Overheating problems

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Most of the HDD has threshold temp of 46c ( some has 48c-50c though ) so 45c is hot enough - it's better to kep it under 40-42c.

@ Sathish - what's your temp reading now and is the problem solved I mean after removing the side panel and placing a table fan on the side of cabby.

post a screenshot of coretemp and hwmonitor @ both load and idle status.

Last edited:

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
first thanks for quick responses.

i am using speed fan 4.40 and asus probe II v. 04.72 ( it is very accurate) both indicate same temp.

(without using table fan)
idle > CPU 49'c, Motherboard : 43'c hdd; 42
while playing 'blur' > cpu 56'c motherboard : 48'c hdd 46'c

system actually works normal when after i removed the side panel and i placed a table fan. now motherboard temp maintained lessthan 39c.

one thing i forgot to tell : in between chasis and motherboard i have used only 2 screws instead of 9. is it lead to any overheat problem by MB accidently touching chasis's metal parts?~

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Please put in all 9 screws. Why you only used 2...weird..? Also, I hope the mother board is on the array of spacers..?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
your cpu temp @ load is just fine

though I would recommend you to use app like coretemp and hwmonitor to monitor temps more accurately.

As asigh said screw all the holes of the mobo - if your cabby has some kind of limitation then try to put at least 6 screws or mas much as you can.

BTW, which cabby do you have - if possible change to a better cabby like cm690 around 4k.

lpkvh08

Right off the assembly line
Someone plz help!!! XFX 9800GT 512MB GPU OCed @ 700/1800/940 running @ 105 deg celcius!!! I have decided to use the Zalman VF700Cu or VF2000. I don't know the cost and availability in Mangalore/Udupi region in Karnataka (even Bangalore will do). PLZ HELP!

PS:
You are welcome to suggest any other cooler for my card. My budget is 1.5k max...

Last edited:

mac555

Broken In
what software are you using to check the temp..and 105 is seriously high...is it during gaming or some gpu test....and have you checked your gpu fan,is it working properly....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ lpkvh08 - first of all do the things mentioned by mac and pulsar - if it's still not fixed and you wish to use this card then turn off the OC.

use app like GPU-Z to monitor temp and use furmark to post load temps :p

PCWizard shows false temp warning as far as I know ( as I've faced it )

Post your other HW details and the deatils about cabby like how many fans do you have ? their position and and direction.

lpkvh08

Right off the assembly line
i use MSI Afterburner to OC my card. It also displays temp n FPS.
i have an intake fan @ front, exhaust @ back, cabby panel is mostly kept open wen i play games, i cleaned out the card as u guys told. however, temp becomes normal (60-70 deg C load) wen i use it on default clock.
I'll post my cabby pics n the other details in two days or so...

gEEK001

Broken In
My friend uses Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4Ghz and its Idle temps r 60 degree celsius and load temps r 85 degree celsius! Whats the problem???????????????????

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Someone plz help!!! XFX 9800GT 512MB GPU OCed @ 700/1800/940 running @ 105 deg celcius!!! I have decided to use the Zalman VF700Cu or VF2000. I don't know the cost and availability in Mangalore/Udupi region in Karnataka (even Bangalore will do). PLZ HELP!

PS:
You are welcome to suggest any other cooler for my card. My budget is 1.5k max...

Those are really high temperatures. You must be insane to be running the accelerator at those temperatures. You stock ratings are: 600/1500/900. How did you achieve these speeds, have you over volted the card..? Also how old is the card. PLEASE do NOT run Furmark on your card with this OC profile mounted. It will immediately fizzle it out. It will shoot your card around 115-120C. Remove the OC, bring it to default, and tell us the temperatures using Furmark+GPU-Z, or Furmark+RivaTuner.

i use MSI Afterburner to OC my card. It also displays temp n FPS.
i have an intake fan @ front, exhaust @ back, cabby panel is mostly kept open wen i play games, i cleaned out the card as u guys told. however, temp becomes normal (60-70 deg C load) wen i use it on default clock.
I'll post my cabby pics n the other details in two days or so...
It is idling at what. 60 is fine, 70 is not. You mentioned a range to wide..?

My friend uses Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4Ghz and its Idle temps r 60 degree celsius and load temps r 85 degree celsius! Whats the problem???????????????????
What is the ambient temperatures...?

Nemes!s

Broken In
Hi
I have Sony Vaio laptop Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7100 1.80 GHz and its Idle temps r 60 degree celsius and load temps r 85 , no overclocking nothing , what to do ?

Room temp is normal around 30-32 Degrees....

Thanks

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
i have 1 week old pentium dual core E5300, i was on a tight budget so i bought it [now i am not happy with it :( ]

when it runs at stock 2.6GHz,
temp: 43-47'C on idle and 70'C on load [when i play GTA4] .

when i overclock to 3.01GHz [or even 3.4GHz] it gives 71-74'C when playing GTA4.

what is wrong with it? it heats up to 70'C+ even on stock speed.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
i have 1 week old pentium dual core E5300, i was on a tight budget so i bought it [now i am not happy with it :( ]

when it runs at stock 2.6GHz,
temp: 43-47'C on idle and 70'C on load [when i play GTA4] .

when i overclock to 3.01GHz [or even 3.4GHz] it gives 71-74'C when playing GTA4.

what is wrong with it? it heats up to 70'C+ even on stock speed.

Use Coretemp/RealTEMP/Everest Lavalys to cross reference the temperatures. Update your signature. How you OC'ing..?

Top Bottom