Overheating problems

sukesh1090

Adam young
kombustor doesn't stress your gfx correctly.when i overclocked my card kombustor was running well for hours but while playing crysis2,black ops it was crashing.i guess kombustor is only made for checking the temps at load.

vivekbhujbal

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,
Please help me out with this.
I have a P4 - INTEL 945 glvg motherboard with an INTEL 3.2ghz Mp running on it. Its codename being smithfield. I had a problem recently with my heatsink fan, One of the plastic clip teeth broke. Hence making me unable to fix it in its place.
I tried hard but could not get an optional clip for my fan.
Then I purchased an AVC fan for my processor.
Its installed and working fine but now there is a problem-
My PC abruptly shuts down,
Then when i start it again it gives a beeping sound and starts giving a message "CPU was shutdown due to thermal overheating." Guys I have tried fixing this problem over and over again by re installing the fan.
But the problem persists.
I doubt this is due to the additional back clip which is made up of steel, Maybe because the previous heatsink had a push and turn type clip. This new steel back clip may be generating more heat from behind. what do you all say? what must be the problem. plz help me out!!!!!
I have got many projects to be completed and this CPU just refuses to take load.....

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
@vivekbhujbal - heating won't be due to the back plate steel but i guess while re-fitting the new heat sink you might haven't applied the thermal paste properly !!
just try applying it again properly
also post the temp. after you start up the pc !!

vivekbhujbal

Right off the assembly line
@vivekbhujbal - heating won't be due to the back plate steel but i guess while re-fitting the new heat sink you might haven't applied the thermal paste properly !!
just try applying it again properly
also post the temp. after you start up the pc !!

@JERRIN_ss5;
Thank you for your useful suggestion I re installed the heat-sink, but this time with an original replacement (INTEL_),n now its working cool...
Though i think my PC has become very delicate.... to handle :(

Even now it restarts if I start the Slideshow of a .pptx file(micosoft office 2010) which I have prepared for a presentation.
Don't know why, maybe its not being able to support slide transitions properly but rest is fine no probs at all. :))
The CPU temp also came down........drastically. Thanks..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the restarting can be caused by ram modules - check those using memtest app.

BTW, can you post the idle and load temps of the cpu ??

Scott274

Broken In
I just downloaded and installed RM Clock, heard it can make quite a difference in the CPU temp. But there doesn't seem to be any difference in the CPU temp even after install. Do I need to change any settings in RM clock, will doing that be safe! I have Intel Pentium 4 Prescott 2.40 GHz CPU & this is how my RM clock looks..

*img133.imagevenue.com/loc54/th_523735810_RMClock11_6_2011_1.31.23AM_122_54lo.jpg *img258.imagevenue.com/loc417/th_523737731_RMClock11_6_2011_1.35.50AM_122_417lo.jpg *img160.imagevenue.com/loc465/th_523740961_RMClock11_6_2011_1.36.30AM_122_465lo.jpg
*img296.imagevenue.com/loc212/th_523744416_RMClock11_6_2011_1.37.04AM_122_212lo.jpg

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
Hi people!
SO recently I was using adobe after effects. And I enabled multiprocessing so all 4 of my cores could be used.
My CPU usage went up to 100% ( I am using i5 2500).
I checked the temps and the max temps were about 72 C. IS this alright for a processor on 100% load and on stock colling? Also when I stopped after effects, the temps went back down to 39-40 C.
IS this alright? And might I have screwed up my Processor? :/

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^

its a bit on higher side. Below 70c would be better. But absolutely nothing to worry about. These software are optimised to use multi core processors. Just check your cabinet for accumalated dust on processor fan.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
@Cool Comps, check your chassis for proper ventilation. Your lower temps are ~40c, in winter, the lower - the better

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
*i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/hgps/hgf.jpg

what is that temp3 in speed fan?

and can any1 confirm if psu voltages are normal?

specs are :
pentium D 2.8GHz
FX5500 256MB
1TB WD green+40GB IDE
ODD
256+512MB DDR1 RAM
450W hytech psu [19A on +12V]

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ use HWinfo to measure temps and volts ;-) - it's much more accurate and post a HWinfo screenshot.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if this the idle temp then the cpu temp is quite high considering the winter season -

AUX temp reading reading is not correct most of the time as hw monitoring apps reads it from an unassigned input and it can vary greatly from -20c to above 150c.

tell me waht mobo ( make and model ) and cabinet you have and with how many fans ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the load voltage is OK but if you have enabled speed step/C1E, TM features in bios the clock speed and voltage should throttle down a bit at idle state.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ D|C - 62C is the limit for 965BE cpus - you are using stock cooler , right ? but the temp should be a bit lower in winter season as on upcoming summer season the load temps will easily cross 62c - can you post a cpu-z screen shot and tell what app you are using to measure temps ?

aloodum

Journeyman
@ D|C - 62C is the limit for 965BE cpus - you are using stock cooler , right ? but the temp should be a bit lower in winter season as on upcoming summer season the load temps will easily cross 62c - can you post a cpu-z screen shot and tell what app you are using to measure temps ?

From my experience i can say AMD stock coolers are more affected by dirt than their intel counter parts even though AMD offers CPU heat pipe cooler for X4 phenoms and above.
The thinner gaps between the surface cause more accumulation dirt in a shorter period of time. :|

R

rickyponting

I am facing a problem in this forum. I am not allowed to put link on my signature. I have surpassed my threshold number of post that is needed to get signature. Could someone help me what's the problem?

Top Bottom