** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: Get more SPEED and use MORE pc

smartguysforever said:
hi to all
i am using home 500 plan, and downloading daily between 2-8 in night, becoz its free and i m gought 30-32 kbps speed. but now i have to know something. one of friend is join BSNL dataone network, he buy a D-LINK DSL modem from a shop. when he tried to connect that, he fails. he called a person frm bsnl. u know that person gives some settings on ip : 192.168.1.1 and after that modem is working but the main thing is he gought 60 kbps speed. so i want to know that settings. if any one here know that plz mail me. and i want to know that how can i use my 5 pc with same speed of net connection with BSNL dataone. plzzzzzzzzzz help me, and mail me. i am verythankfull to you. plzzz

Regards
Manish Sharma

Your friend must have got a 512kbps connection. Tell him to test his speed at www.speedtest.net, www.testmy.net or at least www.calcuttatelephones.com. Then post the results here.

As far as I know, there is no hack for the modem to get 60kbps download speeds when you got only a 256kbps connection.

tinku dhar

In the zone
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

well he is usin kbps or downloadin frm some weblink were they gives kbps

as me myself downloaded 100kbps and more frm 1 site :)

guruliving

Right off the assembly line

Is BSNL DataOne Modem a Time Bomb for other Brand Modems?

Hi Everyone,

Have you finally purchased the BSNL provided modem after long try of using the modem you purchased from your nearby shop or from other private suppliers?

Here I am also one of the victim but with great escape from buying BSNL modem.

I tell the story …

I am a computer reseller trying to sell a Branded modem to my regular customers. I installed 10 to 12 modems to my customer place. Here the problem arise. When my customers try to open websites like yahoo or rediff. The first page will open quickly. And after giving their username and password the browser shows “Page can’t display error message” and also some times page opens normally some other times it won’t.

I try to contact BSNL customer support. I went to BSNL office and inform them about the problem. Every time they try to teach me ABCD and their spoon feeding lessons. Finally they recommend me to buy their BSNL’s DataOne branded modem. I ask them to demonstrate their modem.

Finally they provide me a modem that was working great without “Page can’t display error message”. At the same time I removed their modem and try to browse using my modem. Using my modem I often get “Page can’t display error message”. How could this can be happed and my modem is also a class 1 and certified modem?

I contact my modem supplier and my supplier said confidently this is a good modem. Finally I contact my modem supplier technical support and they help me to pinpoint the problem. Regarding this problem I contact BSNL officials more than one week. But my supplier solve my problem within 30 Minutes.

Here is my point is privatization is good and must in Public sector. BSNL customer service is very very poor and no one pickup the phone after 5:30 PM. Very very lazy people just only come to office to pass their day.

This is the full story. The DNS server address provided by BSNL 61.1.96.69 and 61.1.96.71 is pre planned with master mindedly working only with BSNL Dataone modem only. This is a Time Bomb to other private modem brand and private modem supplier.

Why they pre planned and indirectly force customer to buy BSNL Modem only? This is the idea of Our Indian Minister getting good commission from the regular supplier and give them regular order of modem without loosing his\her regular bribe commission.

How did I over come from the problem? The Answer is I stopped using BSNL’s DNS Server and I am using public DNS server IP as my default DNL server. The problem is over and no “Page can’t be display error message” and now I can browse without error messages. So wisely change your DNS server and escape from BNSL Time Bomb.

tinku dhar

In the zone

guruliving said:
Is BSNL DataOne Modem a Time Bomb for other Brand Modems?

Hi Everyone,

Have you finally purchased the BSNL provided modem after long try of using the modem you purchased from your nearby shop or from other private suppliers?

Here I am also one of the victim but with great escape from buying BSNL modem.

I tell the story …

I am a computer reseller trying to sell a Branded modem to my regular customers. I installed 10 to 12 modems to my customer place. Here the problem arise. When my customers try to open websites like yahoo or rediff. The first page will open quickly. And after giving their username and password the browser shows “Page can’t display error message” and also some times page opens normally some other times it won’t.

I try to contact BSNL customer support. I went to BSNL office and inform them about the problem. Every time they try to teach me ABCD and their spoon feeding lessons. Finally they recommend me to buy their BSNL’s DataOne branded modem. I ask them to demonstrate their modem.

Finally they provide me a modem that was working great without “Page can’t display error message”. At the same time I removed their modem and try to browse using my modem. Using my modem I often get “Page can’t display error message”. How could this can be happed and my modem is also a class 1 and certified modem?

I contact my modem supplier and my supplier said confidently this is a good modem. Finally I contact my modem supplier technical support and they help me to pinpoint the problem. Regarding this problem I contact BSNL officials more than one week. But my supplier solve my problem within 30 Minutes.

Here is my point is privatization is good and must in Public sector. BSNL customer service is very very poor and no one pickup the phone after 5:30 PM. Very very lazy people just only come to office to pass their day.

This is the full story. The DNS server address provided by BSNL 61.1.96.69 and 61.1.96.71 is pre planned with master mindedly working only with BSNL Dataone modem only. This is a Time Bomb to other private modem brand and private modem supplier.

Why they pre planned and indirectly force customer to buy BSNL Modem only? This is the idea of Our Indian Minister getting good commission from the regular supplier and give them regular order of modem without loosing his\her regular bribe commission.

How did I over come from the problem? The Answer is I stopped using BSNL’s DNS Server and I am using public DNS server IP as my default DNL server. The problem is over and no “Page can’t be display error message” and now I can browse without error messages. So wisely change your DNS server and escape from BNSL Time Bomb.

tht was kool to hear as usual like other members i tooo hate BSNL and there customer service .......

and mate can u tell me wats the use of this other Modem than BSNL !!!!!!!!!!!
is there change in the Speed etc etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

tinku dhar said:
tht was kool to hear as usual like other members i tooo hate BSNL and there customer service .......

and mate can u tell me wats the use of this other Modem than BSNL !!!!!!!!!!!
is there change in the Speed etc etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also count me in the BSNL dataone hate club due to their incompetence, poor customer service and what not...

mani86

connection problem

hi
i am using bsnl plan ul 900.every time i try to connect it says
"ACCESS DENIED:USERNAME OR PASSWORD ARE INVALID ON THE DOMAIN"
but i checked it the username and password is correct.it works on the website can someone help plzzzzz

praka123

left this forum longback
firefox cant get dataone usage!

today when i tried with firefox *10.240.16.195 is not accessible showing IE error.any workarounds ?am on Linux Debian and now using perl (dobs.sourceforge.net)script to find out the usage :rolleyes:
so any address to logon with firefox(no opera pls!)
earlier i can logon as *10.240.144.195/nonie_webLogin.jsp
Help!

linuxman

Broken In

Which is the best Broadband service available in Bangalore?
Is it Airtel or BSNL?

Thanks

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

If you're willing to spend 900 bucks to get the Unlimited Download scheme, then BSNL is the answer.

no downtime or something like that. i've been using BSNL BB for well over a year without any problem.

panchamk

Broken In

Is BSNL DataOne available in Mumbai? If so, are there any Mumbai users who can vouch for it/not recommend it?

I'm asking because Mumbai is not listed on BSNL's website.

(It sucks that Delhi folks have unlimited plans from MTNL and Mumbai folks don't.)

Last edited:

bharathbala2003

why need title?

well i wanted to know how good is the speed and stuffs.. airtel is not available in my area.. :( am not sure about dataone.. in chennai

tinku dhar

In the zone

guys ......,

now i need help can anyone tell me wat wrong with my net when i try to connet its sayin ERROR769: unable to reach dunno wats wrong plz help me to find out

is it because i have not paid the bills etc etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coz i don't remember particularly wats the matter :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

It sometimes happens, i couldnt connect to net for 2-4 hours, maybe BSNL problm.
Just check whether everything is OK in the Modem page.(one in which we type 192.168... & login using "admin" & "admin" as usr & passwrd.

praka123

left this forum longback

Anyone knows the dataone account login weblink for firefox users?As I use GNU/Linux i dont have Internet Exploder installed.earlier i can login in firefox via *10.240.144.195/nonie_webLogin.jsp
So now dataone portal is directing to *10.240.16.195/ where i cannot login via firefox.so guys help?

VD17

Journeyman

hey guys.. i'm in varanasi and i just cant open megaupload.. did bsnl block it for some reason? its been like these since almost a fortnight now...

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

guys i am from tamil nadu and from a place called mecheri in salem dt....

we had got a notice that dataone is gona come and asked to register for connection...i made registration...but atlast they told that since there wasnt enough minimum connection, they wont give connection....

wht can i do...i am running the latest system...but using a dialup...its horrible....
i think bsnl is not a private company who need profit...its gov run and i think broadband is the thing of the future.... and i think many will buy the broadband in comming soon....

why cant they just realise...no one is going to sit with dialup for the next 6 months ...many will realise and change...
good morning

bsnldomain

mani86 said:
connection problem

hi
i am using bsnl plan ul 900.every time i try to connect it says
"ACCESS DENIED:USERNAME OR PASSWORD ARE INVALID ON THE DOMAIN"
but i checked it the username and password is correct.it works on the website can someone help plzzzzz

I am sure that you dont use your Username and Password.Because the plan ul 900 is secured by the telephone number of that person.And you say that " but i checked it the username and password is correct.it works on the website " it because when you log in by your ID and Password then you can checked the other uses record in BSNL PORTAL.

sejal

"hey guys.. i'm in varanasi and i just cant open megaupload.. did bsnl block it for some reason? its been like these since almost a fortnight now...

same problem.

thinkingdigit

Broken In

guys...i got problem .....I FORGOT MA DATAONE PASSWORD>>>OH MAN....
......i am so very gone.......newayz is there any way to recover it anyhow....???????:-? :confused: :-?

Top Bottom