Overheating problems

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
obviously either Op got some cheap stuff or he is talking about toothpaste and believe me ... some bozos I know really used toothpaste instead of TiM and they were very proud ;-)

Hrishi

obviously either Op got some cheap stuff or he is talking about toothpaste and believe me ... some bozos I know really used toothpaste instead of TiM and they were very proud ;-)

@Topgear , I will prefer the one wth Mint Flavour. :p

Edit : But AS will not sunshine your teeth. Vice-Versa ain't so true.

Last edited:
@Topgear , I will prefer the one wth Mint Flavour. :p

Edit : But AS will not sunshine your teeth. Vice-Versa ain't so true.

:rofl:

Guys please help me, my RAM is reaching 40 C after gaming for few minutes and stays there after game is turned off, then gradully reduces to 37 C after about 5 min. Also, my HDD is reaching 36 C. I have never witnessed such temperaturers with these components in my config. I am using HwInfo for measurement.
Untitled.jpg

mitraark

Decrepit
I have my PC In a really dusty room, and i am thinking about cleaning it with a Vacuum Cleaner, but i've read they can create a hazard of electrostatic discharge (ESD) harmful for parts.

Any other methods you can suggest ? A can of compressed air just won't do, there is a huge amount of dustinside my cabinet.

I have my PC In a really dusty room, and i am thinking about cleaning it with a Vacuum Cleaner, but i've read they can create a hazard of electrostatic discharge (ESD) harmful for parts.

Any other methods you can suggest ? A can of compressed air just won't do, there is a huge amount of dustinside my cabinet.
Clean with a brush then use air can if you have one.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

dismount every components and clean them properly with a paint brush ( water color brush ).

rohit0571

Journeyman
Can there by any overheating issue in this problem here:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/171124-keyboard-lights-starts-blinking-pc-stops.html

smns.srinivas

Right off the assembly line

Got a branded one...and itz working fine since 6months.. I use thingz for which they need to be.... :lol:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Oh great. The fan of my 9500GT went dead.
The idle temps are 70c after around half an hour of use. This is crap.

So should email Palit about the problem or get the fan fixed at a local store?
Warranty has expired long back. The GPU is 3 years old now.

Oh great. The fan of my 9500GT went dead.
The idle temps are 70c after around half an hour of use. This is crap.

So should email Palit about the problem or get the fan fixed at a local store?
Warranty has expired long back. The GPU is 3 years old now.
RMA for fan repair is not a good idea. If there is some trustworthy shop in your city,then get it replaced there. I don't think fans get repaired unless some wire got cut off.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Wires look perfect. Will visit a shop soon. Let's see what it does.
I think there might be something wrong with the wire connector. The fans connector to the GPU might be damaged.

The GPU doesn't need any extra power though. Just connect to the slot and use.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Mines is this card-

*www.miraclenet.in/pc-components.php_files/palit-9500gt-1-india.jpg

The cooler is a bit different and theres no HDMI.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Visited 2 shops. One from where I got the GPU and another shop from where I buy my hardware from.

Both say it can't be done. They recommended me to go to a part of done where these "chalu" repairs are done. Oh well I won't be able to use the card for a few more days :(

Top Bottom