** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

go4saket

drgrudge said:
Guys, what is the new version of the ShaPlus software? The site still shows the old version and we can't use it as the BSNL site has undergone change (I dint notice any!)
Also where is the thing for excluding the free usage?

What is this ShaPlus software? Is it something related to BSNL Broad Band and if yes, what is the use of it?

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Here's the link.
*www.shaplus.com/exes/misc/DataOne-Bandwidth 2.2.zip

You wont find any referances to the dataone page from the shaplus homepage. Here it is
*www.shaplus.com/dataone/

go4saket

Hey guys, no one told be about ShaPlus software and its use. I still have downloaded it and it seems like it calculates your total bandwidth., but the same can also be checked from the Dataone website. So what is the use of this particular software. What extra facility does this software has.

Moreover, this software has a section called Password Version and another called Non-Password section. Now, is it safe to use the password section.

I tried the non-password section of this software as per the instructions, but every time I press the check bandwidth usage button, it checks all the log files but giver an error saying "Type Mismatch" after that and a blank report is displayed. Why so?

shariq_pj

Broken In
Hi guys,

I have been using this Broadband Connection for the past three months andd every month I'm receiving a bill of 1050... Plan Charges: Rs.550/-... UUsage Charges Rs.500/-...

I checked out my usage and it was well within the 1 GB limit... Is that correct...?

kato

Karthiksn
@shariq_pj
Dude the bill u get for Braodband is the same in the telephone bill now r u sure u did not mix up ur telephone usage and broadband usage

@go4saket
Dude i dunno if u can calculate the total Bandwidhth usage excluding night time and overlapping times on the site now (as i havent check the site for quite some time). But earlier we cudnt calculate anything on the site so for that reason everyone used the software also i aint sure about the non-password version also i dont think there is any problrm with password version

shariq_pj

Broken In
kato said:
It can happen dat the part you r hving software created bad sector can loose its capability of storing data and can become parmanent bad sector and not as a physical damage. You also shud understand, utimately its the flow of electrons that decides evrything. So electromagnetic damage with a software can be a parmanent damage like a physical damage...

Hey man... I'm not messin up with the phone bill... It's given seperately as broadband charges in the left column in the tel bill dude...

kato

Karthiksn
So a simple solution is call them up ask them why have u been charged extra as sometimes its their mistake too. Once i got 1k extra bill and had to call them up to ask it then they realised the mistake was there in billing

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
shariq_pj said:
kato said:
It can happen dat the part you r hving software created bad sector can loose its capability of storing data and can become parmanent bad sector and not as a physical damage. You also shud understand, utimately its the flow of electrons that decides evrything. So electromagnetic damage with a software can be a parmanent damage like a physical damage...

Hey man... I'm not messin up with the phone bill... It's given seperately as broadband charges in the left column in the tel bill dude...

Chk what have u quoted , i think there is some mistake :wink:

kato

Karthiksn
Hey tarey g i also didnt see that wat he has quoted was not at all wat i wrote i just saw that he quoted me so replied to his query

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
go4saket said:
Hey guys, no one told be about ShaPlus software and its use. I still have downloaded it and it seems like it calculates your total bandwidth., but the same can also be checked from the Dataone website. So what is the use of this particular software. What extra facility does this software has.

Moreover, this software has a section called Password Version and another called Non-Password section. Now, is it safe to use the password section.

I tried the non-password section of this software as per the instructions, but every time I press the check bandwidth usage button, it checks all the log files but giver an error saying "Type Mismatch" after that and a blank report is displayed. Why so?

It provides u a differentiation facility of viewing ur usage without the free & mixed usage periods, which of course is counted as ur real usage.
Well, it is absolutely safe to use it. You may config your firewall to ensure that it doesn't pass on the information to somewhere else.
I think the non-password section is of no use as it means going on to the bsnl site & logging in & stuff like that. :lol:

geekgod

Journeyman
hey guys..can u tell me of an software which can automatically disconnect me from the net at a specified time?
lets say i have dstarted a large download with DAP and go to sleep..and the download does not complete before 8 AM..in that case, the option of "disconnect automatically on download completion" will not work. so how do i ensure that my pc does not stay connected after 8 AM?
thnx..

Impulser

Right off the assembly line
Auto Disconnect

Hey guys,,

Use AutoShutdown Tool for automatic shutdown of PC at specified time .. I'm using it ,, and its wonderful...

Another thing guys,, The dataone page before jan showed that the user is offline when connected between 2-8 am but from this jan its showing as online even when u r in free time(2-8 am) so they have bloocked that free hours or something else..

Plz confirm and post me .... Thnx

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
geekgod said:
hey guys..can u tell me of an software which can automatically disconnect me from the net at a specified time?
lets say i have dstarted a large download with DAP and go to sleep..and the download does not complete before 8 AM..in that case, the option of "disconnect automatically on download completion" will not work. so how do i ensure that my pc does not stay connected after 8 AM?
thnx..

Yes i also wanted 2 know tht but the problem is tht shuting down the pc is not the ulimate goal.wen the pc shuts down lan does get disconnected but u r still connected to ur isp as the router is still working and thus u r still online :!: i have checked this.thus even if ur pc shuts down n if ur router is on even after 8 am ur nite MB get counted in ur day usage :shock: so can plz anyone tell me a soln to this problem such as can my router(9V) draw power from my cpu via a USB port (using some kind of attachment) or via a serial port or some other way but it has 2 be from the cpu itself so wen the pc shuts down router is also switched off :wink:

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey guys,
I have 2 dataone accounts,one of 250 plan, other of 500 plan.
Now,
I have different usernames & different passwords for each account. Now, if i'm using one account, how do i switch over to the other to ensure that my data transfers are on the other account?
How do i alternate between those 2?

go4saket

Just disconnect, now reconnect with the second username and password. Now all your data transfers will be added up to the second account. I too do the same...

shariq_pj

Broken In
tarey_g said:
shariq_pj said:
kato said:

Chk what have u quoted , i think there is some mistake :wink:

Oops... My mistake... I copied and pasted a post of other thread... By the way even Kato did'nt say what i quoted it was some1 else... :mrgreen:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Dataone has gone crazy at my place , its downloading only at 1.2 KBps here , wtf , and it takes ages to open any site .

Sarkaari log :((

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I was also sufferring for last two days. It works for some 15 minutes without any problem, and then what ? DEAD. no transfers. I've to switch off modem and turn it on to get my connection worked, FOR THE NEXT 15 MINUTES ONLY!!!!

It was like adding insult to the injury. I was experiencing another problem fro last a month. I am not able to use my telephone and BB simultaneously, as I was promised. Whenever someone uses phone at my home, i loose my BB connection. I complained it to the so callled sarkari log, but still no response. Yesterday when i called him to remind about my complaint, his response was

So isn't that rectified yet ? Let me check., and he hanged the phone.

WTF, today the connection was damn slow at the eve.

tarey_g said:
Sarkaari log :(

Second that.

Top Bottom