** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your bb user id is the one which is given to you, something like abc<yourphoneno>_ecdrid. You can also get it from your bills.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then wait for some time or contact BSNL Office. In any case, with an unlimited connection, you should not be worried much. :)

Last edited:

anandharaja

In the zone
Then wait for some time or contact BSNL Office. In any case, with an unlimited connection, you should be worried much. :)

ya i worried, because i download more video tutorials each tutorial may be 300 to 700MB i use more than 8GB per month.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
But it's an unlimited connection, ain't it? So what's that 8gb thing, I couldn't get it.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Then wait for some time or contact BSNL Office. In any case, with an unlimited connection, you should be worried much. :)
I'm Sorry did you say he needs to be worried if he has unlimited connection? Why is it so? I thought it's the other way round i.e. he should be more concerned if its limited than unlimited.

ya i worried, because i download more video tutorials each tutorial may be 300 to 700MB i use more than 8GB per month.
When you are in Unlimited version why do you have to worry about the CAP? I mean you can download as much as you can without any restriction. That's why it's called Unlimited.

One more thing wherever you are staying I'm sure within 4-5 Kms there should be a local BSNL office, contact these guys. Also ideally you should have taken the contact number of the BSNL Technician who setup your connection.

how to check my data usage for BSNL BB UL COMBO 625 net.

Here in the post above you mentioned BB UL. I'm assuming UL stands for Unlimited then why are you worried about the 8 GB thing?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm Sorry did you say he needs to be worried if he has unlimited connection? Why is it so? I thought it's the other way round i.e. he should be more concerned if its limited than unlimited.

oops!!! :-( The not was not there. Post edited.

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
I have been using the BBG FN Combo 500 plan from bsnl for quite some time now, this offers 2mbps speeds and 1.5gb limited download with night unlimited downloads
but in reality i get 300kbps max download speed (if i am lucky) and about 60kbps upload speeds

now i was considering opting for BB Home UL 750 plan which offers unlimited downloads at 512 kbps

i do download torrents but it difficult for me to take full advantage of the night ultd. as i am not up late in the night and dont wana keep the system up all night

my question is that how much download speed can i realistically expect with this plan coz frankly i am not satisfied with so called "2 mbps" speed??
will it be a wise move to shell out 250 more for this plan?

another option could be the BBG FN Combo 599
also is there some lock-in period for a new plan??

Last edited:

shantanuKulkarni

Right off the assembly line
Hello I have BSNL broadband, When i download some file they stop at a particular percentage like 45% and whenever i'll download it at whatever condition that file will stop downloading at 45%. First I thought it might be the problem of my PC but now I have 1 laptop and 1 android mobile, and the problem still persists on them also. I tried to contact the local BSNL office for finding the solution of this problem but he said there is no solution to this problem you'll have to download all that files from another network. I am very frustrated by this problem coz it happens to me most of the time, Please help me in this matter :(

PS: those files get downloaded by my friends broadband network

ajayritik

Technomancer
now i was considering opting for BB Home UL 750 plan which offers unlimited downloads at 512 kbps

my question is that how much download speed can i realistically expect with this plan coz frankly i am not satisfied with so called "2 mbps" speed??
will it be a wise move to shell out 250 more for this plan?

another option could be the BBG FN Combo 599
also is there some lock-in period for a new plan??
Bro, I had this 750 UL Plan for a month just some time back. I get Max 60 Kbps on torrents with this plan. This is pretty good. I don't like Limited Plans including those which have Unlimited in Night. I would prefer sticking to Unlimited plans. And the speeds in the 750 UL plan are quite consistent.

Also I think there is a 1 Mbps UL plan available for Rs 850 but I think it has an FUP on it.

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
^^
thanks bro, but 60kbps is far too less :( as i get about 260kbps avg. speeds with torrents on my current plan

cannot consider 850/- as it will overshoot my budget as i also have to pay 100 towards landline phone and taxes amount to ~60 bucks too

vikasg03

Journeyman
I am using BSNL broad band with nokia siemens network adsl -2 modem with wifi. I forgot my modem password. password to ask after type 192.168.1.1. default was admin-2, which i changed and forgot.
Now I purchase a laptop and I want to connect laptop using wifi. It is asking for KEY?. Is there any default key is given by bsnl, or need to setup. also how to recover modem password

Top Bottom