One stop reference for enabling multimedia in Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Just downloaded ffmpeg cvs version and followed the instructions. But, I am not sure if that will enable amr support in mplayer too but worth a try. I needed it for converting vids to 3gp for transferring to my mobile.
Here's the command
Code:
svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
It will create a directory ffmpeg in your current directory. Inside should be a readme file with instructions on how to go about.
And it was svn not cvs.

*blogger.rukker.org/2006/07/12/enable-mp3-and-amr-support-in-ffmpeg-ubuntudebian/ read this rather.

Last edited:

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
I tried ur first solution.. and perhaps amr is now enabled in ffmpeg but still unable to convert anything to/from amr.
Code:
$ ffmpeg -formats
includes this too now
Code:
DE amr             3gpp amr file format

mehulved said:
*blogger.rukker.org/2006/07/12...-ubuntudebian/ read this rather.
The patch is some debian based therefore of no use to me. I m in Fedora 6.

Is there any way to enable amr support in mplayer/VLC

mehulved

*www.worldofvishnu.com/tech/howto-enable-3gp-audio-in-mplayer/
This is again for ubuntu/debian.
Actually you need to compile mplayer from svn, it will be similar to what you did for ffmpeg.

DDIF

Custom User Title
Multimedia in KUbuntu?

I have Kubuntu 7.04 64BIT installed on my computer, i want it to play mp3s, vcds. dvds.
How can all this be done?

DDIF

Custom User Title
praka123 said:
refer *ubuntuguide.org
and
*ubuntugeek.com
Although i know that KUbuntu is KDE version of Ubuntu but i still want to ask that will the Ubuntu guide you reffer work for Kubuntu?

mehulved

Most of it should work anyways. Just the gnome-only part won't work exactly unless you install gnome too.

DDIF

Custom User Title
I manage to install all PLUGINS via adapet manager. Anyway thanks for your support.

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
mehulved said:
Actually you need to compile mplayer from svn, it will be similar to what you did for ffmpeg.
Sorry for late reply, anyways I compiled mplayer from Subversion
Code:
svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/
But efforts in vain.. Still its not playing AMR..
Bwtn what is AMR-NB?

mak1012

Journeyman
which player is as good as itune.. i tryed amarock but its not that user friendly... Is there any other option available i want to play only mp3 but it should have gr8 search and playlist.

OP
R

rohandhruva

Broken In
Please note that to enable amr support you don't need to recompile anything on ubuntu - just use the medibuntu repository which has ffmpeg and mplayer re-compiled with support for amr. Have a look - *www.medibuntu.org/

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
mehulved said:
Just downloaded ffmpeg cvs version and followed the instructions. But, I am not sure if that will enable amr support in mplayer too but worth a try. I needed it for converting vids to 3gp for transferring to my mobile.
Here's the command
Code:
svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
It will create a directory ffmpeg in your current directory. Inside should be a readme file with instructions on how to go about.
And it was svn not cvs.

*blogger.rukker.org/2006/07/12/enable-mp3-and-amr-support-in-ffmpeg-ubuntudebian/ read this rather.
altough i comlied it from source but i find no difference.
And Yikes, blogger.rukker.org isn't loading right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom