Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
Bro u cant take it off and apply it again...better u find some shop where they apply it properly...The shop where I brought it applied it on my 5800 very nicely ...no bubbles at all

Also its ur choice to put in pouch...I find it unnecessary...just dont put any thing else with the mobile inside ur pocket like coin or keychain etc:-D

khmadhu

change is constant!!
2 queries about hacking 5800.

1)if i hack my phone will it void my warranty ?.
2)can i revert my 5800 to its original factory settings after hacking..?

sujoyp

Grand Master
1.If u use custom firmware made by someone with special homescreen and special mods then u loose warranty...but if u use hacked nokia firmware then nokia people wouldnt know anything:smile:

2. again if u use custom firmware then u have to put original nokia firmware back before going to nokia service center...if u r using hacked nokia firmware they wont notice:lol:

khmadhu

change is constant!!
@sujoyp Where can i get hacked nokia firmware?. I have latest nokia firmware v50

Main problem i am facing is in installing packages. 90% of the packages I try to install with self singed it says "unable to install protected application from an untrusted supplier"

how to overcome this..? so that even without the certificate I must be able to install!.
any solution..?

also how can i downgrade firmware..? is it possible..?, if i do this will my warranty be retained.?
by googling i got 5800 "firmware v50 Hacked_Measma.rar" file from dotsis site. it contains some RM-356_50.0.005_prd.rofs2.V19 if i can use this so.. and how many times we can do this..?
can i backup my current firmware..?

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
bro I am sorry but we can not talk much about hacking stuff here...give ur email ID I would send u link...

just remember 1 thing read each and every step properly and dont skip anything:smile:...

khmadhu

change is constant!!
successfully hacked my phone.. :)

is there any application like bittorrent for this phone.? i tried with symtorrent , although i was successful in installing, but when I add any torrent and give start, my phone reboots!!.?

any solution for this..?

PraKs

Youngling
Tired of slowness of N5800..

Is there any good touch screenphone which is as good as 5800 or better then that ?

Do people recommend taking X6 ?

Gollum

Collector
x6 is just 5800 with capacitive touch and an unlock switch which will get damaged in less than 2 months of regular use.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I apologize if this is kinda off-topic.

But, any ideas how much a Nokia 5800 (Bought on May 2009 with all accessories) would fetch ? (With 5 more months warranty remaining. In relatively good condition)

sujoyp

Grand Master
I apologize if this is kinda off-topic.

But, any ideas how much a Nokia 5800 (Bought on May 2009 with all accessories) would fetch ? (With 5 more months warranty remaining. In relatively good condition)

Try to sell it for around 6k...coz Samsung Galaxy5 have most of the things 5800 have(not talking about I5801)and galaxy 5 cost 8-9k

R2K

In the Zone
i lost my nokia 5800xm which i purchased just a month ago..........
what am i supposed to do when i loose my phone.....

nick.john75

Right off the assembly line
i like 5800 very much .. from last one year i am using it .... sofwares are good in it .. now only i unlocked it from t-mobile... Getting unlock code are easy for it now on this site www.theunlockarena.com.. quiet good mobile

sujoyp

Grand Master
i lost my nokia 5800xm which i purchased just a month ago..........
what am i supposed to do when i loose my phone.....

If somebody stole it...put an FIR.
If u accidentally lost it then forget it:?

just get a duplicate simcard of ur previous number for Rs.50 and ur remaining talktime value will be given to u..take 1 photo and license xerox

Kerry

Broken In
Hi, I need an immediate help! A few days back I noticed that all the images and songs had disappeared from the Gallery and Music Library of my Nokia 5800. Later, I found that all of them are there in the respective folders in the Memory Card, which I could not restore in the Gallery and Music Library. The mobile is now out of warranty and I have tried by resorting to its Factory Settings to set them in order, but failed. I'm feeling very bad as my mobile was functioning very well before this mishap. Here I may mention that though the Product No.of the mobile is 0575590, but on releasing the Firmware V. 51.0.006 by the Nokia, I tried to update it through my mobile, it accepted the new version update. Plz Help!!!

sushantvirdi

Journeyman
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic firmware gets updated
to v52.0.007 (Updated with Changelog) Nokia has a released a new firmware update to
one of its most successful touchscreen symbian
phone the “ Nokia 5800 ″ aka TUBE. Nokia has shown real commitment to this device. Kudos. The changelog not yet out. So incase you notice some changes do let us know. Changelog: Upgrade CPU performance

Enhanced touch screen

Improved Wi-Fi and OVI connection error Rotate Enhanced New Map Software Better pictures and movies Also to update your phone ’ s fir

Top Bottom