One stop reference for enabling multimedia in Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
can any body give a link where 'VP70' codec can be found. i have tried to play file on vlc,totem,mplayer & real. all say the codec is missing. the file is in avi format.i have installed all win32 codecs.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
hey the title u created os of "One stop reference for enabling multimedia in Linux" so i am tring solve my probs. if u don't want it i'll delete my post.also if u can that no one post in ur post.request the mods to lock it.

regards,
gary

Satissh S

Youngling
@rohan: Why u want to do that?? this is intended to be a sticky because it helps people and queries can be placed on one place. If queries have to be posted in some other place/thread, why sticky this thread??

Besides ppl also learn from the problems others face, so this is the rightful place for all queries related to multimedia in Linux.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
That's a nice idea @Satissh. Yes we should add info about other distros like Gentoo,
Mandriva Linux etc., That would definitely help all the guys using Linux.

mediator

Technomancer
@rohandhruva be kind yaar......neways @gary4gar......u may google for that codec . There's another codec pack names something like "essential or all -codecs".
I can play all the formats. I think u havent installed win32codec pack properly! check that out first!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
i have installed win 32 codecs using easy ubuntu. aslo i found links for windows(.exe) but not for linux what to do??

OP
R

rohandhruva

Broken In
I am not being rude or anything - fact is, when people would read the topic, and first post, they would not really bother to read further, basically in a sticky people dont.. So, if you start a new thread for the same purpose, it can be easily discussed further in the post. This is a reference to enable multimedia ..

Anyway, I am not gonna request lock or anything .. if my reasoning given above is not correct, then I am wrong ofcourse :)

mediator

Technomancer
@rohandhruva.....thats better......but i give u a simple reason for not openeing separate threads!! U see a thread which is being responded extensively remains on top of others.....U must have observed that!!...havnt u??
So if u use different threads then some may dissappear in the long list of queue this forum has. I hope u got my point. So its better to have one thread !!
No multithreading here....hehe!

@gary4gar......u installed the win32codec rpm na?? neways install essentialcodec rpm too! If still things dont go ur way....google for that ugly codec!!

*www.overclock.net/faqs/104037-how-get-mp3-divx-video-support.html

The best link I could find to enable multimedia in my suse 10.1.
I could manage to use all types of multimedia after following the procedure here. It'll be of help

Vivek788

In the zone
i used easyubuntu for ubuntu 6.06 and worked lke breeze.It doesnt support xmms and some other media players.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I got these two repos in respect of w32codecs for ubuntu, while browsing some mailing lists *medibuntu.sos-sts.com/www/repository-old.html and *mirror2.ubuntulinux.nl/. Can someone check if they work all right?

rajasekharan

Youngling
hi.....how can i install w32 codecs for 64 bit SUSE 10.2...??????
i dont have net connection......so i want to download a player that plays all formats ....mp3 , vcd and dvd......which one to download and from where?????...please help

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Google for packman repository for suse and download w32codecs-all, libxine1 and all its dependencies from there.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Hey guys, i hav installed Win32 codecs but still i m unable to play Mp3 songs in Amarok and kaffeine.
Anything else needed to install ??

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Can anybody tell in detail abt enabling sound in Mandriva Linux 2007 ? My soundcard is recgnzd but when system boots it says dev/dsp no sound device found :(

Pathik

Google Bot
Manshahia said:
Hey guys, i hav installed Win32 codecs but still i m unable to play Mp3 songs in Amarok and kaffeine.
Anything else needed to install ??
same problem here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom