Overheating problems

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Adhip007 - yeah, I did mean room temp :p. 40C is kinda little hot. See if you can take it down to 30-35C. Also do play some game @ morning say 6 -7a.m. & keep running real temp in the background. Post the mim & max temps ( & the temp to gfx card if you have one after playing some game line crysis for 1 hour )

@ niraj trehan - The safe limit is upto 68-70C under load ( though it depends on gfx card chip ). As your card is not going beyond 60C it's just fine & well within safe limits :p

surinder

Tech addict
Please recommend me a basic cooling paste for my E7300 I have overclocked it up to 3.32GHZ on stock air cooler.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can get Artic Silver MX @ Rs. 400
or else
You can get CoolerMaster Nano @ Rs. 250-350 ( which I've used on 6 rigs & it's performing very good )

Rajdeep Banik

Broken In
I installed 'EVEREST Home Edition'. It showed that my CPU temperature is 60 degrees and my hard disk is 56 degrees (PC idle). Is this temperature too high?
Pls reply........:???:

surinder

Tech addict
Tell us your processor first and given temp is in what mode of it. BTW 56 degrees Celsius for a idle HDD is on higher side.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yep. extremely high. take a pic of inside of your cabinet and post it here.

I had similar issue where proccy and HDD temp used to go beyond 50 and after installing a 120mm fan and adding thermal paste, temperatures came down to high 30s and mid 40s.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
I have an Compaq PC it came with a cooler master CPU fan. The CPU temperature was around 50-60 C at idle until yesterday..

Since it was above normal so I cleaned the whole system, with a cloth after taking everything out,since then the temperature of CPU is around 75 C at idle. I don't wanna take risks by playing any game and damaging my mobo. I need some advice regarding the overheating..

Also the Thermal past b/w the CPU and the heat sink is almost gone.. Plz. recommend me sum ways...and what will be the price of a thermal paste?

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
I use Everest Ultimate edition. I have a P4 HT 3.06 GHz with only one extra fan other than the CPU one. The room temp. here is around 45C.
The Rpm of cooling fan is around 4k while that of the chassis is around 2.5k The temp of my mobo is 39C and that of the HDD is 40C.

Plz suggest me all the possible sols.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Those speeds and temperatures look pretty good. Just get good thermal paste. Arctic Cooling and Cooler master are good brands to search for.

Rajdeep Banik

Broken In
*picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/r2WghMHMwQghs7rQeQl4Jg?authkey=Gv1sRgCITWnc_Zis-UAQ&feat=directlinkMy computer is more than 3 yrs old, an IBM think centre (8122-KQF; if anyone interested). My PSU reads 230W and I have only added a Sony DVD writer (inbuilt CD writer and floppy drive) and replaced the 256 MB RAM with a 1GB (DDR2). I don't know anything about the fan, whether it is 120mm(impossible) or not. And my cabinet is a bit differently styled, there is no window on the left or right side unlike the other common cabinets available in the market. The air gets in through the front grills and gets out through the rear grills. Thus CPU cooler is designed in that order. Even the motherboard layout does not match with those I see in pictures. Perhaps IBM wants to make their products in such a way so that no one can match them (literally). I attached a report text file made from Everest. Please read it if you wish.*picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/r2WghMHMwQghs7rQeQl4Jg?authkey=Gv1sRgCITWnc_Zis-UAQ&feat=directlink. *picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/r2WghMHMwQghs7rQeQl4Jg?authkey=Gv1sRgCITWnc_Zis-UAQ&feat=directlink

Rajdeep Banik

Broken In
I use Everest Ultimate edition. I have a P4 HT 3.06 GHz with only one extra fan other than the CPU one. The room temp. here is around 45C.
The Rpm of cooling fan is around 4k while that of the chassis is around 2.5k The temp of my mobo is 39C and that of the HDD is 40C.

Plz suggest me all the possible sols.

I didn't get your problem. The temperatures are pretty cool, my core runs at 60 degrees and the HDD at 50 degrees. Comparing to that your one's is pretty cool. :cool:

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
I have an Compaq PC it came with a cooler master CPU fan. The CPU temperature was around 50-60 C at idle until yesterday..

Since it was above normal so I cleaned the whole system, with a cloth after taking everything out,since then the temperature of CPU is around 75 C at idle. I don't wanna take risks by playing any game and damaging my mobo. I need some advice regarding the overheating..

Also the Thermal past b/w the CPU and the heat sink is almost gone.. Plz. recommend me sum ways...and what will be the price of a thermal paste?

^^This is my prob.

Rajdeep Banik

Broken In
I think your the heat absorbing part of your CPU cooler is separated from the back of your processor. Try opening it up again and then fix it again after adding some thermal paste. The heat absorbing part of your CPU cooler must be in touch with the processor. As for the cost of thermal paste, check out some shops in your locality or try in the internet.......
This is as far as I can help. I guessed your CPU condition though my advice might not help. Wait for the others........

By the way, no one is answering my problem............Been waiting.....

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Here is my problem.

Ok the temperature is not too high..it's above the normal(40-55)...
so You need not worry too much as this also depends upon the weather its too hot and the humidity is adding onto the heat...*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_neutral.gif

I know the sol. of my own prob but was interested in knowing what others have to say....but since nobody xcept u has answered I will go my way....*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Top Bottom