Overheating problems

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Heres the screenshot of core temp reading . In that Tj,max is shown as 100c (enough to boil water) :shock: is that a matter of concerned

Do not rely too much on the temperatures which BIOS show you. TJMax is the temperature at which your chip will start to throttle. It is 100C for your CPU. Download RealTEMP and Prime95, and do a full sensor test. Post a screen shot, where all the temperatures are shown with different load levels. You should get around 12 reading.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Ok here is the snapshot of K10STAT. This software hacks the Pstate settings of the CPU.

have you manually edited the p-State or was it a automatic process?

Toms Hardware published 2 articles on AMD cool & quite & tweaking. do read those, greatly helps tweaking p-State. still great man. good end results.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
I edited the Pstate values. I had to take the probable values from TOMHARDWARE. I had to do small adjustments and TADAAA. Its working.

To help the temps even more i plan to upgrade to bigger cabinet like ZEBBY REAPER or INVADER. But the same headache again i have to sell my CM Elite 310

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I edited the Pstate values. I had to take the probable values from TOMHARDWARE. I had to do small adjustments and TADAAA. Its working.

To help the temps even more i plan to upgrade to bigger cabinet like ZEBBY REAPER. But the same headache again i have to sell my CM Elite 310

thats why the software interface looked so familiar :smile:

also i think as you no longer using IGP, lower northbridge voltage more.

about cabby, Reaper good cabinet. just the fans are not so good.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
what are these p-states?

p-state are specific stages, in which depending on processor load, its speed + voltage is lowered to save power. usually default processor got 2 p-state. lets take Pulsar's X4 955. it got 2 p-State. first is the default state (3.2Ghz & stock voltage) & 2nd is AMD Cool & Quite(800Mhz & a much lower voltage). but what if you doing some light work, that needs speed above 800Mhz but much lower than 3.2Ghz? p-state comes in play. configure it according to your needs. simple :razz:

pulsar_swift

Youngling
buddy, check the snapshot of K10STAT. It 955BE has 4 pstates. my proccy is switching to or using only 3 pstates. AMD CnQ also uses these pstates. What i did was , hacked the pstate vaues of AMD CnQ and futher reduced the voltages of each pstate

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
buddy, check the snapshot of K10STAT. It 955BE has 4 pstates. my proccy is switching to or using only 3 pstates. AMD CnQ also uses these pstates. What i did was , hacked the pstate vaues of AMD CnQ and futher reduced the voltages of each pstate

oh yes. it got. but usually a X4 955 (& similar X4s) run either on default speed or at lower clock rate (Cool & Quite) where are the other 2 used? is there something like 2.5Ghz p-state by default?

pulsar_swift

Youngling
based on cpu usage, CnQ switches between the frequencies. So far i have seen 800Mhz, 2.1Ghz and 3.2GHz. Never saw 2.5Ghz pstate being used :). Idle pstate is the most used while browsing or downloading using utorrent. proccy runs at 800Mhz.
Earlier it used run @ 800Mhz and VID/Vcore = 1.025V. Now with hacked Pstate values, it runs at 800Mhz and VID/Vcore=0.7125V

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
based on cpu usage, CnQ switches between the frequencies. So far i have seen 800Mhz, 2.1Ghz and 3.2GHz. Never saw 2.5Ghz pstate being used :). Idle pstate is the most used while browsing or downloading using utorrent. proccy runs at 800Mhz.
Earlier it used run @ 800Mhz and VID/Vcore = 1.025V. Now with hacked Pstate values, it runs at 800Mhz and VID/Vcore=0.7125V

2.1Ghz? never seen. well thanks for the detailed info. will come in handy in future.

yes, for 800Mhz, 1.025V a bit too high.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Ok guys one more update on my CPU temp.
I have added 2 intake fans on the side panel, this combined with hacked Pstates.

Processor idles at 37 degrees C , when room temp is 31 degrees C.

Recently i have added a HD5670, so the temps have gone up by 2 degrees C.

So effective temp as per my calcuations with out HD5670 would be 35 degrees C.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
GPU idle temp is 44degrees C as per CPU ID HM. It generates lot of hot, we can feel the heat when we place the hand in the air above the card. So added a intake fan near the PCI-E slot on priority

Top Bottom