Official Android discussion thread

athulda

New to this forum
Im gonna buy a brand new samsang s3 , & i have seen so many forums regarding the issues which were facing with s3 after a certain update. So im asking you whether should i update my brand new s3 & any tips or tricks on it ??? :)

ankush28

Bazinga
Could anyone suggest me a solid alarm app? I am getting kinda bored with the S4's default app. UI should be better than my gf's :p and it should have a solid functionality, and that feature should be there of default app which says how long left to my set alarm time from current time.
Is there any such app, paid (within 2-3 bucks), free anything?

I think stock AOSP Alarm clock fits perfectly in your requirements try to search for any ported app or try Tiny alarm clock.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Guys, I just formatted my Young duos (6312), but to my astonishment, it's still rooted, with Superuser installed (and working). Device status is still custom. How is this possible ? :?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Why not use the supersu inbuilt unroot? Isnt it simpler?
Yes, it is I suppose. I used it once, but that didn't change phone's binary status, it was still showing as 'modified'. But when I flash stock kernel back the status changes to 'official', and for me that's the point. Cause the only time I flash stock kernel is when I need to opt for warranty, and nowadays those service centre suckers suddenly got knowledgeable about these stuffs :| They won't accept the phone if binary is modified / custom.
If it's not about warranty then I honestly don't give a damn about the un-root process :)

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Anyone plays clash of clans here? My screen is getting locked for 10 seconds of inactivity, and when I unlock it, the game is loading again. How to disable this loading? or how to prevent the screen from getting locked when this game is running?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Anyone plays clash of clans here? My screen is getting locked for 10 seconds of inactivity, and when I unlock it, the game is loading again. How to disable this loading? or how to prevent the screen from getting locked when this game is running?

Did you install Gravity Screen app? If set correctly it causes the phone to lock itself automatically if kept still on a table.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
No.

:confused: I want to prevent the locking.

What I was doubting that you have the app installed and set it to lock automatically. Not providing a solution. :p
Does the phone locks even without you playing any games?
Have you checked what is the timeout set currently in settings?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If it has started happening after installing the game then just un-install it and see if the problme remains or not? Automated screen lock is not possible without help of an app or a particular setting.

I am kind of unable to update the thread. Will do it very shortly. Battery life is extremely shoddy probably my only gripe with this phone. With that kind of usage it will last around 8 hours.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Don't know if this is just me or anybody else gets it too.
when i get notifications for new google mails, i generally close the mail without reading them since they are just promotional and social mails and not important. i have the notification set to notify me just once for new mails. but later when i open my gmail on the desktop, i recieve the notifications for the previous mails again on my phone.

Got a Galaxy S on 2.3.3 GB (rooted) but doesn't happen on my Tab though (4.2.1 JB). it started happening since last couple of months, when i last reset my phone to factory settings.

ajayritik

Technomancer
This is the most strange thing happening. If one of my friend's changes his phone number I update his new number and delete his old number I think it syncs me and gets his old number which is no longer valid.
Is there anything to get over this problem without disabling auto sync.

Top Bottom