** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

go4saket

Hello friends! Can someone tell me how much bandwidth is used to check one thread(single page) in this forum. Actually what I have been seeing is that when I am surfing the net , the bandwidth used is normal, not high not less, but as soon as I open any page in this forum, the incoming bandwidth starts flying away. Now is this a mis conception or true...

Moreover, is there a way to save ones bandwidth by applying some simple technique or by using some kind of software. Please dont tell me that by not accessing the net, I can save the bandwidth, because that is what I know... :wink:

Charley

Just Do It
Anyone using the Dataone Trial offer ?

Anyone using the Trial offer from Dataone broadband ?

Are there any charges or is it free?

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
There are charges of the modem rent only. That is if you dont have one or do not plan to buy one from them. The charges aree rs 100 per month. So for the trial u have to pay 200rs.

Also wen u tek the modem on rent u have to pay rs 500 as deposit. So its free. But sux with its plan.

As they give u a plan thats more a joke.
They give u a plan that gives 400MB of DT per month without happy hrs(ofcourse)
And u have to pay Rs 1 or so for every 2MB u use above 400MB limit.

So u mite just end up paying lots.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Well, just got the ADSL modem kit delivered to my home today. I have installed it (drivers, PPOE client s/w and all). I don't want the people from BSNL to come to my home to install and charge 250 bucks just for doing what I just did. Installation is very easy.

My questions are:

:arrow: I have taken the free ongoing trial offer. Should they charge for installation at premises? According to the conditions they are not supposed to do so.

:arrow: Is any special settings need to be done in the network connections, like primary IP address, DNS mask, secondary address, subnet mask, etc? Also is it required to change internet settings (LAN settings, in particular)?

:arrow: Where to get the username and password, and do I need to specify any number which the ADSL modem should dial?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
digitized said:
Well, just got the ADSL modem kit delivered to my home today. I have installed it (drivers, PPOE client s/w and all). I don't want the people from BSNL to come to my home to install and charge 250 bucks just for doing what I just did. Installation is very easy.

My questions are:

:arrow: I have taken the free ongoing trial offer. Should they charge for installation at premises? According to the conditions they are not supposed to do so.

:arrow: Is any special settings need to be done in the network connections, like primary IP address, DNS mask, secondary address, subnet mask, etc? Also is it required to change internet settings (LAN settings, in particular)?

:arrow: Where to get the username and password, and do I need to specify any number which the ADSL modem should dial?

When I got my connection, they gave me the modem with accessories like driver CD, cable etc, but without the user manual, saying that it will only confuse anybody who refer it for help. And of course the engineer was ready to come and install it then itself. But when he told if I am using XP, there is very little configuration to be done ie., only the username and password etc. in the network settings, I preferred to do it myself. He advised to use Lan connection and not USB.

Though I had a lan card already set up, I used the on board lan (A8N-E) and it worked fine without any of the settings mentioned above and so far there has not been any problem.

But I heard it is entirely different in case of Win 98.

V.Prem Kumar

C

cybermanas

@digitized
What are the monthly costs in the trial offer.Plz shed some light on the conditions of offer.I cannot find it on the internet after searching.

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
digitized said:
Where to get the username and password, and do I need to specify any number which the ADSL modem should dial?

no need to dial any number. the username and password ll b given to u by bsnl staff. if they hav nt given already, contact ur local xchange. apart frm dat, u ll receive a mail by post from bsnl informing u of ur username and password. if u need it urgently, u can try 2 guess ur username. most likely, the username ll be one of the 5 choices u entered in ur dataone application form and password will be xyz123.

digitized said:
Is any special settings need to be done in the network connections, like primary IP address, DNS mask, secondary address, subnet mask, etc?

u shud set network connections to obtain an ip address automatically and obtain a dns server automatically.

digitized said:
Also is it required to change internet settings (LAN settings, in particular)?
i dint hav 2 do anything wid the lan settings.

setting up dataone in win xp is a breeze. no need 2 install anything. but in case of 98 u ll hav 2 install dat software.

C

cybermanas

Generic Superhero
Can you give me some info about the trial offer of Dataone.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@Cybermanas: The trial offer that is going on is a great idea from BSNL. It applies to those people who use a landline number from BSNL. The dial-up users (172222) will have the option to upgrade to 256kbps dataone. Only you have to fill the application form and sign a mandate form. There is absolutely no cost at the initial stage for 2 months. Should you decide to continue after two months, then a monthly rental of Rs.250 + Rs.100 (rental of modem, should you opt for rental) will be charged. You can also buy the modem directly from BSNL, cost of modem being Rs.1200. Also a security deposit will be charged initially for Rs.500. Also, should you decide to buy, then you can give remaining Rs.700 (Rs.1200-Rs.500 which was the security deposit) to them and the transaction regarding the modem purchase is complete. So there is no security deposit to care of after that. They are initially giving this offer for plan 250 with monthly data transfer limit of 400MB. I will change over to plan 500 after 2 months with 1GB limit and night unlimited from 2AM to 8AM.

This offer is valid upto 25th dec'05 initially so better hurry and apply.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
In kolkata the modem rental is also free nd there is no security deposit whatsoever.U will only pay if u decide to continue

calvin

Broken In
the plan is same for all over india check it out.
one has to pay for modem if bought or rented fro bsnl.
only usage charge is'nt there

janitha

Wise Old Owl
digitized said:
I use Windows XP and the ADSL modem just installed very easily and the drivers were copied when I simply installed the CD.

I also use XP and I did'nt have to install any driver or use the CD which was provided with the modem. Just configured network for username and password.

V.Prem Kumar

Top Bottom