Overheating problems

tkin

Back to school!!
I have a P4 2.6 GHZ, 1GB DDR(transcend) RAM. I had overheating problem a couple of months ago so I installed another fan(currently have 2) which rectified the problem. But again this nagging problem has cropped up. What do I do now?! Can overheating be caused by RAM malfunction or corruption of BIOS? :confused:
May be your CPU Cooler grills are clogged with dust, happened in my old machine, needs serious cleaning.

sub1zero

Broken In
These cooler grills you talk about. How exactly do I identify them? My board is not too dusty. Would a simple brush suffice to clean? Have NO IDEA where to get compressed air etc

tkin

Back to school!!
These cooler grills you talk about. How exactly do I identify them? My board is not too dusty. Would a simple brush suffice to clean? Have NO IDEA where to get compressed air etc
Your CPU Cooler(Or Heatsink) has two parts, on the top there is a fan and in the bottom there should be a grill like structure. Dust accumulates there in the gaps, try looking closely.

ace

Broken In
Download this software and view the temperature, only it shows the right temp values for your proccy:*www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

If beyond 45c, remove heatsink, clean and re-apply thermal compound and re-attach the heatsink, its not attached properly.

You may need the help of a technician.
@tkin ... thnx

temp are same (51-53)idle...
also i hav done the reseating many times.... no change...
i hav applied thermal compound...
i need advice on a gud cpu cooler... within 2k (max) for my proc q6600.
also my hdd temp is 35...
plz give all options with price in mumbai...

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin ... thnx

temp are same (51-53)idle...
also i hav done the reseating many times.... no change...
i hav applied thermal compound...
i need advice on a gud cpu cooler... within 2k (max) for my proc q6600.
also my hdd temp is 35...
plz give all options with price in mumbai...
Look here;*techshop.in/store/index.php?cPath=320_243_244

Since I don't live in Mumbai I can't help you there, post your queries in this thread;*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3584

P.S-Your HDD temp is fine, just the proccy seems a tad high.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
The one which has diamonds or silver in it!
As far as the pocket allows & pretty reasonably priced, Arctic Silver MX-2!

They are different products by different manufacturers.

AS5 contains silver
*www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm
MX-2 is considered better and has no breaking in period, conductivity and capacitance.
*www.arctic-cooling.com/further_prod2.php?idx=140

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought coolermaster thermal pate for Rs. 350. Which is running my pentium D 925 cpu @ 3.2 ( oced from 3 ghz to 3.2) ghz only 22C and on load 32 C with stock cooling.

Before applying the paste the proc was running - idle 32C & onload 42-45C.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I bought coolermaster thermal pate for Rs. 350. Which is running my pentium D 925 cpu @ 3.2 ( oced from 3 ghz to 3.2) ghz only 22C and on load 32 C with stock cooling.

Before applying the paste the proc was running - idle 32C & onload 42-45C.

Your ambient temperature should be less than 22C. Otherwise the reading is incorrect.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The reading is not incorrect and yes ofcourse in the winter season the ambient temp is about 16c in here at night & 21c at day ( kolkata ).

Lets see what happens in summer

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I just posted a thread about my Fujitsu Lifebook S6240's fan dying. Now it's heating up really fast and I am afraid something will fry.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105027

Gaurav_rip

Broken In
Help Me!!!!
I ve a HP dv1135ee Laptop
Its specs r ...
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo(Centrino 2) P8400@2.26Ghz
RAM: 3Gb
GPU: nVidia 9600M GT
It gives a gr8 gamin experience but at a price...
It gets really heated up specially near the ventillations even when kept on a even surface in a fully air conditioned room. I dont ve a soft to measure the machine or GPU temp. so i dunno the exact temp and alll..
Can u plz suggest some sort of laptop cooler or somethin..
I live in Jaipur so if somethin which can be available locally would be gr8
Else also somethin which is really effective but not very heavy on d pocket...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try coolermaster or Belkin laptop coolers. The price range is between Rs. 1500-2500. They should be localy available.
To measure the temp download everest ( paid ) or pcwizard ( free )

Merry Christmas

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven
@ topgear

If u r from Kolkata..then can u give the shop name,address & ph no from which u have bought Coolermaster thermalpaste.

Also any guys from Kolkata know a shop that have Coolermaster thermalpaste ready.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi. I'm from there. I bought it from :

M.D Computers 16/1, GC Avenue.
Near Exide Showroom. Opposite Inox a Small Shop

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven
@ topgear

I am from Siliguri...next week I have to go Kolkata due to some work..so can u give me the shop's ph number & direction from Sealdah?Also what is the full name of the shop?

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

Last Night i removed one of the old 80mm fans which i had attached to my Elite 332 Cabinet, this fan was directly blowing (intake) to the Graphics Card, from few days it etarted making a hell lot of noise when my pc is running. After removing the Fan i could see the idle graphics card temperature be 50C, after Playing Prince of Persia i saw its temperature as 62C, when the fan was there idle temp used to be 43-45 and after playing Games it used to be 55-56. Is this temperature of Graphics Card fine after removing the fan.

Top Bottom