Official Android discussion thread

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
In Astro File Manager, there is a utility built in that allows to take a backup of the apps in the form of .apk files, so that it can be installed later.
Try taking backup through that. You can select individual app of whom you want to take a backup.

I have checked that but it doesn't shows the Live Wallpaper which came preloaded with Desire such as Water :|

Pranav19

Broken In
I have checked that but it doesn't shows the Live Wallpaper which came preloaded with Desire such as Water :|

To backup system apps you would neet root. You can backup the apk using root explore or use titanium backup.. alternatively search for the apk on net you may find it

clmlbx

Technomancer
guys I am not able to play avi and mkv files in sony live with walkman any one facing this problem..I am already using Mxplayer..

which MX codec is best for live with walkman.. I mean arm 6 or 7 or 7 neon..

clmlbx

Technomancer
@ ^^ MX player automatically suggests the most suitable codec when you run it first time(without any codec installed)

well Mx player did not suggest any codec to me.. so does this mean I don't need it ..

i m using 7 and 7 neon both... ha ha... it can play... switch to software decoder

I switched to software decoder and yes now it can play both avi and mkv files.. mkv file I "installed" lol was 720P with size of 1.8Gb or so.. It lags some times. does any one facing this problem.. I am on stock rom..

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys have SGS2 for more than 6 months now. Was checking if somebody could suggest some good apps. Must have apps.I know there is link for must have apps but something related to SGS2 would be great!

faiz0210

Broken In
Htc sensatation

guys i want to buy HTC sensation but it's out of stock on every other site.
any help with this or any other good phone within the same range??

bubusam13

Human
I switched to software decoder and yes now it can play both avi and mkv files.. mkv file I "installed" lol was 720P with size of 1.8Gb or so.. It lags some times. does any one facing this problem.. I am on stock rom..

Well. It didn't lag in my case. Even played 1080p.
My problem is how to play *.dat files ?? That old VCD movie format.

I rooted my phone but now what????? Whats the use I cant guess. How can I remove the unremovable apps ? And is there any command line interface on Android What is busybox ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I rooted my phone but now what????? Whats the use I cant guess. How can I remove the unremovable apps ? And is there any command line interface on Android What is busybox ?

if possible flash custom recovery and take nandroid backup. easier to restore to the default state if something goes wrong than the whole "flashing stock rom" way. Once flashed just remove bloatwares using titanium backup.

Try Android Terminal.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
it is possible but suppose you removed some app and the browser starts to crash or some error creeps up saying android.process.media has stopped working. Then you'll end up flashing a custom rom or the stock rom and the process starts over again. So better to take a nandroid backup and then remove apps. I know titanium backup can take backup but i also know how buggy and unreliable that app is. If your luck is bad when restoring titanium backup will get stuck in the restoring process forever. I have faced this so many times in the past.

tkin

Back to school!!
it is possible but suppose you removed some app and the browser starts to crash or some error creeps up saying android.process.media has stopped working. Then you'll end up flashing a custom rom or the stock rom and the process starts over again. So better to take a nandroid backup and then remove apps. I know titanium backup can take backup but i also know how buggy and unreliable that app is. If your luck is bad when restoring titanium backup will get stuck in the restoring process forever. I have faced this so many times in the past.
In my case Titanium backup got stuck taking a batch backup of all apps, twice, it works when I backup one by one, there is a setting that fixes the bug but hilariously you need titanium pro to get around that issue, its like paying for a bug fix, stupid software and greedy devs.

I only rely on CWM backups.

bubusam13

Human
In my latest google map update, it shows a blue dot in place of the arrow mard that shows the direction. How Can I bring the arrow?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
In my latest google map update, it shows a blue dot in place of the arrow mard that shows the direction. How Can I bring the arrow?

It shows me an arrow. And I have latest Google map installed (Ver 6.8.1).

For reference:
*i.imgur.com/Hfsu2.png

Top Bottom