picture and music manager software

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Thank you guys... else i will get confused.
Is there any app that automatically searches and add album art.. And also some software that can add track because many files I have, have only file names like track01.mp3, rohit_fav1.mp3. Thay dont have track name and I dont know which album they are from.
I can manually recognise tracks using TrackID app in my phone but I need some PC software that automatically does it. and add track names.

Even J River media centre does adds TrackID after you let it search from net.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ what are you talking about ??

@ Op - did you try the app I've suggested on post #17

gameranand

Living to Play
I know what ID3 tag is but does J River fills the tags by analyzing the content or by some other method. Say I have a file with just a file name Track1.mp3 and there is nothing more in the tag then how exactly J River will fill the tags ??

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

I was replying to gameranand :).

I know what ID3 tag is but does J River fills the tags by analyzing the content or by some other method. Say I have a file with just a file name Track1.mp3 and there is nothing more in the tag then how exactly J River will fill the tags ??

You itself gave the answer. "Analyzing the content". J River matches a part of the song with some online source ad then updates it ID3 tags. But this process may fail for some very old hindi song which has very rare existence.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
What does TrackID does exactly ???

TrackID is a app in Sony Android phones. You start the app and place your phone near to any playing song, any language. And it recognises which song, album and artist. It comes handy when you hear some song in TV, radio, party etc and you donno what song it is.

It actually records a 10 sec sample of the song and search the internet for matching frequency.

@ Op - did you try the app I've suggested on post #17

So many suggestions. Post 17 is yet to come. But Jaangle seems promising :)

ok Guys suggest me 1 thing. Off topic. My 4.1 system went bad and sound is not clear in left side. What should I buy, altec lansing vs2621 or FnD a520. I like Tight bass. Or should I go for 5.1. No budget. But don't wanna spend much.

----------------------------------------
Ok just checked online, J river looks polished, nice and Jaangle is simple and full of functionalists. But, does they display file names ?
Media monkey is good but not look as polished as j river.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
A520 has got good bass as per reviews. Cheapest "good" 5.1 is logitech 506 @ ~5k.

But, does they display file names ?

Whichever player you use, it will always display the "title", not the file name. File name will only be displayed if the title is blank.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
^^ mediamonkey also displays filename. I one used a Good Player named Musicmatch Jukebox. It have the option to display filename too
A520 bass is boomy as per review.

gameranand

Living to Play
Thanks for the info. I also have to use Jriver then to fill the tags.

As for speakers A520 is a real nice speakers. Bass is good and all, worth the money and better then those 2000INR 2.1 speakers. :)

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Tried J River and its feature of analysing the content and filling the tags and let me tell ya that its hardly of any use. I analysed like 20-30 tracks and it was able to fill up just one song. Really terrible. I am better with my Media Monkey. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
No. I don't have to I am better with Media Monkey. Do tell if there are some rare features in Musicbee. I might give it a shot. :)

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
I am using Jaikoz, it works. Its trial version cleans 20 tracks at a go. Then close and restart the software. Its nice, though not as simple and automated as I wanted, it does the job. You can try Tagalicious which seems very very easy but works along with iTunes. Check that.

Alien

Journeyman
@gameranand
Sorry, that question was directed at OP. I should have made it clear. Mediamonkey is very good too. In fact both are very similar. If you are happy with either one you might not want to change to the other.

Top Bottom