Overheating problems

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Also one more thing what tool should i use if i want to cut a piece of metal of my cabinet. i want to run my cable behind the motherboard to help airflow

Plasma Cutter - for best finish :D:D:D

Well i'm using a Quad core q6600 and i'm planning to overclock it to 3.0Ghz presently running at 45C. Can anyone recommd a good cpu cooller my budget is 2500Rs.

Also i read that we have to clean the insides of our power supplies once in a while, but i have a warranty sticker outside that'll tear if i open it, will it be a problem. There is loads of dust inside :)

Use water cooling.
Can easily use CM Aquagate mini R80, 12.
Q6600 generates more heat than any other processor on the block (like the lowest priced quad core really needs power) Anyways Hyper 48 is what i am using and its pretty good.
Zalman CNPS 9700,9500 are the best air-cooling options!

Last edited:

Visitor
Pasma cutter :) cool now where am i supposed to dig out that from :) No seriosuly i really wanted to cut some place out of my motherboard tray so that i can pass wires from behind.

And well i'm kinda scared about water cooling, one i never tried it, second its supposed to be expensive right. Thats why i was looking at air cooling options.

After all this i really would like to get some uv tubes

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Try finding a "dremel" or get this for all your cutting and drilling work *www.telebrandsindia.com/Telebrands India - Rotomatic.asp

For cpu cooler try to get what janitha has suggested and no those cooler won't damage your mobo. I am myself using this cooler for my C2D *www.sidewindercomputers.com/enulforamatf.html

And yeah plasma cutter would be great :D

Last edited:

Visitor
Hmm liked the drill, going to get it. About the cpu cooler link, is it ok to get the product shipped from there, means what about any damage or are indian customs?? i really need a cooler like those

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Wow this CPU cooler is cool! Looking sweet!
But never heard about that "Enzotech"

Whats wrong into Zalman CNPS?
And CM Hyper 48!
There are few good options from Cooler Master, besides Cooler Master has no warranty issues!
Sphere, Gemini,Gemini S, Hyper TX, Hyper TX2 etc. are good offerings from Cooler Master!

axxo

99.9% Idle
Hi
I have decided on this cooler @ Rs.1750/-
*c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/35-186-134-01.jpg
worth? my bugget <2k

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
No problem getting the cooler from sidewindercomputers. Many of the forum have bought from them including me. It takes about 15-20 days atmost to reach you.

@keith
This enzotech is rated amoung the top with thermalright, in terms of performance. The base is mirror polished and also can be fitted with lots of socket and arctic silver thermal paste is included in the package. Here is the review I had written *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63490

@axxo
I had a arctic freezer pro cooler for AMD and you can't go wrong with their product. The build quality and the price to performance ratio is excellent. And for you budget it's a very good choice.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
why not get the hyper 6 for 2.5k? its lot better than this one and can be connected with two 120mm fans for very gud cooling.
*therespawn.com/oscart/images/h6.jpg

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Wow seriously! I never knew that this cooler is good with overclockers.
Let me just change my system and i will post some overclocking benchmarks with hyper 48!

why not get the hyper 6 for 2.5k? its lot better than this one and can be connected with two 120mm fans for very gud cooling.
*therespawn.com/oscart/images/h6.jpg

Dude this is aluminum, right? SO where is this compared to a copper cooler!
Seriously with 2X120mm fans this must be a heck noisy and more power eater!
Are there any benchmarks?

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Wow seriously! I never knew that this cooler is good with overclockers.
Let me just change my system and i will post some overclocking benchmarks with hyper 48!

Dude this is aluminum, right? SO where is this compared to a copper cooler!
Seriously with 2X120mm fans this must be a heck noisy and more power eater!
Are there any benchmarks?

This is one of the few fully copper coolers, but heaviest also!

For review, benchmarks etc, see-
*www.tomshardware.com/2004/04/28/coolermaster_hyper_6/

BTW, it seems to be a very old model. (4 years)

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
best cooler on the block is the thermalright ultra 120...its 60$ on newegg...arround 2500Rs...the thermalright ultra 120 EXTREME is even better..although a little more expensive...if u definately gota go under 2500RS then the best thing wud be tuniq tower 120...its jus 2% worse tan the thermalright

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Speaking of heating. Check this heat:
DUAL SOCKET INTEL
*technewstime.com/gadgets-gizmos-ne...h-skulltrail-gives-it-an-incredibly-dull-name

tech_lover

Journeyman
My Western Digital IDE HDD on my old PC, Sempron 2.53GHz is running above 63*C. Getting a constant warning from diskcheckup and HDTune. what should i do to cool this. even opening the cabinet is not having any effect. Pls help. Hard disk health is showing 89 out of 100 and all SMART readings seem to be normal.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
My Western Digital IDE HDD on my old PC, Sempron 2.53GHz is running above 63*C. Getting a constant warning from diskcheckup and HDTune. what should i do to cool this. even opening the cabinet is not having any effect. Pls help. Hard disk health is showing 89 out of 100 and all SMART readings seem to be normal.

Try to install a front inlet fan blowing towards the HDD and there will be considerable reduction in temperature.

monkey

Padawan
People needing some comparison of CPU coolers may see this page: *www.tomshardware.com/2008/02/20/cpu_cooler_charts_2008/index.html

Very startling revelations to be seen here!!!

tech_lover

Journeyman
Try to install a front inlet fan blowing towards the HDD and there will be considerable reduction in temperature.

Thanks, but a slight problem. I dont know how to host a front fan. Any site/place where I can read/see the instructions? And since the front is fully blocked, where will it get the air from? No inlet below HDD. Will removing the floppy drive create the opening? Can you suggest?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
People needing some comparison of CPU coolers may see this page: *www.tomshardware.com/2008/02/20/cpu_cooler_charts_2008/index.html

Very startling revelations to be seen here!!!

Yes, it is something to be read before taking a decision. Even reputed brands performing poor. ( and that too, newer products)

Thanks, but a slight problem. I dont know how to host a front fan. Any site/place where I can read/see the instructions? And since the front is fully blocked, where will it get the air from? No inlet below HDD. Will removing the floppy drive create the opening? Can you suggest?

Yes, that is a problem for most cabs. My Antec can house two 80mm ones that too very easiy. (no screws etc) Newer cabs accommodate three 120mm ones. (eg. CM690)

Last edited:
Top Bottom