Not open for further replies.

drsethi

Journeyman
*opensuse-community.org/Multimedia
a simple way to install codecs for opensuse. Very useful for newbies

keshavasiva

Banned
Hi
I installed recently opensuse 10.3 from the digit dvd, I have only the kaffiene player to play videos and tat too its for name sake it wont play any videos :mad:.

:confused:I just want to know a clear way to play videos just like i play them in windows. Some links for players and related codecs etc may suffice :)

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
^^ Get VLC. here's the link for the 1-click installer. Also download the Restricted Formats 1-click installer for KDE/GNOME

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
I have been unsuccessful in getting VCDs to work on Ubuntu.:( I have all necessary codecs like gstreamer, libdvdvcss, w32codecs installed.I have tried Gxine, Mplayer and Smplayer, VLC and Totem but still no success...

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Got VCD working in both VLC and Mplayer.
Had to remove the x from vcdx:///dev/scd0 :audio-track=0 to get it working in VLC and Make use of CLI for Mplayer.

dreamzchm

Web Design Hobbyist
I am using openSUSE 10.3 and enabled multimedia with the help of 1- click install . what i did was searched for the relevant player like vlc, mplayer etc. and the codecs like divx, libdvdcss, xine-lib etc using the software search function present at
*packages.opensuse-community.org/ and *software.opensuse.org/search
and got everything working on my installation . I can now play all the formats that i was enjoying with my Win XP..... now SUSE rocks and does better than MS winDows.The beauty of 1-click install is that it downloads all the dependencies and the make the app fully working. Just be sure to get yourself a reliable internet connection. I had faced severe problems because i don't have broadband at home and had to rely on a GPRS modem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom