** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello guys, I am facing a strange problem again. :( On 21st October my Broadband suddenly stopped working. I registered a complaint, after 6 days of calling them I finally received a call from them on 27th October saying that my username has been updated and password has been changed too.

They added _ncdr to my old username. I entered those new details in Modem and BB is back working but I am unable to check my BB usage.

My connection was old(from 2007), IP was in range of 59.x.x.x, and I used to check the usage on 10.240.43.216 without any problem.

Now since they changed my username/password my IP shifted to 117.x.x.x and I am unable to check the usage anywhere, neither on 10.240.43.216 nor on selfcare portal. I can still login on 10.240.43.216 with my old username and password but it shows my old username and BB usage is not updating, it only shows usage till 21st October, the last time my BB worked with old IP.

Any idea what is going on and what can I do?

Some details about my connection -
Circle - Meerut, UP West
Plan - BBG-FN-HOME-500-MONTHLY
Selfcare URL/Region - selfcare.ndc.bsnl.co.in (I am already registered, but it shows my old username and BB usage not updating)

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
As far as I know, for the 117.x.x.x series, the Portal/Selfcare username and password are different from the one you use to connect to the Internet. Get it from the exchange.

btw, do you have a Steam account?? Do you play Team Fortress 2?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello guys, I am facing a strange problem again. :( On 21st October my Broadband suddenly stopped working. I registered a complaint, after 6 days of calling them I finally received a call from them on 27th October saying that my username has been updated and password has been changed too.

They added _ncdr to my old username. I entered those new details in Modem and BB is back working but I am unable to check my BB usage.

My connection was old(from 2007), IP was in range of 59.x.x.x, and I used to check the usage on 10.240.43.216 without any problem.

Now since they changed my username/password my IP shifted to 117.x.x.x and I am unable to check the usage anywhere, neither on 10.240.43.216 nor on selfcare portal. I can still login on 10.240.43.216 with my old username and password but it shows my old username and BB usage is not updating, it only shows usage till 21st October, the last time my BB worked with old IP.

Any idea what is going on and what can I do?

Some details about my connection -
Circle - Meerut, UP West
Plan - BBG-FN-HOME-500-MONTHLY
Selfcare URL/Region - selfcare.ndc.bsnl.co.in (I am already registered, but it shows my old username and BB usage not updating)

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Register afresh at BSNL SelfCare site.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
As far as I know, for the 117.x.x.x series, the Portal/Selfcare username and password are different from the one you use to connect to the Internet. Get it from the exchange.

btw, do you have a Steam account?? Do you play Team Fortress 2?

I enquired a bit and came to know that they don't issue Portal Id's anymore, everybody has to use selfcare only. I am registered on selfcare portal since my old username/IP, and can login now too, but it is not showing the usage after the username was updated.

I left PC gaming and switched to console(PS3). Those Urban Terror days were great.. :) Haven't played any new game on PC after that..

Register afresh at BSNL SelfCare site.

I can not register again on Selfcare portal, because on registration it asks for Customer ID, which is attached to my current Selfcare account.

*gyazo.com/d733cd24c155e9ffcee65fd74d8869f8.png

Its been a mess. :(

casual_gamer

In the zone
Hello,
I'm from bangalore with 117.x.x.x series ip address. for me Yahoo Mail page is not opening, i always have open through Opera turbo(through proxy). yeah, i have also tried with other browsers. few other random sites also don't open, i have to again use opera turbo. Is 117 series ip banned by Yahoo? I am using the latest dns provided by bsnl 218.248.255.146 and open dns 208.67.222.222. i know its not related to dns but have provided for your info.

mayoorite

Night Fury
how to check bsnl broadband usage.i have an account on "*selfcare.ndc.bsnl.co.in/" but it shows total download/upload including night unlimited.My plan in BBHOME-600 2.5gb limit night unlimited.when i sms to 52295 it also not replying.Please help.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a column that shows Chargeable Units(KB) Excluding Night Unlimited. Just keep a check on that. ;)

evewin89

In the zone
Which is the best bsnl broadband plan within Rs.800 Per month budget?

Is it better to buy an external modem from outside than getting the STOCK BSNL modem?

if yes then which is the best external modem that works very well with bsnl broadband plan without any problems?
I met one bsnl Linsman y'terterday and he suggested me to buy Rs750 unlimited plan.

evewin89

In the zone
get home 500 night unlimited. THE BEST PLAN
Dl almost 50-70gb per month
4gb in 6hrs 2-8am

Thanks for the info. but what about the modem? Is it better to buy an external modem from outside than getting the STOCK BSNL modem?

and one more thing I met one bsnl Linsman y'terterday and he suggested me to buy Rs750 unlimited plan because in that plan telephone rental is free.

Is there a huge difference in the dl speed between HOME 500 and 750 plan?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well I pay Rs.625 and my rental is free of 100 units of calling and I have unlimited net @256 kbps. 750 gives the same but double the speed :wink:

evewin89

In the zone
Well I pay Rs.625 and my rental is free of 100 units of calling and I have unlimited net @256 kbps. 750 gives the same but double the speed :wink:

Sorry for replying late.

How much download speed you get?
(32Kbps or greater than that)

Which company modem you use?
(you use the modem provided by bsnl or you purchased your own modem)

if you use 625plan then do you have to pay the additional rental for your telephone i.e. extra Rs.180?

Rs.750 plan states that we'll get 512kbps speed then whats the approx download speed of 750plan? (is the download speed of Rs.750 plan better than 625plan or home500 plan)?

Last edited:

mayoorite

Night Fury
:doublethumb:well i have "BBG-FN-HOME-600-COMBO-PLUS-MONTHLY" plan with 2.5gb download free and 2-8 night unlimited at 2mbps +250 calls free .and modem charges Rs.25/-.My father is central gov. employee therefore 20% discount on total charges. Monthly bill around Rs.570/-.:doublethumb:

evewin89

In the zone
thanks for the reply....... so you have not bought the modem,you have taken it in rent. thats good. i'll let you know which plan i opted and when my connection starts by BSNL. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sorry for replying late.

How much download speed you get?
(32Kbps or greater than that)

Which company modem you use?
(you use the modem provided by bsnl or you purchased your own modem)

if you use 625plan then do you have to pay the additional rental for your telephone i.e. extra Rs.180?

Rs.750 plan states that we'll get 512kbps speed then whats the approx download speed of 750plan? (is the download speed of Rs.750 plan better than 625plan or home500 plan)?

No I donot have to pay the Rs.180. I use default BSNL Black Siemens modem. Download speed is the one you mentioned. Although it fluctuates and goes up and down sometimes. The 500 plan gives you better speed but only night unlimited. The 750 gives 512 kbps which is exactly double than the 625 plan and is full time unlimited.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Hello Friends!
My BSNL DataOne Broadband is under Unlimited 900 Plan.
My modem has been provided by BSNL,which is :

UTSTARCOM wa3002-g1(ADSL+ router) of Type-II.

I've been running through this modem/router since February 2007,without any problems.
I've changed to various BSNL BroadBand Plans quite often,which suited my needs...

Recently,a problem is occurring repeatedly, the ADSL marked LED light is going "OFF" for 1-2 min. and after blinking for sometime it glows on again.During this ON/OFF stage,the BroadBand network gets disrupted,with nil network,affecting Downloads,surfing,e-mailing,etc.

Please,Help me out of this Problem.
How do I upgrade the firmware of wa3002-g1 router by UTSTARCOM?
Is the modem/router culprit,or are there any network issuses?

I also have a question Friends!
Can I use a new LJU(Line-Jack-Unit of Telephone Line),or do I have to adhere to the LJU provided by BSNL only?
The Line Jack Unit provided by BSNL is: TFCA-LJU-6 model.

If I want to change,do Technical issues OR Legal Issues arrive?
Please answer my Friends.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Have a problem with my line broadband finally.

The phone is dead when I connect wire directly. But no wire is broken or anything. When I connect wire directly to Modem the internet works. But too slow. Usuallly can download 2 mb in a minute. But now 2 mb takes 5 minutes.

also when I dial my own landline from mobile the phone rings. But after that there is dial tone for a few minutes.
What may be problem? this problem has suddenly happened. Damn.

*www.speedtest.net/result/1686084535.png

Last edited:

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
^ Line fault.

----

Recently,a problem is occurring repeatedly, the ADSL marked LED light is going "OFF" for 1-2 min. and after blinking for sometime it glows on again.During this ON/OFF stage,the BroadBand network gets disrupted,with nil network,affecting Downloads,surfing,e-mailing,etc.
Like above, line fault.

How do I upgrade the firmware of wa3002-g1 router by UTSTARCOM?
Any specific reason you want to upgrade?

Can I use a new LJU(Line-Jack-Unit of Telephone Line),or do I have to adhere to the LJU provided by BSNL only?
The Line Jack Unit provided by BSNL is: TFCA-LJU-6 model.

If I want to change,do Technical issues OR Legal Issues arrive?
You can use one of your own.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
coolpcguy said:
^ Line fault.
seems you are right. When I disconnected the wire and saw, the joints on the outdoor had almost broken. Reconnected those and now this is speed test-
*www.speedtest.net/result/1687731706.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom