** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Hmm sucks. When I moved out of Chennai, my parents changed to Home 250 and now I'll move it back to UL 900.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Guys, i m switching to Dataone Unlimited 900 plan in 3 days. Got the modem today which I will use with a LAN Card. What should I remembar & take precaution.

The cost is going to be Rs 900 + 108 (tax), this will give me free local calls (Dad is GM in BSNL :D)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

gx_saurav said:
Guys, i m switching to Dataone Unlimited 900 plan in 3 days. Got the modem today which I will use with a LAN Card. What should I remembar & take precaution.

The cost is going to be Rs 900 + 108 (tax), this will give me free local calls (Dad is GM in BSNL :D)
No precaution for now.just change the default password which you will get from BSNl.Even you dont change wont affect you much..as you have taken UL plan.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

ravi_9793 said:
No precaution for now.just change the default password which you will get from BSNl.Even you dont change wont affect you much..as you have taken UL plan.

*img406.imageshack.us/img406/4003/dsc00715pe5.jpg

Ok, this the modem i m going to use with a LAN card. No drivers require for any OS cos my LAN card works in Linux, Mac & Windows.

It has WiFi too....no problem in sharing internet with friends laptop either

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

hey mine plan got changed today from 900UL to Home 1000.

How will i be charged for it. Will they take previous 6 days of month as 900UL and remaining days as Home1000 or the whole thing will be counted as Home 1000.

I have downloaded 3.8 GB in previous 6 days (for which my plan was 900UL), will it be added to Home 1000 for my billing next month ??

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

@cyberboy_kerala plz try it bridge connection one time then u get the result

Originally Posted by Help~Is~Here the Dataone tests, everyone knows it's fake,
so where is i checked its original speed and wat is ur download speed and wat is the speed of D-link GLB-502T router modem provide

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE said:
so where is i checked its original speed and wat is ur download speed and wat is the speed of D-link GLB-502T router modem provide

I didn't get the first bit, but my speed is 1.7Mbps throughput

praka123

left this forum longback

gary4gar said:
so i need tp setup bridge mode
but it is a little complex than normal
[*]i have two routers: d-link 502t & tp-link wireless access point into which router should i set my id & password??
[*]also regarding crontab, is the order important?
[*]can set cron to automatically power up, just in case i do with windows??
[*]why you don't use wildcard, scared of ghost billing:p
ur connection is wireless.so i am not so expert reg networking.but u may be able to achieve this.if the router can be set in bridge mode & wireless access point ON.i am unaware of wireless concentrators.but i hope if u can link ur router and access point without any problem.then simply changing from ppp mode to bridge mode in router's configuration page helps.then configure using pppoeconf in ubuntu for bridge mode dial.be aware of what ur doing.
reg cron,ofcourse u can use wildcard (*) or @yearly monthly etc.reg automatic power up pc via cron may not be possible as system:eek: is switched off.but if system is idle u can use cron.also,may be possible to awake from hibernation(buggy/beta in Linux IIRC) in Linux.

Rockstar11

Technomancer

Hi, dataone users...
What is your maximum upload speed on dataone 2mbps ???

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

^^I can easily get sustained 45 KBps+ on torrents. MAX I can get 60KBps

topramen115

Broken In

hi,

Can anyone tell me how can I setup virtual server.. in utstar300r2u outer....

v_2dpodd

Right off the assembly line

I am BSNL Dataone Subscriber , 250/- plan since Jan '07 and have had a good experience so far till this happened .

Last month(August) while checking my usage record I found a total usage of 3.4 GB around the 15th of the month .. on further scrutiny of the usage records I found that a total traffic of [FONT=&quot]2999 MB happened between the 7th and 8th of August . To add to my horror the maximum traffic happened on the 8th of august during a continuous session of 11 hrs for near 2.5 GB traffic .. and that was the day I was unable to login to my account .... I kept getting a Chap authentication error ... username/password incorrect message.. for the 2 hrs I tried to login [/FONT][FONT=&quot] (I use a ADSL modem which I got from Airtel while I was in Gurgaon .. it is a USB modem .)[/FONT][FONT=&quot].... Then I went to my friends place and used the same username password in the dataone usage portal and it worked fine thier .. I took it to be a server error ...and went to work ...and the next day i.e the 9th Aug .. I was again able to login and things were working fine .... Its only around the 15th maybe when I noticed this and I tried to lodge a complaint..but no body picked the phone ...then I got connected to the IVR broadband menu and raised a docket ...

Finally I called the 1800 number and found a lady ..who seemed very concerned ..and said it is a possible theft and asked me to contact the AOTR office and gave me a number ..and to call it specifally after 11 .. i did so and was told that the number belonged to AOTR in 2003 and was asked to contact the DE .. Called that number.. related my entire problem ... was finally asked to somebody else ..who wud fix the problem ..and finally I was asked to meet the DE of my exchange (Dum Dum , Kolkata) .....(I did get a few calls in the mean while to ask if my telephone was working fine ...don't knw why .. I never complained for my telephone.. its been working fine.)

I wrote an application detailing everything , including a printout of my usage data and detailing the dispute .. took a day off (u don't expect to find them on Sat/Sun) ...and went to meet the DE ... had to climb 4th floor by stairs .. open my shoes.. went into the air conditioned room with a couple of PC's ..crossed that and open another room with 3 people answering the phone ..

I explained my problem to one of them .. who took me along to one of the PCs and opened my account with my telephone number ... and it had the minimal info .. thats my location and plan and the time I have been using the connection . I was asked to wait for the SDE ... so I waited and then again explained the entire thing to the SDE ....
he gave a paitient listening .. went into the PC room a couple of times .. and then finally said it is not possible .. he said "We have enabled Port Binding " on ur line since Feb 07 and it is not possible to use ur account name /password for connection in any other place ..except my telephone ...

I tried to explain that , i know thats the way ADSL is meant to work .... I even suggested he can check the server logs against my username and check the MAC address accessing the internet ... .... he had no answers ..and finally asked me to submit an application with the customer care detailing my dispute .. i did so .. got another copy of the same stamped .. and waited ..no response so far ..

I recieved this months bill for 3441/- which includes a broadband usage of 2600/- + and add to that a 300 /- service tax ... i really don't know what to do ...

"Thanx to those who have gone through the entire story ... " .... I need ur help ...

I would like some insight into what options I have to get my point across to BSNL .. where to head next ... where to go to resolve the issue ...

your suggestions wud help me immensely ....

[/FONT]

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

v_2dpodd said:
I am BSNL Dataone Subscriber , 250/- plan since Jan '07 and have had a good experience so far till this happened .

Last month(August) while checking my usage record I found a total usage of 3.4 GB around the 15th of the month .. on further scrutiny of the usage records I found that a total traffic of [FONT=&quot]2999 MB happened between the 7th and 8th of August . To add to my horror the maximum traffic happened on the 8th of august during a continuous session of 11 hrs for near 2.5 GB traffic .. and that was the day I was unable to login to my account .... I kept getting a Chap authentication error ... username/password incorrect message.. for the 2 hrs I tried to login [/FONT][FONT=&quot] (I use a ADSL modem which I got from Airtel while I was in Gurgaon .. it is a USB modem .)[/FONT][FONT=&quot].... Then I went to my friends place and used the same username password in the dataone usage portal and it worked fine thier .. I took it to be a server error ...and went to work ...and the next day i.e the 9th Aug .. I was again able to login and things were working fine .... Its only around the 15th maybe when I noticed this and I tried to lodge a complaint..but no body picked the phone ...then I got connected to the IVR broadband menu and raised a docket ...

Finally I called the 1800 number and found a lady ..who seemed very concerned ..and said it is a possible theft and asked me to contact the AOTR office and gave me a number ..and to call it specifally after 11 .. i did so and was told that the number belonged to AOTR in 2003 and was asked to contact the DE .. Called that number.. related my entire problem ... was finally asked to somebody else ..who wud fix the problem ..and finally I was asked to meet the DE of my exchange (Dum Dum , Kolkata) .....(I did get a few calls in the mean while to ask if my telephone was working fine ...don't knw why .. I never complained for my telephone.. its been working fine.)

I wrote an application detailing everything , including a printout of my usage data and detailing the dispute .. took a day off (u don't expect to find them on Sat/Sun) ...and went to meet the DE ... had to climb 4th floor by stairs .. open my shoes.. went into the air conditioned room with a couple of PC's ..crossed that and open another room with 3 people answering the phone ..

I explained my problem to one of them .. who took me along to one of the PCs and opened my account with my telephone number ... and it had the minimal info .. thats my location and plan and the time I have been using the connection . I was asked to wait for the SDE ... so I waited and then again explained the entire thing to the SDE ....
he gave a paitient listening .. went into the PC room a couple of times .. and then finally said it is not possible .. he said "We have enabled Port Binding " on ur line since Feb 07 and it is not possible to use ur account name /password for connection in any other place ..except my telephone ...

I tried to explain that , i know thats the way ADSL is meant to work .... I even suggested he can check the server logs against my username and check the MAC address accessing the internet ... .... he had no answers ..and finally asked me to submit an application with the customer care detailing my dispute .. i did so .. got another copy of the same stamped .. and waited ..no response so far ..

I recieved this months bill for 3441/- which includes a broadband usage of 2600/- + and add to that a 300 /- service tax ... i really don't know what to do ...

"Thanx to those who have gone through the entire story ... " .... I need ur help ...

I would like some insight into what options I have to get my point across to BSNL .. where to head next ... where to go to resolve the issue ...

your suggestions wud help me immensely ....

[/FONT]

Try his method
he claims that it works for him
also he from your city
You can also contact him
do keep us updated on topic

hmvrulz

Broken In

Quidway Wa1003A Huawei

can some provide me the usb drivers for this modem for Vista... i am not able to use the driver provided by the cd

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

hmvrulz said:
Quidway Wa1003A Huawei

can some provide me the usb drivers for this modem for Vista... i am not able to use the driver provided by the cd
best place to search latest driver is manufacture's website

batta420

Right off the assembly line

i currently have bsnl broadband 250 plan where i get a 1gb limit..... i need a software that monitors the bandwidth usage and disconnects the internet connection when a desired limit is reached.... does anyone know a software of that kind??? help me please......

jayesh_diu123 said:
Hi, dataone users...
What is your maximum upload speed on dataone 2mbps ???

Max upload for home packages are 864Kpbs or 108KBps. You should ideally be able to get a minimum of 40~50KBps at any time.

praka123

left this forum longback

i am getting a max upload speed of 70KB/sec.i hope it be 7000KB/sec,am generous and wont mind seeding through the whole night(now after dataone,night mean 2-8AM :ghee: )
Honeybee Chalooo hogaya ab control nahi Ho raha humko-to alvida bacche lo0g for now.

kickaayithudangi makkale,njaan arthaprananilanu,ente oru suhruth enne ee paruvathilakki-changanasserykkar Murdabad(no offense!)

Nannu prayanadalli swalpa madya ....
Maamms,,,naan konjam thanni jaasti aayidch..atunale...vaandi?Illa...padukkappore..
so best of Lux all ya guys for 2morrow...brrrrrrrrrr!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

praka123 said:
i am getting a max upload speed of 70KB/sec.i hope it be 7000KB/sec,am generous and wont mind seeding through the whole night(now after dataone,night mean 2-8AM :ghee: )
Honeybee Chalooo hogaya ab control nahi Ho raha humko-to alvida bacche lo0g for now.

kickaayithudangi makkale,njaan arthaprananilanu,ente oru suhruth enne ee paruvathilakki-changanasserykkar Murdabad(no offense!)

Nannu prayanadalli swalpa madya ....
Maamms,,,naan konjam thanni jaasti aayidch..atunale...vaandi?Illa...padukkappore..
so best of Lux all ya guys for 2morrow...brrrrrrrrrr!
hmmm..
what you meant??(language problem here, please use English)

Top Bottom