** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
UPDATE : I downloaded 7.2 gb (6gb Fup) and then manually reset the modem . Then when I opened any website it redirected me to some bsnl page saying you have crossed your FUP limit and gave me 2 options : Pay more and get high speed or Continue with low speed. I clicked low speed and got a HTTP 500 error from the server .... I tried same thing in the morning and no error this time and it said reset modem to continue in low speed . I did that and its working fine now (with crappy 512 kbps).

amjath

Human Spambot
Maybe you will go near the building but then CHICKEN OUT AFTERWARDS ...

BTW I have already download something like 7 GB in 2 days and have not got that pop up [MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION] was referring to . Whats going on ??

Till yesterday I didnt get any redirect page. I only download ~3.5 gb so far in 2 days. Will check today after I reach home

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Refer to this :
*broadbandforum.co/posts/842581/

and as per the source yes, they are going to charge more.
But if I choose the option of running within the crappy 512kbps bandwidth,and not choose to increase in my speed,still then would BSNL charge more????????????????

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Its same as airtel smartbytes. Recharge and get bandwidth for pre-fup speed

At least from October 1st 2014 onwards, the BBG Combo ULD1425 plan has 4Mbps till 20GB(FUP) then 512kbps........................unlimited,which I have chosen.:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Already passed the FUP limit of 8GB and now Total Volume in Traffic(Upload/Download) is 9300MB.

No sh!t pop-ups or whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest speed test result :--->
*www.speedtest.net/result/3780411287.png

Judge for Yourselves @TDF ,Friends.

amjath

Human Spambot
As many people know that I was so obsessed with getting rid of my BSNL broadband connection. After thinking long and hard, I have some plans and need suggestion for it.

TataDocomo line from neighbour is stable but when I tested his line post FUP it took too much time to open Speedtest page [Nothing is running in background]
Pings are also looks bad. As far as BSNL is concerned in my locality, they have good repo. Tickets gets resolved in a day. Reconnection after late bill payment is faster. So here are some calculations.

If I go with Docomo line,
Tata Docomo Connection Plan = 1099+ tax
BSNL Line downgarde to lowest plan = ~150 + tax
Total Damages for me = 1249 + Tax

If I upgrade to New BSNL promotional plan ULD1445
*www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_plans_less_speed.html

It will be 1445+tax

Do you guys think ~1650 per month is justified for broadband.

WHat is this promotional offer means? I can continue this plan and not forced to change my plan?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Do you guys think ~1650 per month is justified for broadband.

WHat is this promotional offer means? I can continue this plan and not forced to change my plan?
To me even 5k per month is justified, if it's true unlimited broadband.
But that plan has 2 mbps for up to 20 GB, and then it's 1 mbps, I think that's good from BSNL's POV, but certainly not my. Also it's not 2 mbps either, it'll be around 1.7-1.8 mbps, whatever. That FUP limit is too low, but well you'll have to do with that.
I say get that plan, unless you can find a better, and more importantly a stable and consistent connection in your area, in my place there's none other than cables, which are not steady or dependable, if at all.

amjath

Human Spambot
To me even 5k per month is justified, if it's true unlimited broadband.
But that plan has 2 mbps for up to 20 GB, and then it's 1 mbps, I think that's good from BSNL's POV, but certainly not my. Also it's not 2 mbps either, it'll be around 1.7-1.8 mbps, whatever. That FUP limit is too low, but well you'll have to do with that.
I say get that plan, unless you can find a better, and more importantly a stable and consistent connection in your area, in my place there's none other than cables, which are not steady or dependable, if at all.

About this

amjath

Human Spambot
I raised a request for plan change yesterday night 12o clock :p how many days it will take to approve my request.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Request made on portal did not work for me. Had to visit exchange to submit written request. The plan got changed on the next day [ checked on portal at 2AM ] and got the confirmation SMS a little later.

BTW, BSNL charged security deposit of 1 month for plan change, is this OK ?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hello all,

I am on home unltd 800 plan (1MBPS unltd, FUP 6GB. 512kbps after 6GB). I crossed the FUP limit recently and I am getting this page from BSNL saying to buy topup and continue at the same speed or decline the topup option and continue at low speed. I clicked on decline but no page is opening. Whenever I try to open any website, it redirects me to the above page. What is the resolution for this? Cannot I continue for the remainder of the month at low speed?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I have reset my wifi router and the page is not coming anymore.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Request made on portal did not work for me. Had to visit exchange to submit written request. The plan got changed on the next day [ checked on portal at 2AM ] and got the confirmation SMS a little later.

BTW, BSNL charged security deposit of 1 month for plan change, is this OK ?

Yes. That is their normal practice.

BhargavJ

In the zone
I currently have the Rs. 500 plan, where you have 2.5 GBs of free download, and earlier had unlimited night downloads. I'm switching to an unlimited ULD plan, "BBG ULD 795", given here:

*www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_plans_less_speed.html

Anyone who's using this plan: apart from the 795 rupees, how much extra in taxes do you have to pay?

Was going to ditch BSNL, but don't see what alternative there is. Live in Gandhinagar, Gujarat; if anyone knows of a good plan available in this city, below Rs. 1000, please do tell.

Top Bottom