** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

aditya_1988

Right off the assembly line
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Hi, everyone.
I'm a complete newbie in this broadband era.
I just got BSNL Home-900 unlimited plan(256 Kbps). The guys came, installed the modem and the net is running very well. (dwnld speed abt 42 kbps)
What I wanted to know is this:
Q.1. How do I know the speed of my internet connection?
On ZDnet India, it shows 46 something kbps(How's that?)

Q.2. How do I login to my account? I didn't get a user id or password from BSNL? (weird)

Plz reply soon

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz

Thanks for the help!

There is a connection gone to my old phone from the wire coming from the pole and then it had gone into the walljack. I' tried removing that wire from the old phone but it didn't work.

And I'll try to get the wire mentioned by "gary4gar".

Thanks once again!

PinKLip

Broken In

The Incredible said:
Thanks for the help!

There is a connection gone to my old phone from the wire coming from the pole and then it had gone into the walljack. I' tried removing that wire from the old phone but it didn't work.

And I'll try to get the wire mentioned by "gary4gar".

Thanks once again!
IF you are using splitter( i cannot figure out what you mean by walljack), look closely in the splitter, on one side "LINE" is written in the splitter, your phone line should be attached here(may be your line from walljack), on the other side "MODEM" and "PHONE" is written, ADSL modem should be attached to where "MODEM" is written, phone line is to be on where "PHONE" is written.
I am using SmartAX 882. This was happened to me. Try it.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz

PinKLip said:
( i cannot figure out what you mean by walljack)

After the wire coms from the pole, it needs to be attatched to a walljack which is usually like a cuboid then another wire is attatched at the other end of the walljack so that it cud b inserted in the phone. Unless the wire is attatched to a walljack it can't b inserted in phone.

unni

In the zone

Hi,
I am planning to get DataOne broadband. I have gone through the first 14 and last 10 pages of this thread. I have the following doubts.
1. I am planning to get the UL900 plan for the first month and then change to Home250. So, if I get the connection on June 25th, how will I be charged?
2. What is this charging on pro-rate basis?
3. Which one is more advantageous- connecting the modem through USB or a LAN card?
Please reply.

PinKLip

Broken In

@unni
. I am planning to get the UL900 plan for the first month and then change to Home250
Why??????
they will charge you One month advance in UL900.If you want to get H250 then go for h250, it seems you need UL only for few days, to D/L something huge?
Anyway, let me tell you best is go for H500 NU (2am-8am)
H250 is totally useless.
What is this charging on pro-rate basis?
Means you will charge daily according to your plan, so if you get connection on jun25th you will charge from jun25th to 30th jun, then again new calculation from 1st july.
3. Which one is more advantageous- connecting the modem through USB or a LAN card?
LAN card
regards
PinKLip

unni

In the zone

@PinKLip
it seems you need UL only for few days, to D/L something huge?

Actually, I don't want to burden my dad's pockets. I want to download as much as possible in one month. But looks like I don't even have that luck. I went to the exchange today. The form that was given to me had options for selecting plans that were introduced before the unlimited plan. But the lady there told me that UL900 plan wasn't available in our exchange as it supported only 32 slabs, or something like that. I hope she said that just to get rid of me because I asked too many questions.

naveen224

hi,
i am from hyderabad, am subscribing BSNL Broadband, there is shortage of modems (TYPE I), so i decided buy modem myself and then take connection,
so i want to know what are companies, models and prices(if you know) available in the market
bye
naawin

vs_sriram

3D Artist

hi,
I'm from Hyderabad too,I've applied for the UL 900 offer today and as there was shortage of modems,I took the option of buying a modem myself..

I took a D-Link ADSL Router [DSL-502T] ,it cost me 1700 Rs and the guy told me that it works with BSNL Dataone...

Can anyone please confirm that this D-Link Router works ?

Thank you

PinKLip

Broken In

Please see this forum--
*www.vinuthomas.com/Forums.html
Worth to visit
(Posted before by me)
You will get almost every thing

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

Hello, is there a problem with dataone portal 10.240.43.216 and 10.240.89.199? It is not showing my usage from yesterday night till now. This also includes night unlimited usage.

joey_enigma

hey guys ,
i am really in a confusing situation , I am a dataone user since September.....all was going fine since March.Since March my dataone usage has been : -
March : 1011 MB
April : 1200 MB
May : 1290 MB
And i am on Start-up plan Rs.250 , but for all the above months BSNL only charged me the basic Rs.250 rent and they haven't charged me for the excess usage over 400 Mb for any of the months.I know i should be happy for this.....but ethically i think it's wrong and moreover since many of the guys are suffering from over-billing problem.
Also i can understand that BSNL does not reconcile their records in the same month....but this has been going on for 3 months now.
And i am more worried that one fine day.....BSNL is going to charge me for the excess usage together in one single month with a HUGE bill ......and in that case my DAD will freak out!!
So what should i do now??Should i take up this with BSNL authorities or should i just let it go in the hope that BSNL will overlook their error and not charge me.
Please guys , help me out!!

Take Care,
joey_enigma

Last edited:

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz

Same here!! I even hv not yet have to pay the modem Bills..infact I'm using dataone since December [2 free months , so effectively from february] . I did not receive a single DataOne Bill...And I'm worried too becoz of the same reason as stated by "joey_enigma"..What to do ?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

^^^
he guys just jope that bsnl forgests u. don't ever to bsnl to show ur honesty.try aranging the appox amt & keep it secure.any time BSNL gives the bill pay.else its ur good luck

PinKLip

Broken In

Thor said:
Same here!! I even hv not yet have to pay the modem Bills..infact I'm using dataone since December [2 free months , so effectively from february] . I did not receive a single DataOne Bill...And I'm worried too becoz of the same reason as stated by "joey_enigma"..What to do ?
Contact BSNL. Be ready for a Big Bill If you have excess D/L crossing your 410mbs limits.
That is sure.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

digitized said:
Hello, is there a problem with dataone portal 10.240.43.216 and 10.240.89.199? It is not showing my usage from yesterday night till now. This also includes night unlimited usage.

Hey, I still cannot access the service records for last saturday night and sunday (24th and 25th june). Can someone who has a similar problem have any solutions? My username got created on saturday itself. Although the portal shows records upto saturday afternoon, there is no signs of records as mentioned above. Does the username creation date have anything to do with this?

Secondly, the portal shows my current service plan as 'startup-plan speed 256kbps'. I got home 500 (that was confirmed by local exchange records). Is this correctly shown?

Last edited:

hard_rock

Salieri Family

Hi Digitized, Me too getting the same problem from 25th. My usage record isnt updated from yesterday.
When I got the Home 500 Plan after taking 2-3 rounds to BSNL office, it showed me that Start-Up Plan Speed 256Kbps. So I argued with the JTOs (Junior Telecom Officers) that I have applied for Home 500 Plan but its showing Start-up plan when they configured it. But they are so brilliant that they said whatever BSNL AUTOMATED PORTAL shows is wrong n only what they say is right (Even after showing the BSNL Tariff page on net). Next day I called up again and told the problem to BSNL (Not to these JTOs) and they rectified the problem in 2 hrs and BSNL Portal showed Home 500 Plan Speed 256kbps.. So dont listen to them.. Call again and dont leave it untill u get it as "Home 500 Plan" otherwise u will get HUGE BILLS( If u believe those BSNL guyz).

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

Hey the people at 18004241600 told me that indeed home 500 is shown in their system against my username in spite of the portal showing as mentioned above. Please help. Should I start using night unlimited and download stuff? Or should I wait?

hard_rock

Salieri Family

Hey the people at 18004241600 told me that indeed home 500 is shown in their system against my username in spite of the portal showing as mentioned above. Please help. Should I start using night unlimited and download stuff? Or should I wait?
Ya for some of my friends it shows "Speed 256kbps" only. But not a different plan name atleast... That's why I enquired and got it corrected. Think about it... Otherwise you will get HUGE BILLS if plan is still Start-Up. Be sure that atleast it doesnt show Start-Up plan in the BSNL website.

Top Bottom