Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

I think yes.. I've planned to buy a nokia 5800 then N97 and finally ended up buying Google Nexus One.. :D

Why you end up with google nexus one ? how much it cost and from where you purchased it...I purchased 5800, G1 and now n97..planning to get nexus one..but not able to find a trusted supplier.

Visited gaffar to purchase Nexus but there rates are so high..even they are selling iphone 4g for 55k..dam :-D:-D

@neeraj
Any Free signed application which can open MS Word doc files in 5800 ?

sorry praks..didnt see your post..yes offcourse man..you can try the default office viewer "quick office viewer:..which is free for viewing word ppt etc..else there are freewares like djvu..etc

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

this phone sucks. I feel as if nobody cares for it including nokia. No divx player. Frikkin bad support. Only thing good is listening to music and light web surfing (with frequent out of mem n random crashes).
I wont go for nokia next time.

don't go for Nokia ever in future dude..coz u need those stupid phones that comes like candy..haha

u can play divx files..best in sound, best support (explain what does support mean to you) light web surfing..lol..go get something else..never had mem n random crashes :)):))

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

I would go for HTC wildfire rather than Nokia 5800.

nice decision dude..you should go for htc wildfire..its much better than Nokia 5800 !!

PS: don't comment blaming me..that I suggested (wildfire) wrong stuff to you:mrgreen:

roonie

Journeyman
@Neeraj -I jus bought 5800 exp music a week back...Its awesome...And was lukin on your posts in this forum today and was excited abt al the stuffs ...gr8..I have been installin apps and playin arund lately in this mob and was amused with the functions of the phone and your posts were damn helpful today...
I wanna one thing ...I have lost my fav mob N72 and so got this lately,,,the one thing i forgot to put is the security pin code or any security related softs in tat so was unable to lock it and damn worried abt the photos and otherpersonal stuffs in tat mob...
So for tat I wanna safeguard this new mob (5800)with security stuff the pin code while swtichin on the mob but am unable to do it as am not sure abt the default pin code...I switched ON the pin code, it told me to enter the default pin code within 10 tries ..i tried all the default ones for airtel 1234,123456,12345,0000 and lost 5 tries..I have another 5 tries left...is der nway to get the code without formatting the phone bec now only i have it in the stable condn wit al the required softs and i dnt want to lose any and install again...
And please tel me some security softs which can lock the phone incase of theft..

fabler

Journeyman
Why you end up with google nexus one ? how much it cost and from where you purchased it...I purchased 5800, G1 and now n97..planning to get nexus one..but not able to find a trusted supplier.

Visited gaffar to purchase Nexus but there rates are so high..even they are selling iphone 4g for 55k..dam :-D:-D

One friend got for me from US. It cost me 27.5K. It's really an amazing device.

nice decision dude..you should go for htc wildfire..its much better than Nokia 5800 !!

PS: don't comment blaming me..that I suggested (wildfire) wrong stuff to you:mrgreen:

Yeah wildfire is nice decision. But its specifications are very low at price of 16K.

cosmos

Broken In
Hi Guyz...
Im posting after such a long tym....:smile::razz:

To tell you the truth I have the nokia 5800XM from past 6months...The phone is working fine except random crashes during web browsing...:sad:Installed Opera Mini and that problem seems to have disappeared for now...But one thing i dont lyk about this phone is the interface..Feels little lame....
Bcoz::x
1. SYMBIAN OS (Checked out Android on Nexus and HTC Desire...Much much better). I'm currently on the latest V5 update but still........
2. No GIF wallpapers
3. Resistive touch

But looking at the price the phone is still good with good music playback. However i dont use it a music player as i listen my songs mostly on my ipod.:smile:

Btw, have any of u had any suggestions or review on the SPB Mobile Shell. Few days back i saw one of my friends installing the same on 5800 and it looks just like a HTC Hero interface... :shock:Eats a lot of RAM though...:|Handy taskman stats reported only 20mb left after the Shell software started up.

Attached below is the screenshot:
*a.imageshack.us/img39/6471/spbsenseedittionv2.jpg

Nice interface and widgets...even a 3D widget...But pricey on RAM and this phone doesn't have too much RAM to spare!!! :x:sad:
So wat do you think? :smile:

Cheers,
Cosmos

@roonie

I don't know why this thread is not subscribed..lol
I think you're using the first option of pin to get the phone locked..if you're using that and you don't remember the PIN..ask your operator at 121 to provide the PUK no to you..and you can change the pin from the PUK no (eight digits-its like master reset-correct me if i'm wrong)

If you're looking to lock the phone..this options comes under 5th "lock code" menu where u have reached for phone security..sorry I don't have the phone with me to provide the exact screenshot..as it's with my friend developing some CFW's testing on it!! You can lock with this option and the lock code by default is 12345.

There are many options/apps for locking the phone like phone guard etc..they keep running on background..whenever a SIM is changed..they send u a message from new Sim to your old Sim no..which will be set by you.

The other options, you can set a default code for text message "remote phone locking feature" available under options- security settings-phone and Sim settings if I remember. By enabling this feature, you can set some text/numeric message like "digit" or whatever you like..if you will send a message to your own number containing words "digit" it will auto lock.

This comes handy if you lost your phone and you have an alternative phone with you..send a message to your own number with the content you saved and it will auto-lock.

This is also useful like my friend is using my phone now, just for fun, If I send a message to his number containing my password as "digit" it will be locked automatically :p

@Cosmos

I am using the SPB Mobile Shell and no issues with me except opera..coz opera itself eats lots of ram..if you are looking for good interface..you should give this one a try!

There are some prebuild SPB Mobile Shell available customized by users that uses less amount of ram with more stuff ..give it a try !!

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

@neeraj
Any Free signed application which can open MS Word doc files in 5800 ?

Pm sent my friend....

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic firmware v51.0.006 available

*i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy206/neerajvohra/Untitled.png

It's available for few product codes as of now.

very minor update...I hope it can be installed without formatting the whole phone:)

Sujoyp- Never ever go for the change log posted by Nokia..I remember v40, the kinetic scrolling feature was posted as minor update or was not included..though when people update it..it was a blast :))

Nokia never share the actual change logs..but there are some major improvements, and more to come as per the feedback of 5800xm users :

Here are the few changes which are not posted by Nokia:

- Vibration levels in order, even more than that - vibration became more clear!
- RDS is working again!
- Kinetics slightly improved
- The performance was in my opinion better than congestion or previous versions

Kewl..

Works with Indian code ?

How about modified product code with NSS ?

Yes..you can change the product code to update the firmware, I am not sure if it gonna work for Indian APAC as of now, because people who are using old product codes like 0575590 (Correct me If I'm wrong)..are still using v30. The firmware files are available @various forums if you can update the firmware through jaf etc.

sujoyp

Grand Master
the update file is not available for my phone yet...
BTW I started SPB Shell 3.5 and it looks awesome...I customized it according to my use now its working perfectly:)

the update file is not available for my phone yet...
BTW I started SPB Shell 3.5 and it looks awesome...I customized it according to my use now its working perfectly:)

I don't know why Nokia do this to us (Indians)..I am using v60 (CFW) though the v40 is still not available for my 5800xm product code XXX(don't remember though). :lol:

Do post some screenshots of your mobile..I would like to see your style :))

BTW : Another major change : Web flash is upgraded in the new firmware v51 so that we can see flash 9 supported streaming live video's from BBC CNN etc perfectly.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have already put the screenshots on the other thread related to homescreens:smile:

Bad thing is it doesnt take fullscreen wallpapers and the software is not fullscreen...

Great news....New firmware (Nokia 5800 New Firmware V51.0.006) available for APAC RED/BLUE/BLACK phones..change the product code and update the latest firmware :

I used this one :
*i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy206/neerajvohra/Untitled-2.jpg

v51.0.006
- Improved Mail for Exchange
- Improved video calls
- Improved browser
- Performance improvements

User Comment's :
- Vibration levels in order, even more than that - vibration became more clear!
- RDS is working again!
- Kinetics slightly improved
- The performance was in my opinion better than congestion or previous versions
- Phone speed has increased very much as if cpu is overclocked.
- Touch response better.
- Web browser quite smooth in scrolling and faster in loading pages.(but invalid server name not bug fixed)
- browsing with 3-4 tabs and no low memory error.

will share more changes I note, soon..

PraKs

Youngling
@Neeraj

I had changed the product code coz v50 was not available before using NSS.

Now they with this update, shall I revert to original code again ?

@Neeraj

I had changed the product code coz v50 was not available before using NSS.

Now they with this update, shall I revert to original code again ?

If you have updated the latest firmware..you can change your old product code again..so that if anything happened to ur phone..its stil under warranty :grin::grin:

If you wont change it..you phone will be still under warranty...coz Nokia repair center sucks :grin::grin:

roonie

Journeyman
@neeraj - Am planning to update the firmware version....I have v30 only...Now wher do i start ?..AM not sure abt the firmware update..
I have downloaded the Nokia software update....wat should i do now?

@neeraj - Am planning to update the firmware version....I have v30 only...Now wher do i start ?..AM not sure abt the firmware update..
I have downloaded the Nokia software update....wat should i do now?

Still using v30..oh man..check out my blog to change the product code and update the latest firmware..I cant post the link here coz "mods" think I am copy pasting stuff :-D:-D

If you think you need some help for this :
catch me @yahoo messenger neerajDOTvohraATyahooDOTcom
MSN : neerajvohraATmsnDOTcom

Top Bottom