picture and music manager software

bubusam13

Human
Hi, In my system, lots of pictures are saved here and there. It would be a very cumbersome process if it have to search them manually. I even forgot in which folder what images are.

I want a program to search my entire computer for images and display it. I want the program to recognise variety of image formats, jpeg, tiff, svg, gif etc etc. Pls suggest one. Pls try to suggest one with less size so that I can save on downloads.

Same for music too.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Picasa for images

and maybe iTunes for Music? Not Sure.

*techtites.com/2009/01/12/ten-completely-free-software-to-manage-your-movies-and-music/

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
use paid softwares like ACDSee - best or free alternative like Xnview .. for music try Foobar2000.

gameranand

Living to Play
As for Pictures Picasa does the job although I do miss some features. For Music nothing beats Mediamonkey for me. Near Perfect. :)

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Thanks for your suggestions all. I dont like Picasa though, I will try Xnview.
Mediamonkey I have used. I am facing some problem since it displays the Track name and not file name. And windows display the file name.

e.g. ''Track01_lucky_kabhi.mp3'' is the file name but mediamonkey displays it as ''Kabhi aisa lagta hai- Lucky Ali'' which is the track name. I want it to display the file name.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah well that can be solved. You just have to right click on the Title or any column, Select filename and then drag it to front, I mean the first and there you have it. It will display filename for you. :)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Thanks for your suggestions all. I dont like Picasa though, I will try Xnview.
Mediamonkey I have used. I am facing some problem since it displays the Track name and not file name. And windows display the file name.

e.g. ''Track01_lucky_kabhi.mp3'' is the file name but mediamonkey displays it as ''Kabhi aisa lagta hai- Lucky Ali'' which is the track name. I want it to display the file name.

All the players display Title not the file name.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
I need a manager basically that search all my drives and shows me the music files so that I donot have to open each and every folders separately. Sometime I even forget in which folder what songs are.

So if its a player, its just an added functionality for me ;)

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
yes will try. Approaching download limit. So have to download in office.
Damn I m missing my BSNL EVDO unlimited :( :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 more music manager apps I can suggest are :
Jaangle - highly recommended ;-) , Helium Music Manager and MP3 Organizer Pro.

gameranand

Living to Play
I need a manager basically that search all my drives and shows me the music files so that I donot have to open each and every folders separately. Sometime I even forget in which folder what songs are.

So if its a player, its just an added functionality for me ;)
Mediamonkey does that + it shows the file name after some minor tweaking. :)

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Thank you guys... else i will get confused.
Is there any app that automatically searches and add album art.. And also some software that can add track because many files I have, have only file names like track01.mp3, rohit_fav1.mp3. Thay dont have track name and I dont know which album they are from.
I can manually recognise tracks using TrackID app in my phone but I need some PC software that automatically does it. and add track names.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well thats what Title is for. As for Album Title, mediamonkey can search for you but you have to do it manually and if you make it automatic it may make a mess. :(

Top Bottom