** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Yeah guys, the speeds are really slow.. today in 5 hours, I could transfer 350 mb down and 100mb up only..
Even the browsing speeds are slow now.. Google is taking 30-40 secs to open!!

I am thinking of switching over to Airtel, 1gb is not going to be enough for me, now my brother also using the connection..

kato

Karthiksn
Hey Grudge i didnt find any slow speeds today i guess some problem in some line in your area this happens quite frequently

mr_356

Broken In
ankurgupta.me said:
Yes i also wanted 2 know tht but the problem is tht shuting down the pc is not the ulimate goal.wen the pc shuts down lan does get disconnected but u r still connected to ur isp as the router is still working and thus u r still online :!: i have checked this.thus even if ur pc shuts down n if ur router is on even after 8 am ur nite MB get counted in ur day usage :shock: so can plz anyone tell me a soln to this problem such as can my router(9V) draw power from my cpu via a USB port (using some kind of attachment) or via a serial port or some other way but it has 2 be from the cpu itself so wen the pc shuts down router is also switched off :wink:

Are you sure?
So it means i have to wake up(if i m in sleep!!!)to turn of the modem.
I dont understand the mix hours.
are they count mix hours in unlimited or in regular download.(i hav Home 500 plan).

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
No, i dont think so.
I checked my usage in Shaplus, which including mixed usage was 1.8 GB & excluding it was 600MB and i was charged just the 500 bucks for my 500Home plan.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Lol.. today in 5 hrs 50 mins, I could download only 275mb!!! As it is, we have only 6hrs a day and now the connection is as good as it used to be, I am frustrated, it's matter of time till I switch to Airtel.

pop143

Journeyman
hi buddies

I AM USING HOMEPLAN500.... BUT I AM CHARGED..FOR 2AM-8AM..
FREE HOURS NOT WORKING FOR ME... :shock:
DO ANYBODY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM..?
ANYBODY KNOW..Y IS THIS BCOZ..????
PLZ REPLY./..!!! :!:

-POP

naveenchandran

In the zone
Re: hi buddies

pop143 said:
I AM USING HOMEPLAN500.... BUT I AM CHARGED..FOR 2AM-8AM..
FREE HOURS NOT WORKING FOR ME... :shock:
DO ANYBODY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM..?
ANYBODY KNOW..Y IS THIS BCOZ..????
PLZ REPLY./..!!! :!:

-POP

hmm... How do u know u were charged for that...

If u see at BSNL Usage data it might be included but you will not be charged :|

go4saket

drgrudge said:
Lol.. today in 5 hrs 50 mins, I could download only 275mb!!! As it is, we have only 6hrs a day and now the connection is as good as it used to be, I am frustrated, it's matter of time till I switch to Airtel.

Hey, what do you mean by only 6 Hrs. a day... I guess it is always on if you wish to...

naveenchandran

In the zone
go4saket said:
drgrudge said:

Hey, what do you mean by only 6 Hrs. a day... I guess it is always on if you wish to...

He meant that 6 Hrs as the Night Free Usage.. 2:00 AM to 8:00 AM..

elumalai

Broken In
here dataone, is not working in happy hours..the router cum modem reboots for every 2 or 3 secs..can't even d/l 1mb stuff correctly :-(:-(

it works for 2mins. and goes dead for another 5 mins. what is going on there in bsnl...i donno..

for posting this message..i tried 7 to 8 times..and all the time the link is down..

elumalai

Broken In
afraid whether my system is hacked

hi,
whenever I switch on the modem..it works normally for some 5mins. and then it stops and again reboots. then it runs normally again only for some mins. and then connection goes down..
any one know what is the problem..

pop143

Journeyman
.if i use my free hours///2am -8am...
its included in the usage hours....ya....
but if i am not charged for that..then its k..happy..!
thanks
bye
-pop

go4saket

yrana2002 said:
It provides u a differentiation facility of viewing ur usage without the free & mixed usage periods, which of course is counted as ur real usage.
Well, it is absolutely safe to use it. You may config your firewall to ensure that it doesn't pass on the information to somewhere else.
I think the non-password section is of no use as it means going on to the bsnl site & logging in & stuff like that. :lol:

Well, I am usinf ZoneAlarm as a firewall. Now if I want to use ShaPlus, how do I configure my firewall so that the password cannot be passed to anywhere else except to login to the Dataone website.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, I am usinf ZoneAlarm as a firewall. Now if I want to use ShaPlus, how do I configure my firewall so that the password cannot be passed to anywhere else except to login to the Dataone website.

Well, i dont know about Zone alarm, here's how to do it using Windows Firewall:

1. Open Security Center and choose Firewall options ( you may go there by right clicking your connectoin & choosing Change Firewall settings:
2. In the Exceptions tab, click Add program & add dataone bandwidth from shaplus.
3. Now, click on that entry, choose edit...
4. Click "Change scope".
5. Select Custom List and add the dataone url:
Note: For this to work, ensure that you have Exceptions as enabled. You can enable it in the General Tab.

me_chirag

Broken In
Can i use anyone's user id of Dataone to access in happy hrs

Can i use anyone's user id of Dataone to access in happy hrs (2am-8am)
So anyone who wana share his id just for night surfing in happy hrs. can mail me ....... netlover44@rediffmail.com

Top Bottom