** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
hello,

I have created two batch files connect.bat and disconnect.bat for connecting and disconnecting the dataone line with the following contents

connect.bat
start *admin:admin@192.168.1.1/hwhtml/status/st_ppp_connect.html?ImServices.rfc1483-0.1

disconnect.bat
start *admin:admin@192.168.1.1/hwhtml/status/st_ppp_discon.html?ImServices.rfc1483-0.1

I have set opera 8.51 as my default browser but when ever i execute the bat file opera gives a security warning message box and i have to click ok to proceed. is there any way to overcome this?

IE doesnt work and gives pagenot found error?

can any body help me on this.
charan

shoegoe

Broken In
Sys1 : PIV,845gvsr,384mbRAM,SmartAX MT882,H500 plan,XP,2k multiboot

In XP pppoe dialer was installed and bsnl was connected. NO PROBLEM SINCE INSTALL TILL NOW!.Since rasdial command was to be used, the mdm/rtr was connected in lan instead of usb to enable the installation of dialer.

All went ok till yesterday. When the system was booted and the dialer was clicked, the status changed to dialing and stayed for a LOOONg time like 10s instead of the usual 1s login.Then an error poped up and informed that the lan connection did not respond.

SO, to check wheather the dialer(files) wasnt corrupted, the pppoe dialer installed was run. BUT peculiarly the dialer didnt read any pppoe connections available in that nic. SO the nic was switched with another and checked again. The same problem presists, so no problem in nic.

The usual LINK AND ACT LED in the mdm/rtr went bizzar, turning on and off every 10-20sec(NOT THE USUAL TRANSFER BLINK).Whenever the link light turned on(for 10sec), the dialer recognized a pppoe service in the lan and offered a to install a dialer.But when i click that dialer, the same dialing.... option appears with the same errors.When the lan was checked again for pppoe services, nothing was found.

But the most peculiar thing was that when the dialer was dialed immediatly when the light turns on, "VERYFYING USERNAME AND PASSWORD" prompt appears.Then it gets connected after 30s(YES!!).When i open ie/ff and type a url (say google), it took 1-1.5 mins to load it!**JUST TO LOAD IT***.But after 1 min, the link light goes off and everything gets disconnected.

Thinking that the pppoe dialer may have some problem,the mdm/rtr 's setup window was opened and its own pppoe dialer was enabled and the usr name and password were given.When the mdm/rtr was restarted, the link light appeared after 3-4 mins and turned to the usual orange colour.BUT ,the same page cannot be displayed text APPEARS:)().

Since the mdm/rtr's options window was opened,there should not be any problem between the mdm/rtr and the system.

The phone line was checked thoroughly and found to be clear without any disturbance. The same error occured when win2000 was used ( SYS1 is xp/2k multiboot).

To check wheater the ie has some restrictions, the firewall was fully opened. But the same result was got.When nod32 was opened to update its virus def, it took 30 s to contact the server and downloaded the updates at 1kbps/s but got discon after 1 min

The system was checked for virusus and found to be a bit virus free

Please help! Most of the POSSIBLE ERROR PART in the system was checked. Is the mdm/rtr faulty?. If not is bsnl having any prob?

This messege is posted with a dial up account!!

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, do any of u guys play online games with dataone? I tried counter strike, but by the time i realize i've seen a enemy, i'm already shot.!! :shock:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
i play halo multiplayer , fair experience . u have to select the server with the lowest ping (less than 300, i generally get range from 230-350) , which is most probably in asian or nearby regions . overalll experience is good but always getting servers with low ping in the server list is is real headache. many times i have to drop the idea of playing the game coz of the absence of low ping servers , getting killed coz of idiotic lag is no fun.

wtf has happened to bsnl, the usage records are updated in ages .grrrr . earlier it was updated in 5 to 10 mins , but now they take hrs to update.

seshadri

Right off the assembly line
i am using dataone bb sevice.i am unable to change my password.the disply below says 'error on page'
can anyone guide me?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hay.. there is a new format for the dataone counter.... to keep that night hours free out of the total counting...

*img469.imageshack.us/img469/6209/074gp.th.jpg

but unfortunetlly thats not working for me... :cry: ...

gycapri

Broken In
hi guys
my dataone usage is going vry high against my current plan of 250 ,my usage is generally 700mb & once it crossed 1gb .

so me given application to change it to 500plan but they said to change my plan from the past months as my upcomming bill would be only 500 then ,so i applied from october month ,but does this really happens??????????

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Hey ! Is dataone in chennai down or what ? I am unable to acess Google and Yahoo ! I am abandoned over the net due to this ! HELP !

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Yeah, it's damn slow.. I noticed that this morning.. Even now it's slow.. hope we wont have another sea-line-cut problem..

Yeah.. only digit and few other sites open fast.. keeping my fingers crossed...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
:( :cry: What a wonderful present by BSNL on Christmas !

I wonder if they are streaming some Tsunami stuff on the lines and thus the business :p

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I have been wondering what happened to Dataone for the last two days and thought it was a local problem. Even now it works only now and then and in case of certain sites, it does'nt work at all. For eg. updates of MS, Spybot, Avast etc.

V.Prem Kumar

Impulser

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,'

This is my first post on digit... There been lot of queries regarding Night Unlimited plan .. Hey , it's free.. I checked with many bsnl employees.. And u can even see it.. I don't know why theres lot of args around that..

FYI , i have crossed 60 GB on 24th December .. No problem all in Happy hours

So,y r u waiting 4 ..

Enjoy

:D

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I am a Plan 250 user for the last 2 months and often I check the usage to know whether I have crossed the 0.4 GB limit. Today when I checked the usage, the first column in the page is "Traffic KB (excluding night unlimited)". Earlier, no such mention of the "night unlimited" was there.

Does it mean that they are now giving night unlimited facility to Plan 250 users also?

V.Prem Kumar

hermit

Journeyman
hi all
i got connected to dataone this month when i am trying to connect to net its taking lot of time and i see unusual 2 icons iam using usb port .
*img338.imageshack.us/img338/4471/capturewiz0033ax.jpg

can any tell me what is max download speed for@256kbs

mine is around 30-34KBS.

thanks

hermit

go4saket

You wont get more than 32 KBps as 30 KBps is equivelent to 256 Kbps.

The two icons that you see - Well, one is of the Broadband connection that you are using and the second is od the network card that your machine has, which is showing a limited or no connectivity sign.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
go4saket said:
You wont get more than 32 KBps as 30 KBps is equivelent to 256 Kbps.

The two icons that you see - Well, one is of the Broadband connection that you are using and the second is od the network card that your machine has, which is showing a limited or no connectivity sign.

But during downloads, it initially shows a much higher figure which slowly comes down to about 30 KBps or even less. What may be the reason?

And may I ask again, whether the unlimited free down load is now applicable to Plan 250 also as mentioned in my yesterday's post?

V.Prem Kumar

there was this software i saw sometime back that starts downloads at 2 am and stops at 8 am, can someone post the link or the name of the softy here? i have rs.500 plan and crossed 1.8 gb already :(

Top Bottom