Overheating problems

racevthme

Broken In
(2 topgear) thanx... what about my proccy.... without overclocking ... will it work fine at that temperaure......also my coolermaster xtreme power 600w psu... they gave the operation temp between 5-50 C ...!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
What are your procs current idle & load temps ?

If it's idle & load temp are like your gpu then it's OK though the idle temp is kinda high. It shpuld be 40C & load temp should not cross 65C.

For the PSU part - Some guys have faced troubles with that PSU & some guys don't.

For my suggestion - if it gives you no probs then you should keep it but if you are interested in investing in a new psu get Tagan BZ600 600W Modular PSU which is Rs. 6K

INS-ANI

In the zone
guys i am new to overheating problem.
for last few days i am experiencing this problem and my lappy looses power automatically most of the times, which i guess is because of overheating.

the attached file contains screenshot of cpucool.
Please suggest some solution? do i need to attach an external heat sink.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
My CPU fan speed increases after half an hour it is started. Why does it happen?
I have not overclocked it.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Simple. Your cpu temp increases after half an hour. Your cpu thermal paste may be dried out. So apply a thin layer of any good thermal paste like artic or coolermaster & see if it helps.

BTW, which CPU do you have & what apps you are using on that half an hour.

blackperl

Broken In
Hello all
I have Intel DG31 PR ,its 5-6 months old .mine mobo temp is 75-76 C normally n CPU temp is 43-46 C
why is that ?? is it normal !! i have open the cabinet for better airflow !! what else to do
i have dual core E2140 1.6 Ghz
i have 9400 GT 1 GB Palit Graphics card
2 Gb 667 Ram

*img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=26068184.jpg
*img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=26068184.jpg

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
^^ Simple. Your cpu temp increases after half an hour. Your cpu thermal paste may be dried out. So apply a thin layer of any good thermal paste like artic or coolermaster & see if it helps.

BTW, which CPU do you have & what apps you are using on that half an hour.

I have Pentium D 2.8Ghz Dual Core processor. It is about 2 yrs now I bought it. Nothing heavy. I just browse and have ZA running. BTW will the increasing temp. do any harm?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have Pentium D 2.8Ghz Dual Core processor. It is about 2 yrs now I bought it. Nothing heavy. I just browse and have ZA running. BTW will the increasing temp. do any harm?

Can you post the temp your proc when the fan is running wildly & making a lot of noise. Use everest ultimate edition to monitor cpu fan speed & temp.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
hey which is the best tool to c internal temp?
For your proc use reraltemp or coretemp.

Last edited:

Gowt1ham

Gowt1ham
My Motherboard chipset (intel 845) expired and i bought a new board from simmitronics(845 GV supports intel P4 socket 478, FSB 533/400 MHZ}.

1. Now the minimum temperature my p4 2.8 ghz runs is 65+ degree, I am not sure why. And also my proccy is running at 1.4 ghz.

2.I have the same cooler, same psu just with diffferent motherboard.
The manual which came with the board has detailed instructions ....well in chinese, so its not much use to me.

I want to knw why my my proccy is running at half its speed and twice its normal temperature?

I am already deaf frm the racket the CPU fan makes. 8)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
My Motherboard chipset (intel 845) expired and i bought a new board from simmitronics(845 GV supports intel P4 socket 478, FSB 533/400 MHZ}.

1. Now the minimum temperature my p4 2.8 ghz runs is 65+ degree, I am not sure why. And also my proccy is running at 1.4 ghz.

2.I have the same cooler, same psu just with diffferent motherboard.
The manual which came with the board has detailed instructions ....well in chinese, so its not much use to me.

I am already deaf frm the racket the CPU fan makes. 8)

Did you clean the CPU and HSF surfaces and apply thermal paste before installing them? Also, does the CPU run full speed when running heavy SW?

Gowt1ham

Gowt1ham
thermal paste was a bit scrapped when i changed my board, wbut why should proccy run half its speed?
Posted again:
The fan keeps running at full speed all the time, however CPU cool tells me my proccy temp is 42-45 celsius.
Posted again:
The fan keeps running at full speed all the time, however CPU cool tells me my proccy temp is 42-45 celsius.

Last edited:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
hey guys i have a query...
This is my comp specs..
Asus m2avm hdmi
amd x2 4800
2gb ddr2
250gb sata 2
500gb sata 2

Now off late i have been noticing as per speedfan readings that my comp touches 80c when idle for some time...as soon as i start something on pc,it goes down to 60-65c levels...same while gaming...suppose when i switch on a game like halo or cs...when i swtich & immediately chk the temp it shows 85c & then falls to 70c level...is this normal??

i do plan to buy a new cabinet (cm 690) & a new power supply since i am planning to get a new graphics card & hard disk....do u think i should change the cabinet??will it be fine then?is it overheating in the first place?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your CPU temp is very high. The idle temp should be between 30-48C & the load temo should not cross 65C. Buy some good thermal compound paste like arctic silver or MX or CM nano. Remove your CPU heatsink & clean it. remove the remaining thermal paste from cpu & heatsink & apply a new layer of thermal grease. Reattach the cpu heatsink.
Your temp prob should be solved.

Use coretemp to monitor your CPU temp & everest to monitor the AUX, HDD & gfx card temp & post them in here.

A cabinet like CM690 will help in air circualtion & cooling inside the cabby for sure. Get it.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
30-48c...lol...seriously???my comp startup temp is 45c usually...what is thermal paste??some kind of paste or something??sry man i have no idea about it...i did clean the heat sink..also removed the cabinet cover...still at idle its at 75-77c at max...definitely improved but seems too high...its only when i switch on the AC that my comp temp falls to 60-65c level...

Hmm thanks for the cm info...needed a cabinet with good cooling solution...will but it soon..till then any ideas what to do?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
CPU Thermal Paste or Thermal Compound is the paste the stays between cpu & the heatsink. It helps the cpu to pass the heat to the heatsink. So it's a very important thing. Get some godd paste like I suggested in my earlier post. They should cost you Rs. 350-450.

mdp

Journeyman
I have purchase Pc 3 years back, but I am facing problem of Processor fan running at
very High speed & humming noise since purchase( Fan Make:Intel)

I changed it once.Also CPU usage shows value between 25-65%
even when No application running.

PF history shows around 380 MB

In task manager's "Process" section,"svchost.exe"shows highest memory uses(23050K) even
when PC is in idle condition.

my configuration is:

1)Motherboard:" Intel(R)82915G/GV/910GL Express chipset family"
2)Intel pentium IV processor 2.66 GHz.
3)windows XP SP3.
4)RAM DDR 512 +512 MB Hynex.

Is my processor-motheroard combination incompatible, so heating so much?

I have tried many things to resolve it in 3 years but in vain..
my PC is well ventilated and clean.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your proc is being overheated. So it's fan is making a lot of noise.

Can you post your CPU, HDD , AUX & GPU ( if you have any ) temp using temp measuring tools such as everest.

Can you tll which process is using 25-65% cpu. Maybe be your drivers are outdated. Try updating those. Also download & install xp sp3 & all other latest updates.

Top Bottom