** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

tinku dhar

In the zone
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

sejal said:
"hey guys.. i'm in varanasi and i just cant open megaupload.. did bsnl block it for some reason? its been like these since almost a fortnight now...

same problem.

buddy ...,

i think u need to download the toolbar and than after tht u need to install and remember to only use frm ur IE not like firefox etc etc ok :)

welll go to BSNL and inform this they will make a new :)

Last edited:

neodaone

Right off the assembly line

Hi
M on a 256k bsnl line..not unlimited,though hopin to change to it. Anyways, fa the past 2-3 days, ive been facing tremendous lag in a certain game i play online. Server is in india only. Airtel faces no lag

Also, *www.speedtest.net/
I tested ma upload/dl speeds. The server in pak gave me a dl speed of 77kbps n upload of 40 sumthn. While singapore gave me 90kbps, n 50 resp.
However, the srver in LA,usa, gave me a whopping 270 kbps dl speed n 150 ul.

Also, a frnd of mine in chennai, has same bsnl 256k conn, n usually gets 120kbps as dl speed in DAP. He said he tweaked some stuff in dap, so that each dl gets him 30kbps resulting in 120kbps total dl speed. Is it possible?

How is my speed more with distant servers? This is totally opposite to wat ive xperienced practically

Thank You

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Don't have BSNL Landline. How to apply for broadband?

I don't have a BSNL Landline. But i want broadband. how to apply for it? If it needs a landline, then tell me how to apply for DataOne?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: Don't have BSNL Landline. How to apply for broadband?

nilesh.3892 said:
I don't have a BSNL Landline. But i want broadband. how to apply for it? If it needs a landline, then tell me how to apply for DataOne?

For dataone broadband, you will need a landline. However, if you apply with Airtel, then I do not think a landline phone will be required.:) For BSNL just meet the commercial officer/AOTR of your local exchange and submit the application form for new connection and the broadband alongwith xerox copy of last telephone bill.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)

thinkingdigit said:
guys...i got problem .....I FORGOT MA DATAONE PASSWORD>>>OH MAN....
......i am so very gone.......newayz is there any way to recover it anyhow....???????:-? :confused: :-?

I guess this should help you *ubercoder.blogspot.com/2006/11/recovering-adsl-passwords.html

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Re: Don't have BSNL Landline. How to apply for broadband?

digitized said:
For dataone broadband, you will need a landline. However, if you apply with Airtel, then I do not think a landline phone will be required. :)

i'm not too sure about that, my cousin applied for Airtel BB & he was given a Airtel Telephone. (just like BSNL)

but the good thing is, No Telephone Rentals, only a Rs.25/- per month is charged as a rent (for CLIP charges).

thinkingdigit

Broken In

hey members......i finnaly got ul plan :razz: ......also cud you guys please suggest me a good P2P sharing software......please suggest such a one wid which i wont have any difficulty finding episodes and movies(both english and hindi).Currently i am using limewire though i am not very happy about its performance....

neodaone

Right off the assembly line

Use torrents...nuff said..great for ul conns like mine :) n now urs :D

She offered me her honour
I honoured her offer
Then all night i was on her and off her....

thts it i think...

Last edited:

keep_it_rl

Broken In

Dude Am Usin 900ul
Lemme Xplain u the Prblms In Detail
Its like evrything is going smoothly but suddenly the web pages stop loading.
But i can see the lan icon on the taskbar showing tht am still connected to the net.But practically its disconnected coz pages rnt loading anymore.
Now i try to disconnect the net by right clicking on the lan icon but it doesnt disconnect.Now i try double clickng the broadband dialer,but nothing heppens i retry double clicking it but still no result..
Now with no other way left i restart my modem and computer and then try to connect thn only i can connect....
But somtimes i evn have to restrt my computer several times...
is it due to my modem ,pc or isp

Chirag

Cyborg Agent

^^
R u having direct line from the pole in ur room?? Coz I m having the same prob and I don't have direct line.

thinkingdigit

Broken In

neodaone said:
Use torrents...nuff said..great for ul conns like mine :) n now urs :D

She offered me her honour
I honoured her offer
Then all night i was on her and off her....

thts it i think...

dude neo..i do use torrents using bitcomet but the problem is i recieve low speeds (20kB/s-26kB/s) because of which i can complete 20% of a movie file in about 3 hours..!!!!:eek:

Also could you tell me the complete configuration of bitcomet so that i can experience higher speeds and also is the thing if i get a higher no of seeders then the download is faster???

An as far as the poem goes...i guess the one which you wrote WAS :p da one

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

guruliving said:
Is BSNL DataOne Modem a Time Bomb for other Brand Modems?

Hi Everyone,

Have you finally purchased the BSNL provided modem after long try of using the modem you purchased from your nearby shop or from other private suppliers?

Here I am also one of the victim but with great escape from buying BSNL modem.

I tell the story …

I am a computer reseller trying to sell a Branded modem to my regular customers. I installed 10 to 12 modems to my customer place. Here the problem arise. When my customers try to open websites like yahoo or rediff. The first page will open quickly. And after giving their username and password the browser shows “Page can’t display error message” and also some times page opens normally some other times it won’t.

I try to contact BSNL customer support. I went to BSNL office and inform them about the problem. Every time they try to teach me ABCD and their spoon feeding lessons. Finally they recommend me to buy their BSNL’s DataOne branded modem. I ask them to demonstrate their modem.

Finally they provide me a modem that was working great without “Page can’t display error message”. At the same time I removed their modem and try to browse using my modem. Using my modem I often get “Page can’t display error message”. How could this can be happed and my modem is also a class 1 and certified modem?

I contact my modem supplier and my supplier said confidently this is a good modem. Finally I contact my modem supplier technical support and they help me to pinpoint the problem. Regarding this problem I contact BSNL officials more than one week. But my supplier solve my problem within 30 Minutes.

Here is my point is privatization is good and must in Public sector. BSNL customer service is very very poor and no one pickup the phone after 5:30 PM. Very very lazy people just only come to office to pass their day.

This is the full story. The DNS server address provided by BSNL 61.1.96.69 and 61.1.96.71 is pre planned with master mindedly working only with BSNL Dataone modem only. This is a Time Bomb to other private modem brand and private modem supplier.

Why they pre planned and indirectly force customer to buy BSNL Modem only? This is the idea of Our Indian Minister getting good commission from the regular supplier and give them regular order of modem without loosing his\her regular bribe commission.

How did I over come from the problem? The Answer is I stopped using BSNL’s DNS Server and I am using public DNS server IP as my default DNL server. The problem is over and no “Page can’t be display error message” and now I can browse without error messages. So wisely change your DNS server and escape from BNSL Time Bomb.

Guruliving::
I too faced DNS problem but not exactly of your type and even I opened a thread for same:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39754

But, Ya I agree that BSNL employee takes salary for just giving attendence !

hi
i am using bsnl plan ul 900.every time i try to connect it says
"ACCESS DENIED:USERNAME OR PASSWORD ARE INVALID ON THE DOMAIN"
but i checked it the username and password is correct.it works on the website can someone help plzzzzz

You surely are doing typing mistakes. BTW, on bsnl you can connect using any dataone password on any phone no. untill its on same exchange (not checked with other exchange yet)
M on a 256k bsnl line..not unlimited,though hopin to change to it. Anyways, fa the past 2-3 days, ive been facing tremendous lag in a certain game i play online. Server is in india only. Airtel faces no lag

Also, *www.speedtest.net/
I tested ma upload/dl speeds. The server in pak gave me a dl speed of 77kbps n upload of 40 sumthn. While singapore gave me 90kbps, n 50 resp.
However, the srver in LA,usa, gave me a whopping 270 kbps dl speed n 150 ul.

Also, a frnd of mine in chennai, has same bsnl 256k conn, n usually gets 120kbps as dl speed in DAP. He said he tweaked some stuff in dap, so that each dl gets him 30kbps resulting in 120kbps total dl speed. Is it possible?

How is my speed more with distant servers? This is totally opposite to wat ive xperienced practically

Thank You
Many times the server ie. one being used for testing is also cause of problem. So you should test more than one. Anyways, I am yet to see 150 kbps upload speed in dataone 256 kbps connection, what I mostly get is arournd 80 kbps upload.

Also, about yoru friend getting 120 kBps.. make sure he is saying kilobytes..
And if its kilobytes then I want to meet him to know the trick .
Its like evrything is going smoothly but suddenly the web pages stop loading.
But i can see the lan icon on the taskbar showing tht am still connected to the net.But practically its disconnected coz pages rnt loading anymore.
Now i try to disconnect the net by right clicking on the lan icon but it doesnt disconnect.Now i try double clickng the broadband dialer,but nothing heppens i retry double clicking it but still no result..
Now with no other way left i restart my modem and computer and then try to connect thn only i can connect....
But somtimes i evn have to restrt my computer several times...
is it due to my modem ,pc or isp

Its problem if ISP .. specifically of line. It happens when the LINK stability reduces but not that much so that link get broken. ie. something between stable and unstable link.

Solution is wait untill link gets stable...
other work around is to set your modem to connect on its own, that way you wont have to deal with hanging computer etc.
You can then easily reconnect / disconnect using Modem's web interface.

Last edited:

tinku dhar

In the zone

hey RICKY .... ,

but how can u get 80 kbps of uploadin when i upload anything in sendspace etc etc site than it uploads in 4 to 5kbps

:(

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

you can check your upload speed on any bandwidth testing site.
I was uploading a file on megashare and it says average of 70 kbps upload speed.
May be you are seeing 4-5 kBps

But also upload speed is dependable on other applications runing and using upload slot as well as the available bandwidth space on the server where you are uploading stuff.

Lastly, I use DUmeter to constantly monitor my internet's performance and by far its simple and so much useful.

keep_it_rl

Broken In

hey ricky
and i wasnt having this prblm in the first one month
how can i configure my modem to connect itsel

rite
yesterday i tried this , vn the something occured i dint resboot the modem i rebooted the computer thn i got connected
so i reinstalled xp ,after reinstalling xp the modem worked fine for bout 17 hours...thn the same bullshit occured
I am vry confused wht is it actully i dnt even understand if this the way modem hangs or nt

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

keep_it_rl said:
hey ricky
and i wasnt having this prblm in the first one month
how can i configure my modem to connect itsel

rite
yesterday i tried this , vn the something occured i dint resboot the modem i rebooted the computer thn i got connected
so i reinstalled xp ,after reinstalling xp the modem worked fine for bout 17 hours...thn the same bullshit occured
I am vry confused wht is it actully i dnt even understand if this the way modem hangs or nt

Why are you not using the PPPoE software dialer for broadband?:confused:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

I am continuously getting error 691 (invalid username/password) since last saturday. Any suggestions as to how to get this sorted out? No one is picking up the phone at 18004241600.:mad:

Maybe due to non-payment of landline bills (the billing problem is still existing), they have disconnected the broadband connection???!!! I have no idea. But the outgoing and incoming calls got disconnected since last september (4 months back). The broadband problem as now, should then have started in september only. But I have been using it without any connection problems. What could be the problem?

Thank you.

tinku dhar

In the zone

digitized said:
I am continuously getting error 691 (invalid username/password) since last saturday. Any suggestions as to how to get this sorted out? No one is picking up the phone at 18004241600.:mad:

Maybe due to non-payment of landline bills (the billing problem is still existing), they have disconnected the broadband connection???!!! I have no idea. But the outgoing and incoming calls got disconnected since last september (4 months back). The broadband problem as now, should then have started in september only. But I have been using it without any connection problems. What could be the problem?

Thank you.

dude contact to bsnl officers u will get the reason

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

digitized said:

Thank you.
just go to the dataone site(*10.240.144.195) from another dataone connection as the site is only available to dataone users.enter your userid & paswword in the fields, if the have stopped your connection which is most likely u will see a huge account suspended page

Top Bottom