Official Android discussion thread

cybersa

Broken In
What about those mid-range Galaxies(like Ace)? They too have unlocked bootloader?

I do know HTC and Sony officially offer a separate software for unlocking those bootloaders but its always better to have it unlocked out-of-the-box! ;)

Good Mid Range Phone. ;)

tejjammy

Journeyman
What about those mid-range Galaxies(like Ace)? They too have unlocked bootloader?

I do know HTC and Sony officially offer a separate software for unlocking those bootloaders but its always better to have it unlocked out-of-the-box! ;)

HTC gives you step by step procedure on their site itself if you want to unlock the bootloader. Don't know about sony though

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys can someone go over this thread and help me please!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/158549-issues-insufficient-memory-lg-optimus-net.html

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
is there any app which can answer calls & record callers message just like answering machine?

I have never used an "answering machine" app. But to record calls, this app seems to be good:
*play.google.com/store/apps/details...sMSwxLDUwMSwicG9saXMuYXBwLmNhbGxyZWNvcmRlciJd

PS: May not work for your device. It seems one have to serch for their own app in this case to record calls. Just try some more apps after a quick query of "Call recorder" on play.google.com

power_8383

Eager to learn.
Zangetsu said:
no there are only two options "HTC Wallpapers" & Gallery
no Live Wallpaper bundled as they are in HTC One S & HTC One X :cry:

also no in-built file manager..so currently looking for a good file manager :|

You can activate the downloaded live wallpaper through Google Play.
And Astro is a very good file manager.

devverma

Right off the assembly line
Hello!

I want to buy new LATEST Android Smart phone under or around Rs.15000. I just lost my cell phone so looking for quick options as the choice is vast. So I need your suggestions. I don't want to just buy it for the heck of and repent later
my specifications for mobile are-
Big Screen At least 3.5inch.
want a decent gaming phone.
Decent Music and movie play that supports most latest formats
good camera at least 5MP with HD video Recording at 720p.
good hardware at least 1ghz processor, 512MB of RAM, & good GPU to play some HD games.
good Battery backup . I think 1500 maH with Android phones is a must these days...any difference of opinion,kindly explain

good ONLINE community support like XDA Developers.

I have been reading about Galaxy Ace plus, HTC One V, Motorola Defy plus, HTC Wildfire S though couldn't finalize as i am not a expert

Please do not suggest me crappy Spice, Micromax (Indian Chinese) phones. Please suggest branded phones only. Do not suggest phone like Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini or Mini Pro (because of 3inch screen).

Good reply is appreciated. Kindly help me with this
Thank You!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have been reading about Galaxy Ace plus, HTC One V, Motorola Defy plus, HTC Wildfire S though couldn't finalize as i am not a expert

of all these only One V is worth buying. Ace & Wildfire S are again flops and Defy Plus's price got hiked. Else check Desire S or Neo V. But both are really hard to find as they are discontinued by Sony and HTC.

devverma

Right off the assembly line
of all these only One V is worth buying. Ace & Wildfire S are again flops and Defy Plus's price got hiked. Else check Desire S or Neo V. But both are really hard to find as they are discontinued by Sony and HTC.

Isnt HTC one V's undetachable battery a cause of concern.
I am myself a fan of HTC and not of Samsung but still this issue doesnt make my choice easiar.

Also let me know any other mobile that i might be missing.

cybersa

Broken In
Today i did something to my Dad's Galaxy SIII.
As a result i corrupted the Baseband.

So,No Sim Detecting.
IMEI: Null (*#06#).

Then flashed the stock rom.
It is now working.:)

Then Tamil Language working properly on Stock Rom.
But it is not working well Custom Rom.
Don't know why?
I tried to copy the stock fonts to Custom Rom.
But failed.
Any Idea?

When comparing HCT One V to Neo V,I think Neo V is good.
Because it has Front Camera,HDMI Port and it can be upgradeable to ICS.

rider

as Kratos
When comparing HCT One V to Neo V,I think Neo V is good.
Because it has Front Camera,HDMI Port and it can be upgradeable to ICS.

HTC One V comes with inbuilt ICS, has much better IPS SLCD2 screen comparing to sony's LED-backlit LCD. Camera is much sharper and comes with BSI, so better in low light situation and last but not the least much faster in real life than neo v.
Xperia U has replaced Neo V at that price range, xperia u is a very nice phone with unbelievable dual core in such price range but in the end it has limited 4GB storage.

aroraanant

Explorer
Hello!

I want to buy new LATEST Android Smart phone under or around Rs.15000. I just lost my cell phone so looking for quick options as the choice is vast. So I need your suggestions. I don't want to just buy it for the heck of and repent later
my specifications for mobile are-
Big Screen At least 3.5inch.
want a decent gaming phone.
Decent Music and movie play that supports most latest formats
good camera at least 5MP with HD video Recording at 720p.
good hardware at least 1ghz processor, 512MB of RAM, & good GPU to play some HD games.
good Battery backup . I think 1500 maH with Android phones is a must these days...any difference of opinion,kindly explain

good ONLINE community support like XDA Developers.

Please do not suggest me crappy Spice, Micromax (Indian Chinese) phones. Please suggest branded phones only. Do not suggest phone like Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini or Mini Pro (because of 3inch screen).

Good reply is appreciated. Kindly help me with this
Thank You!
Ace plus is crap.
Defy+ screen is not so impressive.
Wildfire S is not to be considered now as better options are available.
One V is a good phone but a friend of mine who has bought and couple of other users have reported lags in games.And also its price has been increased.
I suggest you to pick Desire S for 16k from saholic.com,its a very good phone.
Or you can also have a look at Neo V which also costs 16k.

power_8383

Eager to learn.
Yes, Temple Run lags a lot on HTC One V.

But this is what I've read on TechRadar :-
Again with the many plus points let down by a few small niggling irritations, the HTC One V's Android-based app services and features are not without fault.
A few apps cause an unnecessary fuss if left to their own devices when the handset falls into sleep mode following a period of inactivity.

A prime example of this is the much loved and free to download game Temple Run.
While running smoothly, if a little sluggish at the start, during the game if left open with the handset not being used, waking the phone from its sleep mode will see users greeted with a combination of blank screen issues, freezing and a stilted recovery that can take a prolonged and infuriating period of time.

Top Bottom