in LOST
Internet disconnects when phone rings :(

I've Home500 connection through parallel telephone line in my bedroom. I've plugged in ADSL cable and my phone cable on a splitter (i don't know what its called exactly) in 2 different sockets. I've got splitter bundled with router but I don't use it as I already have fixed one. You can see it in the attached photo. The brown cable is of my landline instrument and white one goes to my ADSL router.
But......... When phone rings, internet gets disconnected. When the receiver is picked up, the ADSL light on router starts blinking and disconnects. It again lights properly after few secs and connection starts. And when receiver is kept down, same happens.

Why is this so?? IS anything wrong in my parallel line? (see the attachment) WHats the solution for this?????

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

^^^^
this not the perfect way to arrange thing,
IMHO,
Code:
            To Phone line wiring==>Instrument
                         /
                        /
Phone line==>splitter==> 
                        \
                         \
                       Router==>LAN==>PC

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

My brother has decided to disconnect his BSNL connection after BSNL failed to correct the server downtime for over 1 month.
He's going for sify 256Kbps unlimited.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

hi guys,
will BSNL check my usage at the end of the month or by 15th of every month?:confused:

bijucool

Right off the assembly line
Frequent disconnects

Hi all,

I have been having frequent disconnects-reconnects with my BSNL BB connection.

Parameters as below:

Link Speed
Upstream : 508 Kbps
Downstream : 8187 - 8191 Kbps
S/NR
Upstream: 1.1 dB - 2.1 dB (is this the problem?)
Downstream: 13 dB - 18 dB
Attenuation
Upstream: 15.5 dB
Downstream: 37.5 dB

Sometimes it takes ages to reconnect. Logs contain repeated "PPP triggered start" messages.

The JE/JTO does not consider the SNR to be a problem. Will try to convince her. Meanwhile, cos I have concealed wiring BSNL tends to blame it on that. I am getting it changed to a direct line. Either my problem will get fixed or I will have better leverage with BSNL.

Meanwhile any inputs from fellow boarders on what I can check or do?

Thanks in advance,
Bijesh

jamesbond007

 MacManiac

I got my BSNL BB connection on Jan 5 th and till now I have not been able to check my usage stats. I 've logged on to www.data.bsnl.in, I click on a red link for broad band customer, I enter my portal id and pass. When I click on any of the options billed, unbilled , detailed and consolidated all I get it ' No usage records found'
I am on H250 plan. BTW how to identify our plan coz I've applied for converting to H500 plan.

praka123

left this forum longback

I replaced old Huawei MT880 modem for UTSTARCOM UT300R2U and i am looking for any update for firmware ?someone help?

lavan_joy

Journeyman

I got my BSNL BB connection on Jan 5 th and till now I have not been able to check my usage stats. I 've logged on to www.data.bsnl.in, I click on a red link for broad band customer, I enter my portal id and pass. When I click on any of the options billed, unbilled , detailed and consolidated all I get it ' No usage records found'
I am on H250 plan. BTW how to identify our plan coz I've applied for converting to H500 plan.

Go to *dataone.in and click check account usage

axxo

99.9% Idle

does changing my smartax mT800 modem will do any good to the speed?

din

Tribal Boy

@praka123

I do not know the technical reason, but my UTSTARCOM modem worked far better than Siemens. So from my experience, it will work perfect for you. Updates are mandatory ? Or you are experimenting ?

@sagardani
Never give connection like that. Gary is right, you should connect as in the figure he gave.

@jamesbond007
When I got my conn, I couldn't check usage for first few days. Not sure why, but may be a temp problem for new users ?

@bijucool
I think the SNR is very low in your case and that may affect your connection. But check with experts here. Also, did you check the connections, like whether there is any joint, anything wrong with line etc ?

praka123

left this forum longback

^Yes.UTSTARCOM is kinda OK for me,yeah i replaced my huawei mt880 modem which served me 2 years fine for the UTSTARCOM one for USB option/experimenting.also MT880 is available in UK and all,but just the badge,all chips are replaced.I am looking forward with UT300R2U for support and latest firmware(though this modem show line attn as 47dB :shock: ,although speeds are better than Huawei getting 225KB/s @ night) :p

Rockstar11

Technomancer

January is coming to an end! Where the hell are the 8Mbps plans and 2Mbps unlimited plans ??? :mad::mad: :(:(

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

I'm getting little impatient and frustrated. For Rs 1k I get this paltry 256k and 64k d/l & u/p speeds. IMO the minimum should be 512k.

Still waiting for a decent connection at a resonable amount.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

I'm getting little impatient and frustrated. For Rs 1k I get this paltry 256k and 64k d/l & u/p speeds. IMO the minimum should be 512k.

Still waiting for a decent connection at a resonable amount.
At present Home 500 is the best VFM plan

i think the speeds should increase in march/April only, as holi is comming.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

This is never ending cycle. First Diwali, nothing happens. Then Pongal, again nothing happens. Holi comes and goes without any cheer. At last Independence Day, yet no new plans. As wait patiently the year also goes by and we're back at square one.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

This is never ending cycle. First Diwali, nothing happens. Then Pongal, again nothing happens. Holi comes and goes without any cheer. At last Independence Day, yet no new plans. As wait patiently the year also goes by and we're back at square one.
you seemed pissed off:p

cheer up man!
atleast we all have a faster Home internet connection than most of INDIA;)
things do change, but in India they change slowly:(

I still miss, our previous Tel co minister Mr maran.

Top Bottom