Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

Opera mobile, I want the phone screen to be in landscape mode so that every app open in landscape mode.

Opera mobile crashes as it's still in beta and it needs lot and lots of improvement. Opera mobile also takes lots of ram to run 3-4 tabs. It's not your phone problem at all.

Only those apps will work, which support landscape mode. You can start using your phone like this : coz there is no other way, every apps can start in landscape by default without rotating the phone.

*www.slashphone.com/media/data/796/touch-flo-3d-landscape.jpg

Or, download this if your phone is hacked:

Free File Hosting & Video Downloads, Free File Sharing, Online Friends Network - Ziddu
This will change your phone screen to landscape and then probably every apps will work in landscape by default (but only that supports landscape mode)
In this zip there are 4 files required to do this. Wsini.ini, Change WSini path.rmp, C_sys_hash_domainsrv.exe and F_sys_bin_domainsrv.exe

Put C_sys_hash_domainsrv.exe in C:/sys/hash and rename to domainsrv.exe

Put F_sys_bin_domainsrv.exe in "memory card":/sys/bin and rename to domainsrv.exe (my memory card was E:/)

Put Change WSini path.rmp in your patches directory "memory card":/patches (my memory card was E:/) apply patch and add to auto in rompatcher

Put Wsini.ini in C:/System/data

And lastly rename c:/sys/bin/RPAutostart.exe to 0RPAutostart.exe

Credits to original poster (dont remember the name)

For this to work you need to use a 3rd party program to rotate the screen for examply rocknscroll or landscape pro.
*img196.imageshack.us/img196/6681/scr000009.jpg

Does it look good ?? :???:

roonie

Journeyman
ok neeraj...I wil format the mobile and reinstal as you said and wil post back in this weekend...
And this is my first time am trying that rom patcher thing it dint work...I tried installing hellox2 and opened it...It jus said unpacking nothin happened...I even waited for an hour ,restarted the phone and tried too...it dint work out...I need that rom patch to be applied for installing all unsigned softs..
Now wat should i do?..Am not able to instal the hellox..After unpacking only the rom patcher wil come rite?..

ok neeraj...I wil format the mobile and reinstal as you said and wil post back in this weekend...
And this is my first time am trying that rom patcher thing it dint work...I tried installing hellox2 and opened it...It jus said unpacking nothin happened...I even waited for an hour ,restarted the phone and tried too...it dint work out...I need that rom patch to be applied for installing all unsigned softs..
Now wat should i do?..Am not able to instal the hellox..After unpacking only the rom patcher wil come rite?..

I think you haven't checked this post..

If you have hacked your phone with hellox earlier with v30, remember that wont work anymore. You need to hack your phone with rompatcher method. Backup your contacts, messages etc and then format ur memory card, then format phone as mentioned earlier. Do post your results regarding the changes.

Earlier versions like v31, you can hack your phone with hellox and you can install unsigned apps.

After v40+, like you're using v51 you need to install the unsigned software in two ways :

1. Get your dev17 certificate from opda or other sites. Search google for this, you will get easy tutorials. Once, you get the certificate you can sign the unsigned applications with your certificate and simply install it with the help of siseditor etc.

2. You can install rom patcher through editing the original firmware. Another method :you can copy installserver.exe file to \Sys\bin folder and your phone will be hacked. This is the easiest method to install all unsigned apps. (My opinion).

For the second method i.e. installing rom patcher or copying installserver.exe, you need to flash your phone with the help of JAF and navifirm.

Choose the one you think would be easy for you. Otherwise, let me know I can edit the original firmware :) and you can flash your phone with those files.

k4ce

Youngling
Guys ... The N97 widget HS coming to 5800 real soon ... release is around the corner ... hopefully this weekend ...

Head over to pnht.org for more info

Guys ... The N97 widget HS coming to 5800 real soon ... release is around the corner ... hopefully this weekend ...

Head over to pnht.org for more info

Do you think u will update the c6/97 firmware just for this?

Widget Homescreen, Matrixmenu, Rotation Effects, if you move phone 90°, fixed RDS. (C6: SlideUnlock support)

Some people are beta testers too :))

PraKs

Youngling
@neerajvohra

Bhai, can you give best camera settings for N5800 ?

Have tried each settings but image on screen looks very grainy. too much noise.

Personally I felt photos taken by Sony K750i are far better then costly N5800

Am I missing any settings ?

@neerajvohra

Bhai, can you give best camera settings for N5800 ?

Have tried each settings but image on screen looks very grainy. too much noise.

Personally I felt photos taken by Sony K750i are far better then costly N5800

Am I missing any settings ?

download this :
Code:
*www.ziddu.com/download/11386498/10282EDC.txt.html

1] Open X-Plore or Y-Browser (Or any File Manager you prefer)
2] Copy/Move 10282EDC.txt
3] Go to C:/Private and paste 10282EDC.txt into Folder 10202be9.
4] Exit X-Plore/Y-Browser (Or Whatever you are Using)
5] Reboot Phone (or Switch off then on)
6] Check C:/Private/10202be9 to see if 10282EDC.txt is still there.

PS: phone must be hacked. This mod wont do magic to the camera, but you can see the difference as given below :

You will notice the Quality this Mod provides when you Zoom into your photos AFTER taking them. Try looking your Photos on your PC, you can see the difference better this way.

PraKs

Youngling
Thank you bro

I read this files results. I am not planning to use zoom & its improving only for zoom.

Are there any best settings available (ISO, brightness, etc) for taking best pics on N5800 ? Or set all to auto ?

Thank you bro

I read this files results. I am not planning to use zoom & its improving only for zoom.

Are there any best settings available (ISO, brightness, etc) for taking best pics on N5800 ? Or set all to auto ?

I am not sure if there are such settings as I don't use the camera much :(. probably set all to auto.

You can try "DM's cameramod for better picture quality"

Last edited:

pentiumlover

Broken In
Guys ,

After installing the C6 FW (PNHT) , is it possible to revert back to original 5800 FW ?

Any issues with C6 FW ? Would this void the warranty?

Is it safe?

ajooba215

Journeyman
what about the screen problem guys? mine 5800 is experiencing the same screen problem again...the blurry screen... :-(( ...n the worst thing..its out of warranty period now...i got it changed last year for the same problem...what shall i do now? I love my 5800 so much... :-| ..is anyone else experiencing the problem again?

arupch

Tech Addict
What is the best music player for S60v5 which support folder play and equaliser? I tried LCG Jukebox and PowerMP3 but both are buggy and crashes.

sujoyp

Grand Master
what about the screen problem guys? mine 5800 is experiencing the same screen problem again...the blurry screen... :sad:( ...n the worst thing..its out of warranty period now...i got it changed last year for the same problem...what shall i do now? I love my 5800 so much... :neutral: ..is anyone else experiencing the problem again?

Thats sad...havent faced that problem ... replacing the screen is costly thing

What is the best music player for S60v5 which support folder play and equaliser? I tried LCG Jukebox and PowerMP3 but both are buggy and crashes.

Yaah TTPOD is cool player if u want a simple one try folderplay.

k4ce

Youngling
Guys ,

After installing the C6 FW (PNHT) , is it possible to revert back to original 5800 FW ?

Any issues with C6 FW ? Would this void the warranty?

Is it safe?

Yes, you can revert back .. but only to Nokia 5800 v51

No real issues as such ... its slightly more refined that the OS on the 5800 ... like u have favourite contacts on top, u have a music console, a faster gallery wid options to tag apart from the widgetised HS ...

Well if u take ur 5800 to nokia care with C6 FW, no way u'll get warranty ... however, if you flash it back to a stock 5800 OFW, there should be no way anyone can find out

Well, I have flashed my fone atleast 30 times ... Never had any issues .. just read instructions and know what you are doing

unni

In the zone
Is there any performance difference with C6 on 5800? Also, will all the apps that I am using currently on v51 work properly? Are there any annoying bugs?

Top Bottom