** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
I am also a Home Plan 250 since the beginning of december, it was taken during the free trial offer. There is nothing like unlimited downloads and data transfer. The unlimited data transfer from 2M to 8AM is only applicable from plan 500 onwards. I have confirmed this from the customer service (16004241600) and also from their website.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
digitized said:
I am also a Home Plan 250 since the beginning of december, it was taken during the free trial offer. There is nothing like unlimited downloads and data transfer. The unlimited data transfer from 2M to 8AM is only applicable from plan 500 onwards. I have confirmed this from the customer service (16004241600) and also from their website.

But then, why in the case of service records for a Plan 250 user, the first column mentions "excluding night unlimited"?

V.Prem Kumar

praka123

left this forum longback
I've got some problems with Dataone for the first time got very slow connection speed,frequent disconnection... :evil: i complained on bsnl number and they said some marammat works on roads going on so the problem as cables...
Anyway yesterday onwards Connection is rocking again :D :D

janitha

Wise Old Owl
prakash kerala said:
I've got some problems with Dataone for the first time got very slow connection speed,frequent disconnection... :evil: i complained on bsnl number and they said some marammat works on roads going on so the problem as cables...
Anyway yesterday onwards Connection is rocking again :D :D

I was also having the similar problems and when I dialled the local dataone no., I was asked whether I was having problem getting connected and told me they are also facing similar problems and hope that it will get solved!(':roll:')

Anyways from yesterday it is alright.

V.Prem Kumar

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hello All...

Wishing you all a Successful & Prosperous New Year...

Can anyone help me out with this problem of mine...I want to configure my dataone e-mail id to work with outlook express.....Can anyone tell me what I have to enter in the "Incoming & Outgoing Server" field while configuring? re there any other details which I have to look out foor?

Looking forward to replies...

HK

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Incoming server (POP3): nmma.sancharnet.in
Outgoing server (SMTP): nmra.sancharnet.in

Please see this page:

*www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/bb016.html

This configuration is same throughout India. Other details of configuration can be found out at the above page.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
digitized said:
Incoming server (POP3): nmma.sancharnet.in
Outgoing server (SMTP): nmra.sancharnet.in

Please see this page:

*www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/bb016.html

This configuration is same throughout India. Other details of configuration can be found out at the above page.
I think this is not correct. I configured my Outlook express in Dataone as described in the Dataone User Manual and it is working perfectly.

Incoming server (POP3): smma.sancharnet.in
Outgoing server (SMTP): smra.sancharnet.in

Please correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty much sure.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hey folks using the shaplus thingy: are u able to view the january 2006's usage? me can't! has the admin site url of bsnl's page changed?

go4saket

the page hasn't changed. I have two ID's and i am able to see the details of one while unable to check the details of the second one...

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hello All....

I configured my Outlook Express using the tips given by digitized & janitha.....Thanx a lot both of you...

I had to use "smma..." instead of "nmma..."....

Now one problem which I have encountered is that whenever I open or close Outlook Express my main broadband connection gets disconnected.....So I have to connect every time after either opening or closing my Outlook Express....

Can anyone let me know why this is happening???

Looking for replies...

TiA

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
hi guys , since 31st night Dataone is not working for me . It connects but i do not get any speed . Have anyone of you experiancing the same problem .

Tech&ME

Banned
Urgent help needed

Which modem interface is good for BSNL Broadband connention.

That is, Should I take the Ethernet modem or the USB modem from BSNL ?

Please advice me as fast as you can going to apply for it tomorrow.

Tech&ME

Banned
desertwind said:
Ethernet, if u want a hassle free, driverless one. But u'll need an extra NIC for that.

Actually I want to know this because I am concerned about the SPEED of the connection between my PC and the modem.

A normal Hi-Speed USB 2.0 gives a connection speed of 480 mbps

and

Intel PRO 100 VE Network Connection (Ethernet)---- 100 mbps

So, which one is better. Please advice me.

My Computer configuration is as follows:

Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz (HT enabled)
Intel D915GAV mobo
Intel Ethernet Port (PRO/100 VE onboard)
Intel USB 2.0 Hi Speed Port available onboard
512 MB Kingstone DDR RAM
Seagate 80 GB HDD
CD/DVD Rom drive
Keyboard/Mice

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
No use even if u have a 10 mbps capable LAN card. The max speed of a BSNL BB is 1 Mbps for Home and 2 Mbps for Business, ie 128 KBps and 256 KBps respectively. So you dont have to worry about speeds.

And i dont know about any commentable difference in speed between lan version and usb version. I haven't used usb till now. But i've got many complaints from my friends and our fellow forum members regarding driver problem of usb modem.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Guys, what is the new version of the ShaPlus software? The site still shows the old version and we can't use it as the BSNL site has undergone change (I dint notice any!)
Also where is the thing for excluding the free usage?

Top Bottom