Overheating problems

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@se7en_sg
but dust ll be a big problem sor such setup. U should clean the fan blades nd Gcard fans at least every 2~3 weeks. There are long soft brizled brushes nd u can use one of them.
And cover the screws with tapw which cud touch the mobo circuits.

And dun mind those LEDs nd transparent cables in that pic. They just add some bling bling[really its not meant for that purpose, but it works gr8].
*tinyurl.com/22dqea

slyfox

Broken In
i hv an intel d946gzis mobo. recently i decided 2 upgrade tp 965 p series. but i found that doesnt hv an integrated graphics. i hv decided to buy a graphics card later. so when i installed the 946 mobo again, it is booting properly but after 2-3 min. it is shutting down automatically. next time on booting its showing system shut down due to overheating. what may hv happened n what 2 do??

Last edited:

kayos

Boy Waiting To Be A Man!!
^^a problem with heatsink i guess.. dislocated it maybe...
u ll need to to reset it on mobo...
if u r new to it get it done by an expert... did u check the fans are working fine..??

i had a similar problem 4-5 years back when i used 865 mobo.. i changed my smps and it worked fine..
this cud also be the reason ...

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I used arctic cooling's MX-2 for my E6600 at 3.0Ghz and the results were amazing.
Without MX-2
29C at Idle and 51C on Load
With MX-2
18-19C at Idle and 34C on Load

*img299.imageshack.us/img299/3941/torturecg9.jpg

quan chi

mortal kombat
guys in some forum i have read that 7300gt does not require external power supply.it draws all the power from the motherboard.

what does this mean does this mean it has nothing to do with the smps.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^it just means it gets all its power from pci-e slot(it can supply about 90watt power iirc) and nothing else.It_has_to_do_with_smps.

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
@ Harvik
Can you give few tips on MX2

1) How many days should I let it run before using it
2) How do you remove the paste....any chemicals other than the paste remover or just Tissue Paper

THX

Please reply soon

Last edited:

axxo

99.9% Idle
My PC is running like hot owen..@ idle 57-60C

I found the problem to be with heat sink..not spreading the heat properly i tried using artic silver 5 no use..

now i need to replace this stock heat sink + fan..

suggest me a good heat sink + fan /cooler for my E2160..budget < 1000

Thx.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
@ Harvik
Can you give few tips on MX2

1) How many days should I let it run before using it
2) How do you remove the paste....any chemicals other than the paste remover or just Tissue Paper

THX

Please reply soon

1. I did not understand what is meant. MX-2 does not have running in / breaking in period and is fully functional from the time of installation. ( but actually I have seen a further drop of ~1C after few days)

2. Removal is easier in the case of MX-2 since unless other compounds, it remains relatively soft and do not set hard. Easily removed using Isopropyl alcohol which is available with Lab suppliers or druggists.

Visitor
Well i'm using a Quad core q6600 and i'm planning to overclock it to 3.0Ghz presently running at 45C. Can anyone recommd a good cpu cooller my budget is 2500Rs.

Also i read that we have to clean the insides of our power supplies once in a while, but i have a warranty sticker outside that'll tear if i open it, will it be a problem. There is loads of dust inside :)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Well i'm using a Quad core q6600 and i'm planning to overclock it to 3.0Ghz presently running at 45C. Can anyone recommd a good cpu cooller my budget is 2500Rs.

Also i read that we have to clean the insides of our power supplies once in a while, but i have a warranty sticker outside that'll tear if i open it, will it be a problem. There is loads of dust inside :)

1. Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme ~Rs.2600/- + Scythe sFlex 120mm fan ~Rs.800/- Total ~ 3400/-
or Thermalright Ultima-90I ~ Rs.2200/- + Scythe Kama 90mm fan Rs.650/- Total ~ Rs. 2850
or Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Cooler w/ 92mm fan Rs.1750/-
(all available from KMD and probably from Prime)
2. You can use a blower rather than opening it.

Last edited:

Visitor
Wow thats alot, sorry for my ignorance what is KMD?? Also using heavy CPU Coolers wont damage my motherboard right??

Where can i get the BLower for cleaning my PSU??

Visitor
Also one more thing what tool should i use if i want to cut a piece of metal of my cabinet. i want to run my cable behind the motherboard to help airflow

Top Bottom