** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
Urgent help needed!!

i got my phone bill, i find that i hav been charged 2000/- as the modem sale price :shock: is that the right price? i knew that the price was 1200/-
plz reply fast

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
drgrudge said:
It has been raining quite heavily in my place, now do anyone experience a slight fall in the BW? Or maybe my torrents health was not good enough :|

well.. last week it rained here for 4-5 dasy at a stretch (coz of a low pressure trough over bay of bengal) and throughout this period my connection went through ups and downs... that is, sometimes it worked well and sometimestimes the connection seemed to be dead...at times i could not connect even

raj14

In Deniel
Yes in fact i did! the speed was incredibly slow, it was like surfing on Dial-Up. thankfully it got fixed.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
@achacko: that is perfectly possible. There is no relation between userid and telephne no, except that of billing. Any userid can be used from any telephone no. I wish that BSNL should rectify this asap, using the same technology of CLI based internet.

@raj14: It is illegal ofcourse, but not impossible. BSNL says so as to avoid id theft. I know several ppl using ids registred with other telephone nos.

@Generic SuperHero: The modem price varies from Rs. 1200/- to Rs. 2000. Depends on modem type. What type so you have ? A usb or a nic ?
Have a look at here for comparison between 4 types of modems
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

chatterjeesayan

Broken In
I can't open 192.168.1.1.is it working for you now?Please let me know more about it.

I can't also open *10.240.128.195 for checking my bandwidth usage.
I enabled coockie in my browser.

coolblue

Broken In
Hmm...I use Dataone broadband on my Kubuntu linux and have never had any problems. The connection automatically gets turned on at bootup and it stays on......plus the connection is MUCH FASTER in kubuntu linux than in windows 98 (which my bro uses and is so disappointed with its speed).
In Kubuntu the speed often goes upto 70kbps or more!

And in Kubuntu, I didn't even have to install a SINGLE thing...not even the need to pop in that stupid broadband cd or install that pppoe stuff.....All that was needed was my username & password:)

Last but not the least, even if u DON'T have a hard disk inside ur PC, u can still go online and surf & chat!! Yeah thats possible with linux livecds like knoppix etc.......the pc boots from the CD and u get a working linux OS, as long as the CD is in the cdrom drive. Livecds are perfect for trying out linux and for data recovery if ur pc won't boot.

Try it once:)

Charley

Just Do It
tarey_g said:
I used my frnd's id from my line , that too when he was already logged on to the net thru his id , so two users online at the sametime with one id.

desertwind said:
@achacko: that is perfectly possible. There is no relation between userid and telephne no, except that of billing. Any userid can be used from any telephone no.

M8's,

Pls tell me the procedure on configuring the other id and using it quickly before those BSNL dudes stop it.:)

q3_abhi

Youngling
2 Am to 8 Am are free hours that is only the upload/download limit wont b counted? ????

And phone meter will go on as it is???

How much Rs it costs an hour?????

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
HAS ANYONE faced this problem?

on sundays the speed is terribly slow or sometimes it gets connected but no data transfer at all. and

on week days suppoose i use the net for like 2-3 hrs and idsconnect or stay idle for like 10 mins or so replying to mails, it doesnt connect after that. i sometimes hfta to retart my system to connect but still no data transfer. so i haveto wait for like next day to connect again.

also how do i access dataone on my mandrake linux?? it shows my modem as new uknown harware. how to install??

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
coolblue said:
Hmm...I use Dataone broadband on my Kubuntu linux and have never had any problems. The connection automatically gets turned on at bootup and it stays on......plus the connection is MUCH FASTER in kubuntu linux than in windows 98 (which my bro uses and is so disappointed with its speed).
In Kubuntu the speed often goes upto 70kbps or more!Try it once:)

Kubuntu linux!!!!! i heard of Ubuntu linux but never Kubuntu linux. seems like made by ekkta Kkapoor . Next Version will be 'Kkbuntu LinuKs' ;)

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
coolblue said:
In Kubuntu the speed often goes upto 70kbps or more!

And in Kubuntu, I didn't even have to install a SINGLE thing...not even the need to pop in that stupid broadband cd or install that pppoe stuff.....All that was needed was my username & password:)

Last but not the least, even if u DON'T have a hard disk inside ur PC, u can still go online and surf & chat!! Yeah thats possible with linux livecds like knoppix etc.......the pc boots from the CD and u get a working linux OS, as long as the CD is in the cdrom drive. Livecds are perfect for trying out linux and for data recovery if ur pc won't boot.

Try it once:)
C'mon, who are you kidding!?! 70KBps? I assume that you don't mean Kilobits (denoted by the small b, but rather KiloBytes (large B). If you are trying to say that you get a constant download speed of 70KBps (P2P is not a valid reference tool, as many of them usually show ridiculous speeds when multiple downloads are in progress. I have seen 15KBPS speeds being reported on dial-up connections), and I mean constant, not data bursts (the sudden burst of speed you sometimes get when downloading, usually when you start a download, these go up to 150KBps on my DataOne 256), you are not on a 256Kbps connection.

Linux in not God, it can’t pull miracles. There is only so much you can do at the client end to increase your speed. The theoretical limit of a 256Kbps connection is around 32KBps downstream (256/8). And you don’t need to install pppoe on WinXP either, just specify a broadband connection and give your username and password, Win98 is so old that it is retarded for today’s tech. Linux/Win2k/WinXP will be better than 98 for bb, as they have a better TCP/IP stack.

Retro

Journeyman
AlphaOmega said:
you are not on a 256Kbps connection.
Wasn't that obvious. He probably is on a 512Kbps and BSNL does provide upto 2 Mbps.

On Sundays, the speed is supposed to be slow, I guess. But maybe not to extents you mention as max people use Dataone on a sunday.

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Retro said:
AlphaOmega said:
you are not on a 256Kbps connection.
Wasn't that obvious. He probably is on a 512Kbps and BSNL does provide upto 2 Mbps.

On Sundays, the speed is supposed to be slow, I guess. But maybe not to extents you mention as max people use Dataone on a sunday.

Nope, I still think he is on a 256Kbps connection, otherwise why would he be so excited about getting 70KBPs on a 512Kbps connection? That would be well within the norms. He is trying to show the hyper-speed that he gets on Linux.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
tarey_g said:
Kubuntu linux!!!!! i heard of Ubuntu linux but never Kubuntu linux. seems like made by ekkta Kkapoor . Next Version will be 'Kkbuntu LinuKs' ;)

Well, ignorance is no crime.
get more details here

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
achacko@dataone.in said:
tarey_g said:
I used my frnd's id from my line , that too when he was already logged on to the net thru his id , so two users online at the sametime with one id.

desertwind said:
@achacko: that is perfectly possible. There is no relation between userid and telephne no, except that of billing. Any userid can be used from any telephone no.

M8's,

Pls tell me the procedure on configuring the other id and using it quickly before those BSNL dudes stop it.:)

refer to my post regarding this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=269126#269126

Poltergeist

Broken In
I am facing a problem accesing the BSNL dataone connection.I can acess for 5-10 minutes and then the connection goes down.I need to switch off the modem and switch it back on again so i can surf for another 5-10 minutes.Why is this happening,it was working fine a day ago.The colour of my link indicator changes from orange to green.

Charley

Just Do It
desertwind said:
achacko@dataone.in said:
tarey_g said:

desertwind said:

M8's,

refer to my post regarding this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=269126#269126

Doesnt work, the light keeps glowing from green to red.

Top Bottom