** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

I think it is correct,
if u r confused :
256 kbps = 256 DIVIDE by 8 = 32 Kbps or kb/s :d

Dude, you're denoting it wrong in the first place... that's the problem....

It's 256Kbps = 32KBps and not Kbps. There is a difference between B and b

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

^ abhi toh nahi par umeed hai ki 1st January se speed increase hogi

praka123

left this forum longback

@gauri:do u experience any increase in speed?here in Kochi,speed is low!may be due to connections been given to every exchanges including rural ones!

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

Speeds will be increased, but not on Jan 1st as speculated by many. Now they are on the process of adding more connections.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

At times I do get a good speed
*www.speedtest.net/result/216826897.png
:)

ladykiller

Right off the assembly line

hey.. pls someone reply to my query also..... plsz plz................. its on the previous page...........:)

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume

hey.. pls someone reply to my query also..... plsz plz................. its on the previous page...........:)

It will be calculated on a pro rate basis, which means the plan will be divided by 30 and then multiplied by the no. of days you used it.

So, one plan will be muliplied by 27(if the plan changed on the 27th) and the second plan will be multiplied by 3.. then both added.. hope you get the point.

praka123

left this forum longback

here in Kerala,dataone speed sucks!is that what new year is bringing to us?

praka123

left this forum longback

in mvpa,speed is low.i also see workers digging to install OFC's a furlong away.may be that is a reason for slow down :?
anyway my speeds are not on the upper side these days :(

aravind787

Right off the assembly line

Yes, as it is 256 Kilo Bits Per second
256 KILO BITS PER SECOND = 256/8 Kilo Bytes
=32 kbps :grin:

Or you are saying that u are getting 32 Kilo bits per second :confused:

Hey,if you got no brains..Dont ****in answer some **** and confuse people ok you better pass out of you hogwarts school and then start using internet ok...hairy ass potter..your 256KB/s(commenting on your 256/8 KiloBytes = 32 kbps)how can 256 Kilobytes per sec be divided by 8 and result in something like 32kbps kilo bits per sec:evil: ...get your elementary education properly..:mad:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

@aravind
You yourself wrote that you are not getting speeds more than 35kbps (KILOBITS per SECOND) on a Home 900 (256 KILOBITS per SECOND plan).

You should have written 35 KB/s (KILOBYTES per SECOND) which we can't get as we can at the most get 32 KB/s on Home 900 UL.

Look here:
8bits = 1byte
256kbps means 256 Kilobits per second
So, 256kbps = 256/8 KB per second (KB/s) = 32 KB/s.

You are youself confused and Harry Potter is correct.

You wrote 35kbps (Kilobits per second) which is damn slow even slower than 56.6 kbps DIALUP. And the speed which you get in 35kbps in KILOBYTES is 35/8 = 4.375 KB/s (Kilobytes per second)

praka123

left this forum longback

harry potter said:
Yes, as it is 256 Kilo Bits Per second
256 KILO BITS PER SECOND = 256/8 Kilo Bytes
=32 kbps :grin:
what? :shock: how can someone derive 256kbps as 32kbps? and u ppl are thinking it is true :evil:
I hope harry meant 32KB/sec

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Harry isn't wrong. This guy aravind had posted that he is getting 35kbps on his 256kbps Home 900 UL connection. Aravind is himself wrong.

Now, let me come to the point------------------------------------------------
While I was posting the above post, I suddenly got disconnected and my Upstream SNR decreased from 31 dB to 12dB and the attainable upstream line rate from 1056 kbps to 364 kbps. And also the Downstream Line Attenuation increased from 36 to 46 and Upstream Line Attenuation from 20.5 to 31.5. I don't know why the signal loss (attenuation) has increased as it increases with the distance and I am at the same distance from the exchange.

Also the Downstream Output Power increased form 12.3 to 19.7 dBm. Output Power increases with the loops or the number of connections in and from the wire. So, as the Output Power increased, my Attainable Downstream Rate which was ready for 8mbps (It was 9120kbps) decreased to 5256kbps.

I think that Exchange Guys are tweaking with their instruments.

Top Bottom