** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Re: **Post All BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

blackleopard92 said:
I want to get some things straight.

1: Do you actually sleep after 0000 hrs and wake before 0800 hrs?Isn't there some way of automating the process?

2.Do they consider upload as data-to-be billed?

3.I have found that lag on MTNL is too much for Broadband.Specially for FPS?
Is it a genreal trend?

4.What is that small box (labled ADLS inline filter) function?I operate it without any problems, although there is a lot of interference if you use phone simultaneously.

Also you can change your plans.Just send a written application to local snachar Hut for change of plan.

1. refer to *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26732

2. yes

3. i don't uderstood ur question.pls express clearly ! !

4. "ADLS inline filter" is used to split the telephone line for simultaneous use of phone and Broabband.also u normally should not have any problems,check for loose connection with wires or contact bsnl ppl(HOPE they help)
sarkari log

5.yes as simple as that ! !.

jack// ani

In the zone

hey guys....bsnl unlimilted plan is finally introduced *www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=296

cheers!!

go4saket

That great news...So its time to forget about bandwidth issue...

Last edited:

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz

Hi I am using home 500 plan,Now when i log in to the dataone portal site to c the account.Then it shows the total data tranfers.But I had used many transfers in free hours also.So does the portal site shows all the data transfers or it shows only the data(excluding free hours).Please clarify this.The actual data transfer it shows is around .358GB(sent+received).But using shaplus when i exclude the free hour it shows me .108GB(sent+received).

Last edited:

runeet

Broken In

Hey I wanted to ask, i had discontinued my bsnl serveice but had not handed over the modem coz i had bought it from them, so if i have to restart the service, can u guys plz tell me what i must do, like fill an apllication all over again or what????

go4saket

Obviously, just fill up their online application. What you can also do is call them, they have a special number for BB booking, and get yourself registered.

BTW, is there anyone who is facing problems in logging on to their account details in the Dataone website. I am just not able to log in since the last fifteen days. Everytime I try to log in, it gives an error saying "Login Failed, Your Account Is Not Validated". Therefore I am using a software called Shaplus to get the details of my account.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz

Indyan said:
It shows the total transfer.
~ ~
data transfer in non free time+free time.Then how could I know whether the data transfer has crossed 1 GB limit or not(excluding free time usage) as per the plan above which I would be charged.

abhinavrakesh

Broken In

{Attention all Dataone Users}

Take Very Good Care of Your Username And Password, There is a Problem With Dataone anyone with any other Username and Password can Use the Internet and Can Upload And Download so that the usage might increase of that user.

Anyone can log in to dataone internet service with some other existing username and password.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz

So I would be charged only if the download+upload exceeds 1GB excluding what ever amount i download in freetime usage hour.So I have to use shaplus for viewing my whether I have crossed 1GB limit or not by clicking on Exclude frre time uasage.

go4saket

Is there anyone who is facing problems in logging on to their account details in the Dataone website. I am just not able to log in since the last fifteen days. Everytime I try to log in, it gives an error saying "Login Failed, Your Account Is Not Validated". Therefore I am using a software called Shaplus to get the details of my account.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz

Is there any download limit (in data transfer) in the free time hour except the time limit.Whatever amount i download in the free time would it be added in the limit of 1GB data transfer( Home 500)?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

shyamno said:
Is there any download limit (in data transfer) in the free time hour except the time limit.Whatever amount i download in the free time would it be added in the limit of 1GB data transfer( Home 500)?

u will not be charged for any data tranfers during free hours.
there no download limit in free hrs:):):)

Vishal_@_forums

Right off the assembly line

gary4gar said:
u will not be charged for any data tranfers during free hours.
there no download limit in free hrs:):):)
gary4gar, I used to believe the same, however, now I am not so sure. Please read the letter of this month in May 2006's Digit (page 151) The letter is by a user who was wrongfully charged for downloads done during the night hours.

He has said, and I quote:
"Say I log in at 0000 Monday, and log out at 0000 Tuesday. I schedule my downloads for six hours between 0200 and 0800 Monday. I downloaded 240 MB in the six hours. BSNL says only 240/24 * 6 = 60 MB is free, and they CHARGE SUBSCRIBERS for 180 MB."

This is really concerning. Does anyone has more details about this?

Thanks,

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz

Vishal_@_forums said:
gary4gar, I used to believe the same, however, now I am not so sure. Please read the letter of this month in May 2006's Digit (page 151) The letter is by a user who was wrongfully charged for downloads done during the night hours.

He has said, and I quote:
"Say I log in at 0000 Monday, and log out at 0000 Tuesday. I schedule my downloads for six hours between 0200 and 0800 Monday. I downloaded 240 MB in the six hours. BSNL says only 240/24 * 6 = 60 MB is free, and they CHARGE SUBSCRIBERS for 180 MB."

This is really concerning. Does anyone has more details about this?

Thanks,

please give any more help because I had downloaded over 500 MB in 3 days otherwise i will be in deep trouble.Please help me.Any senior member who is using or used Home 500 can clarify it better than any one.

jack// ani

In the zone

hey guys....finally bsnl ppl updated their tariff webpage, Home UL900 included now, rest remains the same.......

*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

prasad_den

Padawan

jack// ani said:
hey guys....finally bsnl ppl updated their tariff webpage, Home UL900 included now, rest remains the same.......

*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm
Still any idea regarding MCU...???

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz

shyamno said:
please give any more help because I had downloaded over 500 MB in 3 days otherwise i will be in deep trouble.Please help me.Any senior member who is using or used Home 500 can clarify it better than any one.

The example suggested before is nothing but a case of mishap by the BSNL guys. It does happen sometimes( though it shouldn't). You cant expect everything to be perfect.

In such a case, you can always reprimand a re-check of your billing & your usage status by complaining to the BSNL guys.
In my entire 4 months usage, i havent experienced anything like this, even though i download 500 MB everyday during the Happy Hours.

So, just keep cool and enjoy whatever little facilities these Dataone guys can provide.

Savvy:!:

amrit1

Are we there yet?

Please help me guys,
I have a bsnl broadband Connection But The modem restarts after 10-15 min.
I called the person from whom i got this connection but he is saying that the problem is in my network card.
i have installed the latest drivers of it but no avail.

Please help me. Wats the problem.
the problem is in my OS or in network card????????

Top Bottom