PC Buying Guide - July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

venram87700

Learnin in progress
Hey Guys ive Posted the pics of my rig just follow the link to see them

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclock...ing-my-brand-spankin-new-rig.html#post1444890

CHEERS !!!!!!!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Hey Guys ive Posted the pics of my rig just follow the link to see them

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclock...ing-my-brand-spankin-new-rig.html#post1444890

CHEERS !!!!!!!!

This is a general discussion thread. Please dont post links which are off-topic here.
Thanks

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
Hi frnd the price quoted in this thread is very much lower than actual market price for example smc's price for razer cyclosa gaming bundle is 2699, itwares price for fsp saga 500w psu is 2300. There may be some guys like me in this forum which belongs to rural area, who can get these produts from online purchasing only(in my area u can find only iball cabinate with inbuild psu & intex speakars n according to retaliers in my area these products are best). So it is my humble request that please include the online price from only reputed websites and along with this also tell us which website is quoting lowest price for perticular product

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi frnd the price quoted in this thread is very much lower than actual market price for example smc's price for razer cyclosa gaming bundle is 2699, itwares price for fsp saga 500w psu is 2300. There may be some guys like me in this forum which belongs to rural area, who can get these produts from online purchasing only(in my area u can find only iball cabinate with inbuild psu & intex speakars n according to retaliers in my area these products are best). So it is my humble request that please include the online price from only reputed websites and along with this also tell us which website is quoting lowest price for perticular product

actually smc had saga II 500 in stock for 2k. but now removed!
FSP No Stock

all prices are from smc or theitwares or primeabgb.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I know tables look good, but here, with so many tables, it looks all mashed up like potatoes, I mean the first page.

We need to do something about it, cuz it isn't a stand-out, I mean attractive to the eye at all.

Any ideas? Mods got any special tools for this? Some table with thinner lines or bigger sized tables?

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
all right buddy - you've got the green signal ;-)

thanks buddy :)

I know tables look good, but here, with so many tables, it looks all mashed up like potatoes, I mean the first page.

We need to do something about it, cuz it isn't a stand-out, I mean attractive to the eye at all.

Any ideas? Mods got any special tools for this? Some table with thinner lines or bigger sized tables?

hmm, you are right.

ok then everyone post ideas on how to make the front page look nice.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Its just for reference. If a person needs a better cabinet, then we can suggest that in his/her thread.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Haf 912 has problems incorporating large cards. Interferes with hdd cages.
Can anyone measure the distance of the hdd cage of K62 and rear pci bracket? And also you can't slid the card in at an angle by putting the front of the card through the hdd cage first cause modern pci slots require the card to be pushed in vertically.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Officially its 290mm. If you need finer measurements, then wait a couple of days. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
The first PCI-x slot can take cards up to 440mm long. So in a single card config no problem, but SLI is out of question.

Here's the official pic:-

*www.lancoolpc.com/tw/product/upload/image/k62/pc-k62-f.jpg

In any case, if we are spending almost 50-60k for graphics alone, its better to go for a full tower case.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
ok then everyone post ideas on how to make the front page look nice.

anyone?

guys whats difference b/w WLED and LED?
IN2030M 50.8cm (20 inch) W HD Monitor with LED | Dell India
IN2020M 50.8cm (20 inch) HD Monitor with LED | Dell India
both 6k.

Dell IN2030M 50.8cm (20 inch) W HD Monitor with LED --Free Shipp
2020 was previously 6.2k at smc. now not mentioned.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Divide the First post in 4 different posts :

First post will contain the Links to the config pages and names of the contributors.
Second Post will contain 20-40k configs - 5 in Total
Third Post Will Contain 50-85k configs - 4 in total
Fourth Post will contain 100k-135k configs - 3 in total

ask ico to insert 3 blank posts after the first one on the 1st page

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WLED stands for - White LED is a cheaper technology and uses only white LED as the backlight and consumes less power than normal LED displays - on the other hand normal LED monitors uses of red, green, and blue Led as the backlight and can produce more accurate colors but it consumes more power as well - that's all I know .

One weird thing is the Wled monitor you mentioned has more power consumption compared to the normal LED monitor - it may be a typo on the webpage or may be not so it would be better if some other members can clarify the difference between WLED and normal LED ;-)

Cilus

laborare est orare
anyone?

guys whats difference b/w WLED and LED?
IN2030M 50.8cm (20 inch) W HD Monitor with LED | Dell India
IN2020M 50.8cm (20 inch) HD Monitor with LED | Dell India
both 6k.

Dell IN2030M 50.8cm (20 inch) W HD Monitor with LED --Free Shipp
2020 was previously 6.2k at smc. now not mentioned.

WLED stands for White LED and a normal LED stands for RGB LED. WLED is cheap to manufacture and are inferior than RGB LED displays. In LED back-lit displays the LED sensors are consisting of millions of light emitting element arrays and each of the array element produce all the color shades between black and white to back-lit the display. But in 1st generation LED displays which are also called WLED as the each of the array modules is consisting of a single light emitting sensors capable of generating white light and different shades of gray. As a result they are not able to generate exact white colors and actually produces different shades of yellow which is very close to white but bot white light, causing color Bleeding issues.

On the other hands, in RGBLED display, each of the array element is consisting of three light emitting sensors capable of generating three primary colors Red, Green and Blue respectively. Now the combination of these different intensities of three primary colors can produce much better shades and very near reproduction of white light. That's why RGB LEDs are better than WLED. But they consumes little more power than WLED as each array element is having 3 sensors.

WLED displays has found their path in Laptop LED displays as their manufacturing cost less and consumes less power. But if you are going for a desktop LED then RGB LED is the way to go.
WLED display.

Topgear sorry...didn't see your post.

tkin

Back to school!!
WLED stands for White LED and a normal LED stands for RGB LED. WLED is cheap to manufacture and are inferior than RGB LED displays. In LED back-lit displays the LED sensors are consisting of millions of light emitting element arrays and each of the array element produce all the color shades between black and white to back-lit the display. But in 1st generation LED displays which are also called WLED as the each of the array modules is consisting of a single light emitting sensors capable of generating white light and different shades of gray. As a result they are not able to generate exact white colors and actually produces different shades of yellow which is very close to white but bot white light, causing color Bleeding issues.

On the other hands, in RGBLED display, each of the array element is consisting of three light emitting sensors capable of generating three primary colors Red, Green and Blue respectively. Now the combination of these different intensities of three primary colors can produce much better shades and very near reproduction of white light. That's why RGB LEDs are better than WLED. But they consumes little more power than WLED as each array element is having 3 sensors.

WLED displays has found their path in Laptop LED displays as their manufacturing cost less and consumes less power. But if you are going for a desktop LED then RGB LED is the way to go.
WLED display.

Topgear sorry...didn't see your post.
^^ Nice write up, one question, does all manufacturers list the LED type in their monitor specification page? Cause I didn't remember seeing any, I think they put only LED for RGB LED and WLED for white led.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom