Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

Its price r not going down from last 6 months...it will be discontinued soon..

U better consider X6 8 gb for 14k or samsung galaxy 3 :)

I still suggest for Nokia 5800xm, due to variety of CFW's, great support from forums. You wont find anything special regarding X6 as the userbase is less and offcourse no one NOW would buy it when symbian^3 is in pipeline.

sorry haven't read the thread, your budget etc..but as per the comments to buy X6, i still suggest for 5800xm or wait for S^3.

sujoyp

Grand Master
neeraj how do u compare 5800 with galaxy 3....I mean which would u prefer...galaxy 3 have everything just poorer screen:smile:

and capacitive screen is really much better then resistive...soo I recommended x6...else there is no difference

neeraj how do u compare 5800 with galaxy 3....I mean which would u prefer...galaxy 3 have everything just poorer screen:smile:

and capacitive screen is really much better then resistive...soo I recommended x6...else there is no difference

Personally, there is no point in going for Android with cheaper handsets (bad conf). You should have a minimum budget of 20k+ to buy an Android to get the fullest.

Offcourse, if you're looking for an Android phone then there is no need to compare with S60. Try comparing other Android phones in the same segment.

Likewise, you don't need BIG budget to try s60. As far as I know, S60 5th Ed is the limitation with capacitive screen. Symbian^3 enables multi-touch fully. So, I recommend the Nokia 5800 to save some money. It's just personal opinion.

a) 90% of posters have 5800XM
b) X6, 5530 and 5230 are relatively new phones compared to 5800XM
c) these new models are not really interesting so less users, less support.
d) not worth the price, and not enough upgrade for 5800XM.
e) capacitive screen support multi touch but s60v5 OS does not support pinch zooming its currently only supported by S^3 os -as per the feedback.

Review: Nokia X6 | Smartphone Daily

Check out regarding the phone responsiveness and multi-touch :shock: the responsiveness should be better but it's :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah what u said is justified by ur clarification....thanks

Actually 5800 looks bit fat and old in front of samsung's sleek and sexy phones:p :p

R2K

In the Zone
Its price r not going down from last 6 months...it will be discontinued soon..

U better consider X6 8 gb for 14k or samsung galaxy 3 :)

are u sure x6 with 5mp cam comes for 14000
that f***in unbelieavble
but the reviews at gsm arena says that this phone is a POS with lots of bugs with touch screen
anybody here used this phone?
BTW 5800 got some good reviews and i find a lot of ppl using it nowadays

sujoyp

Grand Master
X6 8GB version is for 14k and not 16GB version...

5800 is used by lots of forum members...but I think the count is decreasing day by day:razz:

R2K

In the Zone
how is handwriting recognition on the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
it looked cool when i saw it on youtube

R2K

In the Zone
got a 5800xpressmusic navigation edition yesterday for Dhs 895( Rs 11.1 k) from dubai
but i got a cheap headset with that phone....
thank u sujoyp and neerajvohra for the suggestions and help
i considered x6 first which was also pretty cheap (Dhs 1025)( 13k) here
but i did not like the build quality of that phone.the finishing of the case was utterly pathetic. but it was a steal price for a phone with 5mp cam

R2K

In the Zone
is there any way i can get to see a big clock in the home screen of 5800xpress

Also is there any app by which we can unlock the screen without using the switch present at the side of the phone

sujoyp

Grand Master
there is a software slideunlock v2.10 search it on google coz we cant give u direct link..
U can find it in ip-mart.com forum

And it will give u a big clock on desktop untill its in locked position...when u unlock it ur usual desktop will be there:p

R2K

In the Zone
do u guys use screen protectors....if yes is it really worth it...how much does it really cost....i wanna get rid off the printed screen protector i got when i purchased this phone

and what kind of carry pouch u guys prefer....

sujoyp

Grand Master
do u guys use screen protectors....if yes is it really worth it...how much does it really cost....i wanna get rid off the printed screen protector i got when i purchased this phone

I use a Rs.70 local screen guard for last 8 months...its good enough:))

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

yes. it is helpful in keeping the scratches away from display (especially if you use fingernails). And please peel off that screen protector ASAP. most part of the display will not be visible

R2K

In the Zone
^^
default screen protector is a really a PITA
i brought a screen protector from a local shop here and the shopkeeper itself applied it on the phone.........but i think that guy just ****ed it up:-x....now i can see bubbles on the side and bottom of the damn screen.....i don't wanna a remove it myself and reapply it as i think that may make it look more worse......:sad:.is there any way i can remove the bubbles
i really wish the phone phone had a scratch resistant screen:lol:
also is it necessary to use a pouch after applying the screen protector

Last edited:
Top Bottom