Official Android discussion thread

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys looks like my Keyboard settings has changed and now while I edit some text the keyboard comes with smaller keyboard layout.
Where do I need to check for this?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Guys what to do if my phone (6312) is booting only to recovery (CWM) ?

I just did a /data format followed by wiping dalvik cache. Then it never booted to the OS, only recovery.

I do have nandroid back up, but it's not helping either. After successful restoration, it is again booting to CWM.

Odin (obviously) is not detecting my phone. I have got my latest official stock rom with me.

What options do I have ?

amjath

Human Spambot

I just did a /data format followed by wiping dalvik cache. Then it never booted to the OS, only recovery.

I do have nandroid back up, but it's not helping either. After successful restoration, it is again booting to CWM.

Odin (obviously) is not detecting my phone. I have got my latest official stock rom with me.

What options do I have ?

Was your phone is on download mode when Odin was detecting.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

What options do I have ?

try flashing other rom from cwm. i think the bootloader and/or efs is corrupt.

lordvader

Right off the assembly line
Which other App we can send Videos like WhatsApp
is there any chat app where we can send bigger size video than on WhatsApp ?

Thanks

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Was your phone is on download mode when Odin was detecting.

I don't know if we can enter into download mode if custom recovery is installed.

try flashing other rom from cwm. i think the bootloader and/or efs is corrupt.

There are no custom roms available for my device. And if official rom isn't working, why do you think that any other rom will work ?

And if I am correct, if bootloader is corrupt, flashing a rom can't fix it until and unless I get the bootloader files (which are not usually available with a rom (?) ) and flash it.

Hrishi

I don't know if we can enter into download mode if custom recovery is installed.

I am not sure about your particular device , but my LG Optimus G allows download mode , with a custom recovery being installed on the device. (Twrp) .

In fact the download mode helps in LGNPSTing a custom recovery.

ajayritik

Technomancer
In input settings I think

settings --> Languages & input. Change what keyboard u want

I'm not sure what messed up this settings. Currently I have some arrow to the right beside the alphabets which seem to take lot of space. I checked and found that in the Input settings I have default option only Samsung available.

Also when I compose an SMS is there an option to ensure that only contacts having numbers are displayed. Everytime this damn thing includes contacts with email addresses and the message doesn't get delivered. Maybe it tries to convert that message to MMS. This seems to happen a lot with group messaging.

amjath

Human Spambot
I'm not sure what messed up this settings. Currently I have some arrow to the right beside the alphabets which seem to take lot of space. I checked and found that in the Input settings I have default option only Samsung available.

Also when I compose an SMS is there an option to ensure that only contacts having numbers are displayed. Everytime this damn thing includes contacts with email addresses and the message doesn't get delivered. Maybe it tries to convert that message to MMS. This seems to happen a lot with group messaging.

So issue resolved? If not take a screenshot please

ajayritik

Technomancer
*s1.postimg.org/lgxo6obov/Screenshot_2014_04_07_22_45_57.png

Top Bottom